Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game would be dead already if it wasn't B2P

Instant9xInstant9x Member Posts: 2

Let's be honest, this game is a generic overhyped MMO with overrated PvP and PVE.

The game lacks an incentive to do anything, and the community is dead silent in game.

Leveling in the game is dull, run here do a heart quest or find a vista point! Rinse repeat for the whole entire game.

SPvP offers only 1 game mode type and around 3 maps, WvWvW is a worser and much more zergier version of what Warhammer pulled off.

Just because you can dash in this game doesn't make the combat deep or complex, the combat appeals to casual players as it's simple.

All my friends (IRL) and guildies who were hyped for this game don't even play it anymore, saying it got boring. I agree with them, GW2 is pretty much like most consoles games that ride on hype and get boring after a week or two.

Only ones loving this are people who have nothing better do and don't mind doing pointless things like repetitive quest over and over for long periods of time.

For everyone else there are much more fun and better alternatives than this.

If this game was $15 a month, it'd be dead already.

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

The process of dying is already underway by look at the Xfire line graph continually dipping.

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Perhaps, but the argument could be easily made that if they were making a P2P game, they would have made completely DIFFERENT design decisions.

If that were the case, then maybe they wouldn't have attracted the Dev's they did.  If that was the case, those dev's wouid be working elsewhere.  If that were the case, maybe they would have been bought up by Bioware/EA.... oh the possibilities..

Oh wait... but since it is B2P, it isn't dead yet.  Moot point.

Thanks for joining the forum to make your first post a bash post.  Sets up your time here nicely.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Maybe, maybe not

Next

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Blackstar347Blackstar347 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    But it's not /thread
  • Instant9xInstant9x Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Perhaps, but the argument could be easily made that if they were making a P2P game, they would have made completely DIFFERENT design decisions.

If that were the case, then maybe they wouldn't have attracted the Dev's they did.  If that was the case, those dev's wouid be working elsewhere.  If that were the case, maybe they would have been bought up by Bioware/EA.... oh the possibilities..

Oh wait... but since it is B2P, it isn't dead yet.  Moot point.

Thanks for joining the forum to make your first post a bash post.  Sets up your time here nicely.

It is dying

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

sorry, couldn't get past the word worser in the original post.

End of thread right there, plus brand new account posting flame.  Nothing really to see here, except grammar-nazi bait

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

1)  I don't nor have I ever used Xfire for the multiple flaws inherent in the system.

2)  If I WERE to use Xfire, I would assume that with multiple named releases, people are playing other games intermixed with this one.  Since you B2P, you're not paying monthly, therefore are more likely to make this game be a filler.  Unlike say ToR or WoW where people subbed, played, and left/unsubbed not to pay again.

Moving on.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Instant9x

Originally posted by Ikeda
    Perhaps, but the argument could be easily made that if they were making a P2P game, they would have made completely DIFFERENT design decisions. If that were the case, then maybe they wouldn't have attracted the Dev's they did.  If that was the case, those dev's wouid be working elsewhere.  If that were the case, maybe they would have been bought up by Bioware/EA.... oh the possibilities..   Oh wait... but since it is B2P, it isn't dead yet.  Moot point.   Thanks for joining the forum to make your first post a bash post.  Sets up your time here nicely.

It is dying

Let me ask a different question: do you yourself WISH it to die?

Is that why you created an(other?) account, that you dislike the game that much that you wouldn't be happier than to see the game die?
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    sorry bro game is not dying. you're post is so falso on so many levels. sucks that you didnt enjoy the game, why can't you just move on with your life?

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

This discussion has been closed.