Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Unofficial Announcement to Announce Official Announcement

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Marvel Heroes Online Facebook page has been updated with an unofficial announcement that the first round of closed beta testing will begin shortly. While the post is "unofficial", it does indicate that the "official" word about closed beta testing will be coming shortly.

Good morning everyone from California! Today's the start of our Closed Beta process. We'll have more information going live on the MarvelHeroes.com website later today, as well as account sign-up.

There are a couple of more steps to go for Closed Beta access. Keys will not be sent out today - we need some more info from everyone who's interested in testing before we can send any. That process starts today.

Hold on tight, we're about to get going!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

sounds interesting

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

signup for beta is available at site

https://marvelheroes.com/

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I am so disapointed in the direction this game went... If I wanted to play Diablo I would. I expected something cooler for the Marvel Universe.

Smile

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    If any of you guys steal the name Spiderman33137, I'm going to be sooooooooooooooo pissed,
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
     I just do not see the point of having umpteen spidermans running around in a MMO.  Oh right this is NOT a MMO but an FPS.
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
     I just do not see the point of having umpteen spidermans running around in a MMO.  Oh right this is NOT a MMO but an FPS.

You mean a ARPG? 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112
    Looks like APB pvp with super heroes 
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

It's about the same point as having umpteen warlocks/warriors/clerics running around in an MMO. Aside from aesthetics, the only thing separating you from others of your class is your build in the typical MMO, and people will be able to 'build' their heroes differently by distributing among stat and skill varieties just like the Ultimate Alliance games, but now in MMOARPG form.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• spitfire1064spitfire1064 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

It's about the same point as having umpteen warlocks/warriors/clerics running around in an MMO. Aside from aesthetics, the only thing separating you from others of your class is your build in the typical MMO, and people will be able to 'build' their heroes differently by distributing among stat and skill varieties just like the Ultimate Alliance games, but now in MMOARPG form.

The Point is, your still Iron Man or Thor, not a character of your own creation. I was really disapointed in discovering this and have lost interest in this game.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by spitfire1064
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

The Point is, your still Iron Man or Thor, not a character of your own creation. I was really disapointed in discovering this and have lost interest in this game.

The point is that's purely an aesthetic thing. I get that not everyone can get over that. Whatever floats your boats. But there are other hero games that allow you to do that. One of the rapidly growing bunch deviating from the flock isn't worth all the distress people are going on about. It was meant as an ARPG, by the creator of Diablo, all of which was known since years back. I don't remember having less fun because my Sorceress looked exactly like every other sorceress out there, and considering how loved D1 and 2 is, there ~should~ be many who feel the same. Yet all I see is this same argument. 

Gamer logic is weird.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."