Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oct 1 patch notes

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-October-1st-2012

General

• Fixed bugs for various stuck events and skill challenges.
  • Fixed bugs for various map areas that allowed players to get outside of the playable space.
  • Fixed a bug in dungeon speed-clearing code. Players should no longer experience reward reductions without triggering the speed-clearing debuff.
  • Fixed a bug that was automatically killing players as they entered Sharkmaw Caverns in Lion’s Arch.
  • Fixed an exploit in renown regions that allowed players to quickly complete them by interacting with objects while their inventory was full.
  • Fixed a bug that caused charr characters to enter a state where any fall resulted in a long falling yell.
  • Fixed a bug that caused older characters to have their monthly achievement reset upon completion before the current month ended.
  • Fixed the conversion on all items that were changed from soulbound to account bound to actually be account bound now.
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing certain music from playing.
  • Fixed an issue with the loot table for undead grubs.
  • Fixed a camera bug which occasionally caused the camera to get too close to the player’s backside.
  • Updated the Barrel and Green Plant environmental weapons to disappear after lying on the ground for a set time. This will prevent map issues caused by hundreds of these bundles idling on the ground.
  • Updated Rune of the Adventurer and Sigil of Energy to each grant 25% endurance when activated.
  • Updated map completion rewards for Plains of Ashford and all World-versus-World maps to match the map level/content.
  • Added an appropriate error message for players when trying to accept too many guild invites.
  • Armor that is currently equipped can no longer be transmuted.
  • Keg Brawl has received some updates:
    • Lob: This skill is now ground-targeted.
    • Throw: This skill now has the range of the old Lob but with a casting time.
  • Master Weaponsmiths now sell their goods for coin instead of karma, as was originally intended.
  • Miss Mipp at Almuten Mansion now sells Curry Buns instead of directly selling outdated buffs.
  • Surfacing while downed underwater no longer grants invulnerability. This change was made to stop players from exploiting the surface of the water to maintain permanent invulnerability.
  • The Trading Post will properly refresh when using item context menus from your inventory.
  • Transmuted cultural armor now prevents opposing races from equipping it.
  • Valkyrie armor boxes will now properly contain a coat instead of two helms when crafted.

Story

• Fixed bugs in the story step “Ships of the Line.”
  • Fixed blocking bugs in the following story steps: “Forging the Pact,” “Killing Fields,” “Shell Shock,” “Short Fuse,” “The Battle of Fort Trinity,” “The Machine in Action,” and “Tower Down.”
  • Updated difficulty of the following story steps: “Killing Fields,” “Lines of Communication,” “Minotaur Rampant,” “Mired Deep,” “Ships of the Line,” “The Battle of Fort Trinity,” “The Greater Good,” and “The Queen’s Justice.”

Events

• Fixed a bug that was periodically preventing the Claw of Jormag event from completing.
  • Added catapults and scaling veterans to the bridge repair event in Kessex Hills.

Dungeons
Crucible of Eternity

• Reduced the difficulty of creatures and bosses, particularly health and armor.

Citadel of Flame

• Fixed exploits that allowing players to speed clear paths of this dungeon.
  • Reduced difficulty of the Searing Effigy.

Arah

• Fixed map exploit that was allowing players to speed-clear paths of this dungeon.
  • Fixed a blocking bug in story mode.

Player versus Player

• Games will no longer autobalance after one team has reached 80% of the maximum score if the game ends by score.
  • Games will no longer autobalance when within two minutes of the end of the game if the game ends by time.
  • Autobalance functionality has been updated to give a new volunteer bonus to any players who volunteer for balancing, as well as giving any players balanced the winner bonus. When volunteers are lacking, random selection will be used. The text for this system has also been updated.

World versus World

• Updated the Red Portal Keep in the Eternal Battlegrounds to ensure the “no siege” debuff encompasses the entire start point.
  • Fixed a bug with Keep Lords in World versus World where they could become immune to damage.

Professions
General

• Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.
  • The following profession skills now hit 3 targets instead of 1:
    • Elementalist Dagger: Lightning Whip, Lightning Touch
    • Mesmer Spear: Stab, Jab, Evasive Strike
    • Ranger Spear: Stab, Jab, Evasive Strike, Dart, Counterstrike
    • Thief Spear: Stab, Jab, Poison Tip Strike, Nine Tailed Strike
    • Warrior Spear: Stab, Jab, Impale, Mariner’s Frenzy, Parry

Elementalist

• Flame Burst: This skill will no longer fire if the target is behind the player.
  • Lightning Surge: This skill no longer has infinite range and cannot fire at targets behind the player. It also is properly affected by line of sight and works with the Arcana trait Blasting Staff.

Engineer

• Elixir X: This skill now gains a duration increase from both the Inventions trait Elite Supplies and the Alchemy trait Potent Elixirs.
  • Freeze Grenade: This skill no longer benefits from the Explosives trait Grenadier for 5-second cooldown reduction.
  • Knee Shot: This Firearms trait now effects all immobilize skills for engineers. The effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds to prevent players from exploiting it to stack massive amounts of cripple.
  • Mortar: This skill is now properly affected by the Inventions trait Rifled Turret Barrels.
  • Rifled Barrels: This Firearms trait now works with the Elixir Gun kit when underwater.

Guardian

• Bane Signet: This skill’s animation will now work properly when activated by greatsword and hammer users.
  • Line of Warding: This skill now lasts for 5 seconds instead of 8 seconds.
  • Merciful Intervention: This skill has been updated to heal when it completes and isn’t aborted.
  • Renewed Focus: This skill now functions better while underwater (players are able to use abilities sooner) and functions with the Virtues trait Elite Focus. This skill now also properly refreshes Virtue of Courage when it is being affected by traits.
  • Shield of Absorption: This skill will now appear correctly for all races.
  • Wrathful Spirit: This Honor trait’s retaliation duration has been decreased from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.

Mesmer

• Updated all phantasms and clones available to the mesmer to ensure they activate within their range.
  • Updated mantras to now function underwater as they do above water. They also no longer go on full recharge when interrupted.
  • Illusionary Riposte: This skill now functions properly with the Dueling trait Blade Training.
  • Phantasmal Warden: This skill no longer has a 0-second recharge when affected by traits. It now has approximately a 5-second recharge.

Necromancer

• Blood Is Power: This skill now grants 10 stacks of might but does not grant additional life force.
  • Chill of Death: This Spite trait no longer slows down the player’s autoattack when activated.
  • Epidemic: This skill no longer has infinite range.
  • Haunt: This Shadow Fiend skill now triggers instantly.
  • Last Gasp: This Soul Reaping trait will now apply protection and remove stun as if using Spectral Armor. It also now has the displayed 60-second recharge, and the duration has been reduced to 6 seconds to properly match the skill.
  • Life Transfer: This skill will now work properly with the Soul Reaping trait Path of Midnight.
  • Life Siphon: This skill now properly applies damage at its intended range of 600.
  • Spectral Grasp: This skill now also grants 10% life force when used. It also benefits from the Curses trait Spectral Attunement to properly increase the chill duration to 6 seconds.
  • Spectral Walk: This skill now stops granting life force when struck if the player activates Death Shroud, Plague, or Lich Form.
  • Vampiric: This Blood Magic trait’s interaction with the Bloodthirst trait now increases health siphoning appropriately.

Ranger

• Entangle: This skill is now properly affected by the Wilderness Survival trait Wilderness Knowledge.
  • Lick Wounds: This skill now functions only with ranger pets.

Mac Beta Client Update:

• Fixed a bug that prevented players from entering the at sign (@) in the launcher’s log-in fields when using French Apple keyboards.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented gem purchases.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by prpshrt
    Still waiting for the update that has: Second half of game now released. 

huh?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

LOL   that was funny as hell

well played

:)

the reply saying, 'huh?'   was pretty funny too

sz

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by SaunZ

well played

sz

Actually, pretty ignorant and trollish.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

LOL. I'm not even at the quarter of this "half" of the game.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

huh?

Ring of fire isles, magumma wastes, crystal desert, far shiverpeaks, magus falls, isle of janthir, woodland cascades... That stuff...

Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by SaunZ

well played

sz

Actually, pretty ignorant and trollish.

Sigh... once more, Ring of fire isles, magumma wastes, crystal desert, far shiverpeaks, magus falls, isle of janthir, woodland cascades... That stuff...

<p cfbody"="">

Not trollish my dear. 

huh?

Ring of fire isles, magumma wastes, crystal desert, far shiverpeaks, magus falls, isle of janthir, woodland cascades... That stuff...

so because they have plenty of room for expansion the game is only half a game?... makes a lot of sense

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

huh?

so because they have plenty of room for expansion the game is only half a game?... makes a lot of sense

I define an expansion as a whole new map. You know, like with cantha in factions and elona in nightfall? 

Huh. Apparently I've painted a target at the back of my head for trying to be honest.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

huh?

I define an expansion as a whole new map. You know, like with cantha in factions and elona in nightfall? 

Huh. Apparently I've painted a target at the back of my head for trying to be honest.

Ha! I see where your coming from. Atleast it leaves room for expansion; can't wait to see what is there. Especially since I have had the game for a month now and my highest lvl char is 28 with 20% map completion 

huh?

that's fine but still don't see how not having those areas in right now makes GW2 half a game.. but sorry Im obviously offending the locals so ill back off.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

The game is plenty big enough at the moment.  The bigger a world gets the more spread out people are.  I would like to see them add some things to the game....serious additions.

Like more emotes and an appearance editor.  Throw in housing too. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

huh?

So Lotro was a half finished game?  They didn't release with mines of moria, rohan, etc.  WoW was a half released game too?  They didn't release with Northrend, Outland, Pandaria..  Oh, let's not forget Swtor either, since they didn't release with all the planets and galaxies..

Sorry, but you weren't being honest, you were just expecting too much and being impatient.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

huh?

I'm waiting for the bar brawl in Divinity's Reach.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• GoruduGorudu Member CommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by Nadia

Professions

General

• Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.
    This is what we've been waiting for, gentlemen!
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    [mod edit]

The irony in this...is astounding lol.

Patch notes are great though, I gotta re check cause there was a broken de in orr, didn't see it or may have missed it, smh.

Anyways enjoy life guys and peace.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    I really hope we can finally get a preview feature in the trading post soon -_-
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by hotix
    [mod edit]

You still dont understand what casual means.  As stated before, the game is mostly for the casual gamers (which is a majorrity) and for people that can live without carrots.

for those people there is more then enough content when they reach level 80.  Because the content is there if you look for it. But then some people are just to blind to see the  content when that isnt marked with uber gear and other power stuff.

I have 200 hours played whis like 40 hours a weeky, (would probably get me marked as addicted by most non hardcore gamers) and [mod edit] i have several alts and my main is not at 80. And i am enjoying every minute of those.  Those hours make your comments about not being level 80 yet look totally out of order. You dont seem to grasp the fact that people play games to have fun and not as a leveling geargrindign machine. Leveling is to many people of no importance at all, they are enjoying everything thats in the game and wayting for you around the next corner.

But then, as most content is not marked on your maps be hearts, some people will probably never find it.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    [mod edit]

Enlighten us first why we should CARE to reach max level so quickly. If this had been WoW, SWTOR, TERA, etc etc, I know the answer already. Been playing at a casual pace of 40 hours weekly and needless to say I'm enjoying it. I enjoy wandering around doing stuff that I stumble upon. I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for the many people here who still hasn't reached 80 despite the long total playtime.[mod edit]

[mod edit]

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

The last post summed it up for me.  I have been playing since launch and I would consider myself putting in average hours but still decent hours.  I am only level 45 (Alts below level 5) and completed about 20% of the map and haven't even touched PvP or dungeons yet.  I split my time between personal story, exploration (map clearing) and crafting. 

Some people say the personal story is boring (which one I don't know, there are lots) but I am genuinely interested in mine.  Had a great moment defending a large tent full of ambassadors last night from 3 different points.  Really great moment.

I am not here to grind out level 80 in two minutes, I am having fun just playing the game and watching the levels climb naturally.  Makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with people when I see them posting that they are maxed out in a new MMo within 3-4 days.  You can only do that if you skip content and just raid or grind out something endlessly.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Pretty significant changes here and for the better I might add.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by hotix
    [mod edit]

You still dont understand what casual means.  As stated before, the game is mostly for the casual gamers (which is a majorrity) and for people that can live without carrots.

for those people there is more then enough content when they reach level 80.  Because the content is there if you look for it. But then some people are just to blind to see the  content when that isnt marked with uber gear and other power stuff.

I have 200 hours played whis like 40 hours a weeky, (would probably get me marked as addicted by most non hardcore gamers) and like Aerowyn i have several alts and my main is not at 80. And i am enjoying every minute of those.  Those hours make your comments about not being level 80 yet look totally out of order. You dont seem to grasp the fact that people play games to have fun and not as a leveling geargrindign machine. Leveling is to many people of no importance at all, they are enjoying everything thats in the game and wayting for you around the next corner.

But then, as most content is not marked on your maps be hearts, some people will probably never find it.

For the non progression based, casual crowd GW2 is an amazing and has a plethora of content.  Ive been 80 for close to 3 weeks now even though I am in full Exotics (spend $150 on gems and converted them to gold) I still am only sitting on 71% world map completion (my main goal for 2 weeks now) and havent even scratched the surface of WvW, crafting, or Karma/dungeon farming for unique armor/weapon skins.  Dont even mention the allmighty Legendary.  In my estimation at my meager play time investment of 3-4 hours per day I still have at least a year of quality and rewarding content.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

And still no word about minion AI for the necromancer >:( You don't wanna know how many times these minions just stand there when I'm attacking or how many times they're on a killing spree killing everything they see when I'm just walking around.

Necro minion AI sucks balls!

Originally posted by observer

huh?

So Lotro was a half finished game?  They didn't release with mines of moria, rohan, etc.  WoW was a half released game too?  They didn't release with Northrend, Outland, Pandaria..  Oh, let's not forget Swtor either, since they didn't release with all the planets and galaxies..

Sorry, but you weren't being honest, you were just expecting too much and being impatient.

Idk about lotro but do you remember seeing outland, pandaria, northrend as part of the original map? I certainly do not. I'm not being impatient. I saw these regions in beta and expected them to be released given that I was required to have at least 25 GB of space. I'm certainly not expecting too much given what I saw and read. PvE straight up ends with Orr and frost sound after you hit 80. For someone like me who doesn't give two craps about PvP this is disappointing. You could argue that WoW only had level 85 with the twilight place but they made up for it with HUGE lower level areas. I'm not defending WoW but seeing as you brought it in for comparison I will too. I powered through levels 1 - 80 by just being a casual player. If anything compare it to the content that GW1 had once you hit level 20.  I hope I've convinced you. If not you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Good day. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Idk about lotro but do you remember seeing outland, pandaria, northrend as part of the original map? I certainly do not. I'm not being impatient. I saw these regions in beta and expected them to be released given that I was required to have at least 25 GB of space. 

Everquest a mmo that released in 1999

had Serpents Spine on the original map -- a region that wasnt available until 7 years later

map of norrath

http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/m.dodge/cybergeography/atlas/everquest_all_large.jpg

heres an old post from 2002 about Everquest

http://otherworlds31279.yuku.com/topic/960/Unknown-zones-in-EQ#.UGsP0E3A-kg

Areas on world map that shipped with Velious that have yet to be found/implimented:
    Odus:
    -Abysmal Sea
    -The Vasty Deep
    -The Barren Coast
    -The Gulf of Uzun
    -The Grand Plateau

Antonica:
    -The Northlands
    -The Hatchland
    -The Nest
    -Winters Deep
    -Unkept Wood
    -Lake Neriuss
    -The Dead Hills
    -The Buried Sea
    -Broken Skull Rock
    -Gulf of Gunthak

Faydwer:
    -The Loping Plains
    -Wyunder Lake
    -Elizerain Lake
    -Dragonscale Hills

Kunark:
    -Vesker

Velious:
    -none-

• StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Nadia

General

Maybe Im being a dirty noob but what is this referring to? I don't really get what they mean by "saving thier autoattack status" (and for the record I have an 80 engineer and never had any issues with my kits except for their shitty scaling).