Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Bots overrun GW2' a very good read.

124»

Comments

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by ennymith

The reason Anet does not crack down on botters is that in reality, the bots are the creations of 'private contractors' hired by Anet to destroy any way of players gaining income in game, and the result is the ONLY feasible way to buy anything of value in the game is to Pay Anet either through the cash shop gem store, or through one of these contractors who pass it on to Anet.

This gives Anet plausible deniability.  Hey we are helpless, or we are doing what we can, or we will do something someday, blah, blah, blah, all the while raising prices of desireable items to heights that make Asian pay to win grindfests paltry.

Anet nicked the whole legendary gear thing from Perfect World, lock stock and barrel, and just renamed a few of the functions of the acquisition process. 

GW2's enconomy is pretty much destroyed, and end game content is overrun by bots.  No longer a AAA experience, but a massive SNAFU.

You have no proof whatsoever that Anet is behind the botting/botters. Maybe some Geodon might help with that paranoia.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by Raekon

I am sorry but do you want me to break down every servers population for you? ofcourse i will say game has lots of bots. Even Anet acknowledged that. So what kind of proof you are looking for exactly? if botting problem wasn't sever Anet wouldn't take notice of it. I think they have better understanding of how many bots are running around in the game. However, players can only make opinion on basis of amount of complaints on forums and what they see in game.

So if i never come across a single bot or only say couple of bots in weeks doesn't mean i will go around telling people 'it is just a minor' problem. That is what you were trying to imply here. You didn't see a lot of bots on your server so problem isn't severe. Sorry but the world doesn't revolve around you.

It's one thing to say that the game has lots of bots (at least at your server) but your threads title suggests that it was "overrun by bots" and that's simply not true.

If you don't "get" that yourself then it's obvious that you are the one with the "aknowledgment" problems here.

I never said that there aren't any nor did I ever say that botting it's not a serious problem.

What I'm trying to imply is simply that your topics title isn't true and then you go and put up everything you say as major while everything I say as minor, only because I'm one of 1000s that didn't came across bots for weeks anymore which shows that ANet already worked on the problem and are still working on it.

Once again, my topic isn't about TP. There is difference between saying TP didn't go down at all and saying that TP was down most of the day with ocassional 2 to 3 hours up time. Go back and re read the original post i quoted. There was no argument to begin with.

Someone else actually stated that it was a problem and you immediately wrote that it was down for "weeks".

Yes you said afterwards that it was occassionaly up.

You are more concerned about what i said about TP being down rather than my original topic which is about botting. Even accusing me for spreading negativity.

Excuse me but your topics title is a negativity spreading one.

Maybe you should thought what you typed there? Why not type "a article about botting" or similar?

Since you didnt and didnt even bothered to change it, it shows that you actually intend the negativity that brings with it to take place.

Dude..Stop saying word 'offended' oer and over again. I am not offended but i do grow tried of obnoxious attitude of fans who get up in arms moment something negative is posted about GW2 no matter how genuine and relevant.

Well if you would had checked my history, you would had seen that I'm not really like that.

However, if you don't want such arguments to take place, maybe you should overthink your attitude and sit down and think that denial even means before you throw the word at everyone that had a different opinion to you.

If I were in "denial" like you said several times to me, I wouldn't aknowledge the botting problem at all and that wasn't the case to even start with.

I implied that it was better on my server for the last few weeks and you go and thrust that aswell but saying that I'm "minority" while you are a "major" only because you saw threads about bots in the forums that are not visited for over 90% of the playerbase to even start with.

Saying that the game  is "overrun by bots", indicates that every server is filled with them and they are around every corner and that's simply not true.

Reading comprehension problems? when did i say your opinion is minor? didn't i made it clear that it is allright if you didn't come across any botters but why try to hold your experince as some objective truth and shrug of the problem saying it is 'minor' or that people are just exaggerating it? all the posts that people post regularly on official forums, screenshots and videos.are those all lies? if problem is not as server as you claim it to be Anet is not the company that would just acknowledge it for the fun. I am sure they have lot of serious issues to deal with right now.

Once again, saying that the game is overrun by bots is a exaggeration.

The truth is that, i could give a damn about your server and your experince. Your experince against the experince of thousands and acknowledgement by Anet regarding boting is all the truth i need.

If you had simply come in to share your experince and say 'hey guys maybe i am lucky to be on server which has no bots.' i would understand but what  you are trying to do here is using your own personal experince to undermine the whole botting problem and simply labeling it as an 'exaggeration' or 'minor' problem.

Compared to other games it is minor in GW2 and that's not based only on my experience alone but other peoples in the game aswell.

Have also tested and played almost every mmo available so I can really tell the difference cause there are games around that were and some still are infested by bots and gold sellers which isn't the case when it comes to GW2 so far.

There is definately a difference if EVERY server of a game is totally infested or only a few or just say some are affected while others barely.

If every server were full with bots and gold sellers so you can't even go to a area without coming across one or several, then you can tell that the game is "overrun by bots".

Since this isn't the case, the problem is minor compared to other games.

It also depends on what type of botting takes place and if that affects ones gameplay or not to even start with.

I don't need to exaggerate anything. There is plenty of information about it on official forums and for those who are ready to acknowledge the problem with an open and un biased mind they would realise that botting is severe and not somethign to just shurg off.

There you go again. Your threads title is a exaggeration and  you are supporting it.

If you really wanted a good discussion about botting you could had asked about the peoples experiences, adding the article as a extra, instead of typing such a type of title and calling everyone that has a different opinion to yours because of facts, "in denial" or "biased" or too "close minded".

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by moguy2
    It isnt the botters that are ruining it. It is the people that buy the currency from them that is ruining the game. Dont buy it and they have no reason to show up and bot. Viscious cycle huh?

That is why you cant trade directly but have to mail stuff, ANET can see that someone mailed you 50 gold.

Only way to get rid of the problem is banning people who buy gold which they have started with but havnt done enough yet.

But I think botting really isnt so bad as many say. It is far faster to hack accounts than to bot, something we seen more and more of in Wow. The stuff you can bot just aint enough to really be worth the work.

I been playing 200 hours, cant say I noticed any bots. That doesnt mean they arent there but I see the whole thing as a storm in a glass of water.

Get rid of people buying gold and it fixes itself. Check all mails with a lot of money in them, check who sent them and who received them. You would soon figure out who is a scumbag and who isnt.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

It's one thing to say that the game has lots of bots (at least at your server) but your threads title suggests that it was "overrun by bots" and that's simply not true.

Hahaha... go read the OP again....it is a topic i linked from official forums and no it is not my topic. You focus too much on title. and ignoring the real problem it is trying to highlight here.

If you don't "get" that yourself then it's obvious that you are the one with the "aknowledgment" problems here.

Acknowledge what? i still agree with that topic and since situtaion differs from server to server for others it could be indeed the scenario where their serveres are over run by bots.

I never said that there aren't any nor did I ever say that botting it's not a serious problem.

What I'm trying to imply is simply that your topics title isn't true and then you go and put up everything you say as major while everything I say as minor, only because I'm one of 1000s that didn't came across bots for weeks anymore which shows that ANet already worked on the problem and are still working on it.

And still you are moaning about the title. And yes people who says 'i played all the way to level 80 and came across 2 or 3 bugs' or those who says 'hey i never came across a single bot' are in minority. One just have to look at official forums to see daily topics about bots, videos and screenshots being posted to bring this to attention of Anet. So in cases like these i would rather believe the majority than obvious fans like you who would deny anything that would put GW2 in negative light. I don't think i eve need to say that your whole reason to continue post is to do 'damage control'.

Someone else actually stated that it was a problem and you immediately wrote that it was down for "weeks".

Actually i said both things in same reply. Yous eriusly need to read better.

Maybe you should thought what you typed there? Why not type "a article about botting" or similar?

Since you didnt and didnt even bothered to change it, it shows that you actually intend the negativity that brings with it to take place.

Only because your opinion differs from rest or your doesn't mean that everything that doesn't confirm with your own opinions is automatically negative. Your overly emotional attachement with GW2 isn't my problem. 

Well if you would had checked my history, you would had seen that I'm not really like that.

However, if you don't want such arguments to take place, maybe you should overthink your attitude and sit down and think that denial even means before you throw the word at everyone that had a different opinion to you.

Once again, i never said that you don't have a different opinion or experince regarding bot problem. I even made it very clear that experince might vary from server to server. But problem is not that you are giving just your opinion but you were clearly  trying to down play the whole situation by saying 'hey i didn't come across many bots so problem is definitely not serious'. And i see fans doing that all the time. Trying to down play bugs and bots with comments like that. When official forums tell a different story.

If I were in "denial" like you said several times to me, I wouldn't aknowledge the botting problem at all and that wasn't the case to even start with.

I implied that it was better on my server for the last few weeks and you go and thrust that aswell but saying that I'm "minority" while you are a "major" only because you saw threads about bots in the forums that are not visited for over 90% of the playerbase to even start with.

Saying that the game  is "overrun by bots", indicates that every server is filled with them and they are around every corner and that's simply not true.

No the title simply indicates that botting is a serious issue and if one starts reading the daily topics about botting, one gets a feeling that GW2 is indeed beign over run by bots.

lets agree to disagree here because your whole argument is stuck on the 'title'.

Compared to other games it is minor in GW2 and that's not based only on my experience alone but other peoples in the game aswell.

Yeah sure.... no surprise there. This is the problem. You don't simply give an opinion on matetr but try to down play the whole problem on basis of your own experince and well these alleged 'other' people. Who are these other people by the way?

Have also tested and played almost every mmo available so I can really tell the difference cause there are games around that were and some still are infested by bots and gold sellers which isn't the case when it comes to GW2 so far.

And my experince to you is totally different and i have also played every MMO on the market.

There is definately a difference if EVERY server of a game is totally infested or only a few or just say some are affected while others barely.

If every server were full with bots and gold sellers so you can't even go to a area without coming across one or several, then you can tell that the game is "overrun by bots".

It also depends on what type of botting takes place and if that affects ones gameplay or not to even start with.

When you are ready to look beyond the title of the topic i think we can continue this discussion. because right now it is getting really repetitive and tiring.

There you go again. Your threads title is a exaggeration and  you are supporting it.

If you really wanted a good discussion about botting you could had asked about the peoples experiences, adding the article as a extra, instead of typing such a type of title and calling everyone that has a different opinion to yours because of facts, "in denial" or "biased" or too "close minded".

Yes i am indeed supporting it. And i am already reading other players experince on official forums every day and since Anet acknowledged the problem, that is all the proof i need. As far as you being biased and in denial. Well since the only thing you have been focusing on is the 'title' again and again and completely shrugging of the real problem by calling it 'minor'. I don't think i was wrong about what i said.

Hahaha... go read the OP again....it is a topic i linked from official forums and no it is not my topic. You focus too much on title. and ignoring the real problem it is trying to highlight here.

Acknowledge what? i still agree with that topic and since situtaion differs from server to server for others it could be indeed the scenario where their serveres are over run by bots.

And still you are moaning about the title. And yes people who says 'i played all the way to level 80 and came across 2 or 3 bugs' or those who says 'hey i never came across a single bot' are in minority. One just have to look at official forums to see daily topics about bots, videos and screenshots being posted to bring this to attention of Anet. So in cases like these i would rather believe the majority than obvious fans like you who would deny anything that would put GW2 in negative light. I don't think i eve need to say that your whole reason to continue post is to do 'damage control'.

Actually i said both things in same reply. Yous eriusly need to read better.

Only because your opinion differs from rest or your doesn't mean that everything that doesn't confirm with your own opinions is automatically negative. Your overly emotional attachement with GW2 isn't my problem. 

Once again, i never said that you don't have a different opinion or experince regarding bot problem. I even made it very clear that experince might vary from server to server. But problem is not that you are giving just your opinion but you were clearly  trying to down play the whole situation by saying 'hey i didn't come across many bots so problem is definitely not serious'. And i see fans doing that all the time. Trying to down play bugs and bots with comments like that. When official forums tell a different story.

No the title simply indicates that botting is a serious issue and if one starts reading the daily topics about botting, one gets a feeling that GW2 is indeed beign over run by bots.

lets agree to disagree here because your whole argument is stuck on the 'title'.

Yeah sure.... no surprise there. This is the problem. You don't simply give an opinion on matetr but try to down play the whole problem on basis of your own experince and well these alleged 'other' people. Who are these other people by the way?

And my experince to you is totally different and i have also played every MMO on the market.

When you are ready to look beyond the title of the topic i think we can continue this discussion. because right now it is getting really repetitive and tiring.

Yes i am indeed supporting it. And i am already reading other players experince on official forums every day and since Anet acknowledged the problem, that is all the proof i need. As far as you being biased and in denial. Well since the only thing you have been focusing on is the 'title' again and again and completely shrugging of the real problem by calling it 'minor'. I don't think i was wrong about what i said.

Once again, exaggeration to its fullest, turning around my own words in my mouth by saying that I downplayed everything in my first post which wasn't the case only because you don't want to accept any other opinion and still not understanding the word DENIAL to save your life.

All this obviously shows your negativity in many levels as it shows that you are the biased one here cause you don't accept ANY reasoning then your own.

Guess what? I told you before as many others said it in several other occassions:

- if you have around 10% of a games population visiting the forums then its rather a high percentage of forums goers cause most people either never visit the forums or only if they have a technical issue at times.

So I would say 10% is indeed a minority when you think that the remaining never bother to visit the forums at all.

To your information so you can finally learn what the word you are overusing when you are calling everyone biased and a fanboy that doesnt full back your point:

Denial (also called abnegation) is a defence mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

With other words and to point it out again since you still DONT get it: I NEVER claimed there are no bots and never said that I didn't came across any.

Go check my first post and you will see exactly that I said, "I didn't came across any bots for the last few weeks" which means that ANet took care of the issue. I stated that I came across like 5 in overall prior to that.

This clearly shows that there is NO DENIAL involved here so PLEASE learn what the word means before you throw it left and right the whole time trying to accuse people.

The "others" I referred to are collegues from work that are playing on EU servers (I'm on a US one) and friends and guildies on my own server.

None of them ever use the forums because they are not forumgoers.

I'm not using these forums from home either because I rather spend the time playing, watching a movie, doing something at home or be together with friends and family.

Only checking them from work whenever I get to do so and that only because I have the opportunity.

I think the low posting count for the time I'm on these boards should be proof enough for that aswell.

Even people on this thread didn't came across a bot or very rarely did so and you still put us there as the "minority" only because it doesn't fit your point.

Other than that:

- since the last patch ANet added farming for bots became useless so it can't effect the economy of the game anymore (or at least it seemed so)

- people teleporting around to be "faster" doesn't affect anyones gameplay and even its unfair to the rest of us that are paying for the traveling cost, it still gives no real advantage to the bot due to the farming limitations

The only real problem I currently heard of by someone that wrote in the forums was that some (like 5 bots) had aimed a event point and were spamming on it which annoyed other players.

So it's not downplaying it, it's watching and understanding the nature of a issue unlike you.

Most of all since it's not the same on every server and you WONT find a bot behind every corner like you "supportive" "overrun" indicates.

- It's ok to say there are bots in the game and ANet is taking care of them one after another

-  it's not ok to spread lies that the bots "overrun the game" like if they were everywhere on each server, on each area, around every corner.

Once again, exaggeration to its fullest, turning around my own words in my mouth by saying that I downplayed everything in my first post which wasn't the case only because you don't want to accept any other opinion and still not understanding the word DENIAL to save your life.

All this obviously shows your negativity in many levels as it shows that you are the biased one here cause you don't accept ANY reasoning then your own.

Guess what? I told you before as many others said it in several other occassions:

- if you have around 10% of a games population visiting the forums then its rather a high percentage of forums goers cause most people either never visit the forums or only if they have a technical issue at times.

So I would say 10% is indeed a minority when you think that the remaining never bother to visit the forums at all.

To your information so you can finally learn what the word you are overusing when you are calling everyone biased and a fanboy that doesnt full back your point:

Denial (also called abnegation) is a defence mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

With other words and to point it out again since you still DONT get it: I NEVER claimed there are no bots and never said that I didn't came across any.

Go check my first post and you will see exactly that I said, "I didn't came across any bots for the last few weeks" which means that ANet took care of the issue. I stated that I came across like 5 in overall prior to that.

This clearly shows that there is NO DENIAL involved here so PLEASE learn what the word means before you throw it left and right the whole time trying to accuse people.

The "others" I referred to are collegues from work that are playing on EU servers (I'm on a US one) and friends and guildies on my own server.

None of them ever use the forums because they are not forumgoers.

I'm not using these forums from home either because I rather spend the time playing, watching a movie, doing something at home or be together with friends and family.

Only checking them from work whenever I get to do so and that only because I have the opportunity.

I think the low posting count for the time I'm on these boards should be proof enough for that aswell.

Even people on this thread didn't came across a bot or very rarely did so and you still put us there as the "minority" only because it doesn't fit your point.

Other than that:

- since the last patch ANet added farming for bots became useless so it can't effect the economy of the game anymore (or at least it seemed so)

- people teleporting around to be "faster" doesn't affect anyones gameplay and even its unfair to the rest of us that are paying for the traveling cost, it still gives no real advantage to the bot due to the farming limitations

The only real problem I currently heard of by someone that wrote in the forums was that some (like 5 bots) had aimed a event point and were spamming on it which annoyed other players.

So it's not downplaying it, it's watching and understanding the nature of a issue unlike you.

Most of all since it's not the same on every server and you WONT find a bot behind every corner like you "supportive" "overrun" indicates.

- It's ok to say there are bots in the game and ANet is taking care of them one after another

-  it's not ok to spread lies that the bots "overrun the game" like if they were everywhere on each server, on each area, around every corner.

Let us see..i post a a topic about botting. You get stuck on the title of the topic. Ignoring what topic is really trying to say. You share your own experince and try to undermine the whole botting problem by saying it is just 'minor' since you didn't come across that many bots.

That is the crux of the problem here. Evreytime a topic about bots or bugs come up there is always someone like you trying to do damage control by sharing his own personal experince as if that changes the actual situtaion.

As far as you mentioning others... a lot of my guild mates and friend came across bots what does that prove? two can play that game. This is a very old trick.

Giving an opinion is fine but why try to downplay the problem by trying to pass your own experince as some objective truth? OP is not an accusation, it is a simple discussion and attempt to find soultions regarding botting and make Anet aware of it.

It is hilarious how defensive you got over this. When i need to form a solid opinion i always check official forums because that is where msot of the active GW2 players post. 

It is sad though that after sayign it repeatedly you re still stuck on 'title' of the topic. You can interpret the meaning in any way you like and frankly i don't give a crap about it ;)

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152
    The game atm have the same server status no matter what time it is, i thought it was anet manipulating the statics, guess i was wrong, servers are full and Hight all the time because BOTS DONT SLEEP. Did you remember a few days ago when we didnt find a single server Full?, that was probably the banhammer, but once again the bots are back. I gonna give you an example, I logged a few mins ago, my server atm is full but i in the myst i found no more than 10 players around, something is just not right here.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Aion had a bad problem with bots too. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Eletheryl
    The game atm have the same server status no matter what time it is, i thought it was anet manipulating the statics, guess i was wrong, servers are full and Hight all the time because BOTS DONT SLEEP. Did you remember a few days ago when we didnt find a single server Full?, that was probably the banhammer, but once again the bots are back. I gonna give you an example, I logged a few mins ago, my server atm is full but i in the myst i found no more than 10 players around, something is just not right here.

Never let the truth get in the way.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I agree that ANet needs to do a much better job, but botting in GW2 doesn't really bother me.  There wasn't a lot that I felt I needed to buy with gold, mainly gems, and farming gold wasn't that bad.  It obviously has an effect on the economy but I have no idea to what extent.
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    I agree that ANet needs to do a much better job, but botting in GW2 doesn't really nother me.  There wasn't a lot that I felt I needed to buy with gold, mainly gems, and farming gold wasn't that bad.  It obviously has an effect on the economy but I have no idea to what extent.

I would say the economic damage is pretty big already. As someone who was funding his gear through selling collectibles I am not happy with the TP and the Bots.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Can't post on their forums due to 401 error.

1. NcSoft has a reputation for not restore of lost accounts which was their problem. My account on Lineage 2 got ripped off shortly after their Lineage 2 game went F2P it was not due to phishing, and no virus on my computer or keylogger or any of the such or account sharing. NcSoft did not restore the account even though it was their fault for not having extra security in place and even after talking to them about it in public it took them like a month or more to get it into place.

2. The hackers are easy to come by likely client side hacks/memory hacking I did a google search and was able to find multiple cheat programs for teleporting/hacking Guild Wars 2, I can't give anymore details to avoid getting into trouble but with that said there are videos all over YouTube as well showing these cheats which gains bots unfair advantage being able to teleport around to resources quickly farm them.

3. I agree with the market, Gold Sellers like to farm gold enough to sell to people lets say 1 gold = $4 then they later on after making thousands of sells would devalue it in game make them spend the gold on items or loose it and then jack up the prices more making the gold they purchased worth nothing its just like Real Life ecnomics nothing new.

4. The developers OF GW2 for the most part absolutely suck. The game has potential but the person who did the artwork to begin with on all the leather armors needs to be laid off like seriously they look like garbage come up with something halfway decent then apply for a job again all I really can say. Its kinda what drives me away from guildwars 2 at the moment lack of customization/Recustomize and lack of armor looks/customization choices because leather armor looks like crap.

GW2 is likely going to be a failure, it wont die of course but it will be quite awhile before it gets up in potential to where it could be. GW2 is still the best MMO release of 2012 by far, but meh boring and needs changes to remain there.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Arenanet had been deleting threads about botting and related subjects like DR, which is a failed counter measure for botting that is limiting legit players from having fun in the game and not feeling the grind. Most threads on the subject simply vanish without a trace, especially threads with a lot of posts in it.

"Quick, silence the playerbase. ONLY HAPPY THOUGHTS ON OUR FORUM, LALALALALAA."

Let us see..i post a a topic about botting. You get stuck on the title of the topic. Ignoring what topic is really trying to say. You share your own experince and try to undermine the whole botting problem by saying it is just 'minor' since you didn't come across that many bots.

That is the crux of the problem here. Evreytime a topic about bots or bugs come up there is always someone like you trying to do damage control by sharing his own personal experince as if that changes the actual situtaion.

As far as you mentioning others... a lot of my guild mates and friend came across bots what does that prove? two can play that game. This is a very old trick.

Giving an opinion is fine but why try to downplay the problem by trying to pass your own experince as some objective truth? OP is not an accusation, it is a simple discussion and attempt to find soultions regarding botting and make Anet aware of it.

It is hilarious how defensive you got over this. When i need to form a solid opinion i always check official forums because that is where msot of the active GW2 players post. 

It is sad though that after sayign it repeatedly you re still stuck on 'title' of the topic. You can interpret the meaning in any way you like and frankly i don't give a crap about it ;)

Love it when people contradicting themselves adding half truths in their replies so they can prove their points.

It showcases how valid said points are, not.

I had previously wrote: Your threads title is a exaggeration and  you are supporting it.

Your reply: Yes i am indeed supporting it.

Maybe you understand now WHY I'm "stuck" on the title?

Maybe it has nothing to do with my interpretation but rather with you confirming the mere fact that you are supporting the exaggeration this title offers?

I don't have the need to use any "tricks" cause I'm actually talking with people and what I wrote wasn't only my experience alone, yet you are trying to make me look as a selfish person that thinks that everything he says is right by saying I'm in "denial" AFTER I already had said that I came across bots but it was several weeks ago.

Asked my collegue yesterday and today again. In the whole 30+ days he was in GW2 he came across ONE single bot on his server and that was a "teleporter" one. Nothing else.

Asked my guildies last night aswell and one told me that he came across ONE at queensdale in the centaurs event a few weeks ago (I checked myself yesterday and there were none) and a other one told me that he saw 2 or 3 bots in the level 70-80 area trying to farm , getting killed, respawning after a bit. That was also over a week ago.

They just reported them and never saw them again after.

Also checked both the english and german official forums and there are barely any threads about booting but rather about broken quests, guild issues and other.

So yes, people came across bots here or there but that doesn't make your title and "major" point less a exaggeration.

It rather proves that you exaggerating a lot here to say the least.

Only checked the first page though cause things that are as heavy as you are showcasing them here, are always at the front page of over 25 topics.

As about gold sellers:

I was receiving 2 emails per day recently, then 1 per day and yesterday I had none anymore. So much about the game being "overrun" by bots, gold sellers and the like.

You should really go check some of the other mmos out there that are really overrun because bots and gold sellers are around every single corner and present in every area. THAT's a major problem and that's something GW2 doesn't have.

Since they already had reporting tools in the game providing us with options and they already working against bots and gold sellers effectively, it will also never come to it.

Good job on trying to contradict yourself though and have a nice day.

Love it when people contradicting themselves adding half truths in their replies so they can prove their points.

It showcases how valid said points are, not.

I had previously wrote: Your threads title is a exaggeration and  you are supporting it.

Your reply: Yes i am indeed supporting it.

Maybe you understand now WHY I'm "stuck" on the title?

Maybe it has nothing to do with my interpretation but rather with you confirming the mere fact that you are supporting the exaggeration this title offers?

I don't have the need to use any "tricks" cause I'm actually talking with people and what I wrote wasn't only my experience alone, yet you are trying to make me look as a selfish person that thinks that everything he says is right by saying I'm in "denial" AFTER I already had said that I came across bots but it was several weeks ago.

Asked my collegue yesterday and today again. In the whole 30+ days he was in GW2 he came across ONE single bot on his server and that was a "teleporter" one. Nothing else.

Asked my guildies last night aswell and one told me that he came across ONE at queensdale in the centaurs event a few weeks ago (I checked myself yesterday and there were none) and a other one told me that he saw 2 or 3 bots in the level 70-80 area trying to farm , getting killed, respawning after a bit. That was also over a week ago.

They just reported them and never saw them again after.

Also checked both the english and german official forums and there are barely any threads about booting but rather about broken quests, guild issues and other.

So yes, people came across bots here or there but that doesn't make your title and "major" point less a exaggeration.

It rather proves that you exaggerating a lot here to say the least.

Only checked the first page though cause things that are as heavy as you are showcasing them here, are always at the front page of over 25 topics.

As about gold sellers:

I was receiving 2 emails per day recently, then 1 per day and yesterday I had none anymore. So much about the game being "overrun" by bots, gold sellers and the like.

You should really go check some of the other mmos out there that are really overrun because bots and gold sellers are around every single corner and present in every area. THAT's a major problem and that's something GW2 doesn't have.

Since they already had reporting tools in the game providing us with options and they already working against bots and gold sellers effectively, it will also never come to it.

Good job on trying to contradict yourself though and have a nice day.

Sir repeats a lot strike again.

Yeah i think it is quite clear by now that you are stuck on title. How many times are you goign to repeat same thing like a broken record? and i already told you i could care less how you interpret the title. 

I can go through forum and collect all the gold seller topics for you but i doubt even that is goign to help. You are here to do damage control and de rail the topic and so far you have been very successful. I must say you are very good at this. You successfuly made this entire topic about you. Good job.

I haven't contradicted myself because i was never stuck on the title but actual subject of what OP was saying. You never wanted to have a discussion. You were simply here to pick an argument and make sure that this discussion goes nowhere. Typical.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Saw my first bots last night.  They were killing lizards in the water.  There was a group of 5 or 6 of them.  Each one was named something like this:

fxhjuywa

xsfghrew

litvchdfg

They were teleporting to every spawn.  When a lizard appeared...boom all of them were there.  I stood high on a rock for about 10 minutes watching them teleport, kill, teleport, kill and so on.  Weirdest thing I have seen.  Took some screenshots.

Dont have them here at work, but I am sure most of you have seen this.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Aion had a bad problem with bots too. 

It still does.  Same with gold sellers spamming chat.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

They just need to find the tools the bots use and prevent them from using them,  takes some time and torough planning.

If they would only let open market things rule the gem-gold exchange, goldselers would be useless. PRices would be lower then what the goldsellers offer, people would finally get some real gold for their gems

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

They just need to find the tools the bots use and prevent them from using them,  takes some time and torough planning.

If they would only let open market things rule the gem-gold exchange, goldselers would be useless. PRices would be lower then what the goldsellers offer, people would finally get some real gold for their gems

Yeah, but the price for gems would go through the roof. So it is a question of choosing between the lesser of two evils: low gem prices for people who buy gems with gold or less botting. 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

While not an mmo, Diablo 3 have this.   Guess what?  Gold is still cheaper via 3rd party than via RMAH and people still bot / exploit.   

Many games tried many ways.  EvE tried PLEX system aka legit gold selling and price is totally set via players.  Diablo 3 allowed to direct $ = gold exchange.   

There are / were multiple asian f2p games that sold gold directly in cash shop. 

All above games have booming 3rd party gold selling, botting, etc

It NEVER stopped bots, exploiters and hackers.

If developers and GM's cannot physically get rid of bots and gold sellers - and that have to be done fast and effective;y through whole life of the game constantly on physical GM work and developer-API side - no amount of offical RMT will.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Bots-Overrun-Guild-Wars-2/first#post258913

I really enjoyed this article and agree with the conclusion.

Clearly botting is just too easy in Guild Wars 2 and the only people it is hurting are the legit players who will quickly begin to lose interest in the game if ArenaNet does nothing to acknowledge this problem in a bigger, more aggressive way.

that's the problem, casuals complaining about standard mmo probs.

if you can't stand the initial release time, wait till it's over, as allways, thx for the discussion.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"