Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who attack GW2

jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

To all those that attack guild wars 2:

If you dont like the game, ok, but dont say things thats not true. The game rocks! It has changed the MMO world and all you guys and galls that attack it, are just angry that your game cant live up to the name! Go and play with your pandas then, if you dont like gw2. But dont attack without vallid reasons. All I read are attacks that have no real underline. Just attacks with their own oppinions and not true facts.

And about saying that Arenanet is facking the numbers? Look what Blizzard did. They gave 6 million people a 'free' copy of diablo 3 and said look what we did. I got mine free with a magazine sub. So.....

Im really thinking that some companies are behind the attacks on GW2. Why? Because noone with a clear mind would attack a game. Some people like it, some dont, but a real gamer wouldnt attack a game. Its more likely an employee afraid of loosing a job thats doing it. And they should fear GW2, because all others asking 15 euros a month for a sub and not adding hardly anything and then also asking money for an expansion, that the subbers already actually paid for.....!

So, here you have it, like it or not, but a real gamer is not a hater!

Oh and by the way...I like the other game too, but im no longer paying for a sub! GW2 rocks!

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by jungleninja

If you dont like the game, ok, but dont say things thats not true. The game rocks! It has changed the MMO world and all you guys and galls that attack it, are just angry that your game cant live up to the name! Go and play with your pandas then, if you dont like gw2. But dont attack without vallid reasons. All I read are attacks that have no real underline. Just attacks with their own oppinions and not true facts.

And about saying that Arenanet is facking the numbers? Look what Blizzard did. They gave 6 million people a 'free' copy of diablo 3 and said look what we did. I got mine free with a magazine sub. So.....

Im really thinking that some companies are behind the attacks on GW2. Why? Because noone with a clear mind would attack a game. Some people like it, some dont, but a real gamer wouldnt attack a game. Its more likely an employee afraid of loosing a job thats doing it. And they should fear GW2, because all others asking 15 euros a month for a sub and not adding hardly anything and then also asking money for an expansion, that the subbers already actually paid for.....!

Oh and by the way...I like the other game too, but im no longer paying for a sub! GW2 rocks!

Is that so...?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    total fanatacism at its best........ just kidding you tell them broham.... BRO FIST
  • nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Massively ironic, considering the years of hate WoW's been getting from GW2 followers.
  • rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Read the red than read the blueish color than see how much you contradict yourself.

Originally posted by nsignific
    Massively ironic, considering the years of hate WoW's been getting from GW2 followers.
    You mean every game thats now GW 2 or 1
  • dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

1. GW2 didn't change anything. It's just another good game on the market that redesign some elements to eliminate flaws and borow some elements from other games. This is why I love the game.

2. People read and watch all kind of shit from blogs and youtube and they imagination kicked in. While people who follow actual info about the game FROM DEV'S new exacly what to expect. We god game we were promise to get. They didn't get game produced just by they imagination. 

3. Most complains are just opinions BUT remember that GAME is INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCE. Some people just don't like it. Simple as that. For example 10 milion peoples play WoW (because Chuck Norris allow them to live) but I could not play it more than few hours. And I got bored to death. Is WoW bad because of that ? No. It's not for me. Trick is for people to not listen opinions and try it for yourself. Facts on the other hand - yeah, hear them and decide for yourself.

4. ANet did'nt fake numbers. We all see how popular is this game (top sales in multiple countries, most played MMO out there by xfire and others for some time etc, still 5 in top 10 on xfire and also high on similar systems). People who say that are retarded. Trolls that for some reason would like this game to fail but it not happening. 

AND BY THE WAY

Other companies should have no problem with GW2 for simple reason. There is no monthly fee so you are free to have your MMO sub up and still own a GW2.

You just wanted to say random things because you upset that not everybody are happy ? How sweet of you. Have a cookie. And for all complainers: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFDa9efCQU

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Agreed

I wish the MMORPG.com staff would do a tad better at policing the trolls and baiters though.  Perception is skewed because of this IMO.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

If you dont like the game, ok, but dont say things thats not true.

Look what Blizzard did. They gave 6 million people a 'free' copy of diablo 3 and said look what we did.

I see what you did there.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    GW2 is a nice game.  But I don't think it's changed the MMO world yet.  Hopefully B2P will catch on, but getting rid of teh trinity hasn't had the world changing results they hoped for.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Oh that poor horse...that poor, poor horse :(

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

WoW gets hate from every gamer, and non-gamer, especially parents, wives, husbands, girlfriend, boyfriends, etc. ;)

Even WoW players hate on WoW. lol.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    GW2 is a nice game.  But I don't think it's changed the MMO world yet.  Hopefully B2P will catch on, but getting rid of teh trinity hasn't had the world changing results they hoped for.

I agree pretty much with this.  I really hope the days of traditional quest hubs are over.  The lack of trinity though doesn't seem like it will change anything, since i think GW2 didn't replace it with something better.

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110

During the earning calls Blizzard mentioned 10 millions sold copies, including 1 million due to the wow annual pass. It doesn't include the free trial version up to level 13, the so called 6 million players of the "free" copy of diablo 3.

If you don't like the game, ok, but don't say things thats not true, dont attack without valid reasons, what you are doing are just attacks with your own opinion and not true facts. A real gamer is not a hater so stop hating about the pandas.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by observer

I agree pretty much with this.  I really hope the days of traditional quest hubs are over.  The lack of trinity though doesn't seem like it will change anything, since i think GW2 didn't replace it with something better.

Well, hearts are not exactly an improvement over quest hubs, if you see them objectively. It's not like you go to an area and you do something because you react to something that is happening (as was overhyped advertised), you do it because a checklist pops up on the top right corner. If it wasn't for that checklist, the majority of the heart quests would be ignored by the players. And it's not because players learned to interact in a certain way, more like you can't really tell something is needed to be done and how without that very much needed check list.

What feels more natural? Step into an area and get a checklist of stuff you can do to complete a quest or go to an NPC that may have a job for you? Or even better, (something that GW2 does with events), have an NPC run to you with a request to urgently move to a certain area?

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    We sincerely apologise for calling your girlfriend ugly, won't happen again.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Hehe, gotta love that one.

On Topic: These forums are all about hate and love. Some real sickheads running around here. Gotte love these ones too, they keep you awake while at work, give you a smile from time to time or just raise your blood pressure.

Hodor!

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Oh please... anyone can attack any game as much as they like as long as they don't attack the PEOPLE that play it. That goes for both directions.

Without the offensive and provoking extremists no real constructive criticism would ever emerge. And many seem to enjoy that form of criticism about a lot of games. Even the ones they love.

Stop trying to put a lid on unsubstantiated hate. Suppressing something only makes it blow up faster. Instead it would be better to try and educate the haters about constructive reasoning or plain ignore them. It's basic child-mind-psychology.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Well, hearts are not exactly an improvement over quest hubs, if you see them objectively. It's not like you go to an area and you do something because you react to something that is happening (as was overhyped advertised), you do it because a checklist pops up on the top right corner. If it wasn't for that checklist, the majority of the heart quests would be ignored by the players. And it's not because players learned to interact in a certain way, more like you can't really tell something is needed to be done and how without that very much needed check list.

What feels more natural? Step into an area and get a checklist of stuff you can do to complete a quest or go to an NPC that may have a job for you? Or even better, (something that GW2 does with events), have an NPC run to you with a request to urgently move to a certain area?

I keep re reading this and there is something interesting.

I'm really curious as to where people get confused on the "overhype" that wasn't there in the first place.

Anyways y'all have fun doing what you do, enjoy life and peace...

Oh and forgot to mention honestly, and just my opinion, but the sheer fact most hearts give me more choice into how I want to complete them, they are much more enjoyable than quests for [me], but that might be crazy because it was just a little tiny simple [change] or [addition] that made the difference.

Ohhhh snap, forgot to mention, @OP, I agree the game rocks but I really don't see an issue with people "attackin game." Because there are people who love this game and go attack other games for no good reason. Yes there is a lot of misinformation  given on this game as well as other games, it's the internet it happens.

You'll have people who already show they are intimidated by this game, then say they like it, then wait a few weeks and say it's boring and yada yada yada, yet somehow are still playing when clearly their favored game already came out they just got bored with it as well and won't admit it.

Then there are people who just don't like it and well have valid reasons. The game can't keep 100% of the players happy or having fun no matter how hard working and open minded the devs are.

Honestly Guild Wars 2 is go [so far] and ANET deserves the success [IMHO] because if they succeed hopefully the good things they do are expanded on or looked into. They didn't copy WoW in any regards, not even in [endgame], which is great IMO.

I thin good intentions will be well rewarded and I think ANET intentions are good.(well what about the others) All intend to make money, but do they intend on focusing or attempting to focus on [all] aspects of an MMORPG rather than just [one] or [two] gimmicks hoping that'll be enough? Then they usually copy [EQ] after those two gimmicks.

So yea I usually let words be words, I do like to say my opinion about posts and etc, but don't mind negativity, hell it may help in the long run.

So again guys enjoy life and peace(I know I said that earlier.)

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

cdf8084c-8879-43fc-b8b5-1a703fb7bb3e.jpg

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm over that stupid game.  Been there, didn't like it, way past over it.  You need to grow thicker skin if you can't handle people criticizing your favorite computer game.  I mean, geeez, it's a stupid computer game.  Get over yourself already.

Hearts are an improvement though.  The interaction with the NPC is not needed.  The multiple objectives for them is an improvement.  The optional heart tasks are just that, optional.  They provide a better flow of questing than the traditional model.  In the more traditional model, you would need to click an NPC, grab all quests, do quests, then return back to NPC for rewards.  Are they still the same objectives of Fetch X, Kill Y type of quests?  Yes, but the way it's presented is an improvement.

I've looked at it objectively, have you?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Massively ironic, considering the years of hate WoW's been getting from everyone who plays video games.

Fixed that for ya.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Overhype? I dont think you realize hearts didnt even exist originally. It was DEs that were hyped. Hearts were added in later to act as sort of a filler / guideline to get people into different areas and do things that would trigger DEs. Its kind of funny actually. After all the complaining of games like WoW "holding your hand" and guiding you through the game, people complaine dthat they needed their hand held and didnt know where to go and what to do because Arenanet didnt tell them where to go until they added in the heart quests.

BTW, just like with quests in any other game, you CAN talk to the heart NPC and he tells you what is going on, why youre doing these things, how to do them, etc. The difference is it is not required to begin working on the tasks in most cases. Though there are some where you do have to talk to an NPC to get special tools, buffs, transformations, etc.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Ha!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The thing is that there are 2 kinds of people critizing the game, those who actually have a point and those just trolling (and the same goes for all games). And of course the people who have a point but are so rude about it that everyone ignores their point.

I like the game myself, but it isnt perfect. Well founded critizing is not wrong, if everyone just say the game is perfect there would be no reason to make it better and discussing games are what we do on forums.

Some people here tend to treat people who say the game is just a Wow clone and people who gives suggestion how to make DEs more interesting th same way and that isnt fair.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Kilsin

cdf8084c-8879-43fc-b8b5-1a703fb7bb3e.jpg

I dont see a problem with this, it is not only the content but how you present it that matters.

There are books that have a pretty boring story that still is great because they are well written, and there are books that have a great story but are so badly written that reading them is a pain.

The type of quests that showed up in Meridian 59 and before it in single player RPGs like Pool of radiance could be presented in a lot more interseting way. Bioware thought the same but sadly does cut scenes for everything getting old really fast.

This discussion has been closed.