Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is doing fine, thank you very much

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Yea its 01:44am here on the east coast and thought I would provide a little respite from all the "game is doing poorly" talk.

imageimage

As you see the game is thriving and doing really well STILL.  The past 2 days I have completed the last of my 1-15 zones for world completion and there are still hundreds if not thousands of general "newbie" questions being asked in those zones.  Which is firther proof that the game is still growing.  Dont despair fans, dont let the haters and detractors change your attitude.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358
    I must have missed all the GW2 is doing poorly posts.  Whenever a new MMO is released there is always a dump of players that don't like it leaving, talking crap about it.  Most people don't care and don't care about posts like this eaither.  GW2 doesn't need anybody to defend it on the MMORPG forums.  It's still the most popular game on the front page.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Only one ive noticed was the "is it too early to call GW2 a flop?"

which I lol'd at.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The server browser gives an indication of how many accounts are registered on a particular server. They don't seem to show active players. If they did, the actual status would fluctuate during the off peak hours (like really early in the morning) and you would see differences between weekdays and weekends.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Xasapis

The server browser gives an indication of how many accounts are registered on a particular server. They don't seem to show active players. If they did, the actual status would fluctuate during the off peak hours (like really early in the morning) and you would see differences between weekdays and weekends.

Wrong!

Then why is it at prime time there are different numbers from 2-3 full servers during off hours to 7 or more full servers during peak.

Also you fail to rebute how come there are 365 sPvP matches going on at 1:44 in the morning.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

The "game is doing poorly" talk is standard mmorpg.com stuff. After all, if people don't play it ten hours a day like they used to, it must be dying, right? I wouldn't take it too seriously.

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

The server browser gives an indication of how many accounts are registered on a particular server. 

Oh, they do? An indication of registered account? And why would that be stupid and certainly more so when considering GW2s business model?

When in doubt, troll.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

So you sorted by population and scrolled to the high population ones, cool.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

They are all either Full or High, and the last 2 are always Medium.  This has been like this for weeks now.  There is no need to show an extra screenshot for the 2 Medium.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by observer
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

They are all either Full or High, and the last 2 are always Medium.  This has been like this for weeks now.  There is no need to show an extra screenshot for the 2 Medium.

Hey Observer thanks for posting this!

Seems that GW 2 is actualy going up on population recently , I haven't played in afew days other games ya know :P

Seems that GW 2 pop is catching up to WoW , no surprise really ,I mean come on , who wants to play frigan pandas with 12 year old kids when we got GW 2 with a very decent player base?

Plus it's Free LOL

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Wrong!

Then why is it at prime time there are different numbers from 2-3 full servers during off hours to 7 or more full servers during peak.

Also you fail to rebute how come there are 365 sPvP matches going on at 1:44 in the morning.

No, you are wrong. My server is a ghost town at 6-7 am yet it still says high. care to explain how? 

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    I am playing from Japan so i mostly play off hours.  I can tell you there is no population problem if anyone tells you differently they are wrong.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by krakra70

Wrong!

No, you are wrong. My server is a ghost town at 6-7 am yet it still says high. care to explain how? 

How do you explain the fluctuation of Full and High servers then?  Want me show some screenshots?  This was taken several days ago.  According to you, the Full servers would never drop, since the "accounts" set the description of High or Full.  

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

Wrong!

So , you exspect to see everyone in the server in the same area as you?The game is very large and it has multiple area's including SPvP grounds and WvWvW , the servers take the over all population of the map that server is on , not by general area , this your first mmo?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Wrong!

No, youre wrong. It shows population based on people online, not accounts on the server. If it were account based, they would need to continue opening new servers constantly to allow new accounts to join them because every server would always remain full. They would never fluctuate between medium, high, and full.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

The game is doing fine

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I'm from EU but playing on the US Jade Quarry server after they changed the servers in the betas and my previous one got shoved.

The main reason for that is that my guild is a international one with people from our GW1 guilds, people from my guild in Atlantica Online, my supergroup in City of Heroes as also other people that I meet in the beta or after release in GW2.

We have people from new zealand that are playing when me and other EU people are at work while the US people are in bed.

Then at my times under the week I meet some from the US, are together with some from Taiwan and some from EU.

Even at days I spend the whole day in GW2 (free days or weekends), Lions Arch is always full, in WvsWvsW we always have queues through the whole day and night and if one wants to transfer to our server they have to keep trying in the hope that someone just switched to a other server in between.

I can see that almost all of the servers are full, some are high and two like others said are at medium load.

My collegue is playing on a EU server and he said they have people on at all times aswell.

Meet also several other EUs on Jade Quarry aswell so the population makes sure that the load is up at all times and that comes from the fact that all timezones are present (or at least many different ones).

In my opinion the game is doing great and after all bugs are fixed and we get more mini games, guild halls and more even more people will join.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Wrong!

No, youre wrong. It shows population based on people online, not accounts on the server. If it were account based, they would need to continue opening new servers constantly to allow new accounts to join them because every server would always remain full. They would never fluctuate between medium, high, and full.

Or it could be based on both. I suppose the only way to check is to login right after a maintenance to see the server status; it shouldn't be "high" if you are quick and if it is entirely based on activity.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

On prime time in Europe we have 3-4 full servers, 3 medium and rest are high.

1 month has passed and most hardcore gamers has left the game by that time and wait for the next big mmorpg to release. Now what we got is a huge amount of casuals, and i see that as a WIN for ArenaNet and GW2.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by zonzai
    I must have missed all the GW2 is doing poorly posts. 

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2#stats

I hear people like to use xFire to keep track of how many hours they played. Well, in GW2 you don't need that. Just type /age and you get hours played across all character and how many days has passed since oyu started playing. Only a veeery small minority of players use xfire.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

I dont watch the servers for fullness/emptiness but there is generally always a ton of players on and i am still having quite a bit of fun with my original level 80 ranger..

Though after 80 i have become somewhat less exploratory and more of a select location camper/farmer/resource gatherer/tradeskiller out in the field however as i generally dont farm events but will participate in any that cross my path and i enjoy it that way..

This game really needs more level 80 content added in for good measure and more than 3 kinda static world dragons to battle but i am sure anet has already taken that into account..

I would like to see dragons that really dominate the battle area and force players to rethink their every move..

Playing GW2..

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

1 month has passed and most hardcore gamers has left the game by that time and wait for the next big mmorpg to release. Now what we got is a huge amount of casuals, and i see that as a WIN for ArenaNet and GW2.

Quoted for truth

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Now when the rush to 80 crowd has taken a break I find myself grouping a lot more than few weeks ago, population is so spread out and when you ask to group for champs and puzzles I tend to get respons within seconds, It's great.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Now when the rush to 80 crowd has taken a break I find myself grouping a lot more than few weeks ago, population is so spread out and when you ask to group for champs and puzzles I tend to get respons within seconds, It's great.

What server are you on? i will gladly transfer if response time is in seconds. Because i am getting a little tired of soloing through the zones.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

That's interesting since from semi-private playing forum I am on - most people that still play are hardcore.  They have betwen 200-400 hours total.   There was only one hardcore player that had hundreads of played and deciced to go MoP. 

From casuals - with played between 30-100 hours  about half left.   

We had a topic 2 days ago with people posting screen of /age and telling if they still play or not.

% of those who played ALOT that still play is much higher than % of those who played below 100-150 hours and still play.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by fenistil

That's interesting since from semi-private playing forum I am on - most people that still play are hardcore.  They have betwen 200-400 hours total.   There was only one hardcore player that had hundreads of played and deciced to go MoP. 

From casuals - with played between 30-100 hours  about half left.   

We had a topic 2 days ago with people posting screen of /age and telling if they still play or not.

% of those who played ALOT that still play is much higher than % of those who played below 100-150 hours and still play.

Because, of course, casuals spend a lot of free time in MMORPG forums, being casual and all that. Right?

If you're polling forum goers you've shifted the curve way towards the "hardcore" end of the spectrum. I doubt that of the over two million accounts created any significant percent of the population is actually in these forums as well, and of those of us that are there's a much more significant percent whose hours would classify them as "hardcore" as opposed to "casual".

Oderint, dum metuant.

This discussion has been closed.