Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting irritated... 12/24 servers full on sunday morning???

124»

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by zephermarkus
    The funny thing is nobody has pointed out that WOW has triple the amount of servers also when everyone in the world has to play on 24 servers they tend to fill quick when they only hold about 5000 people not including the overflow. Also In the Mop zones they are overly crowed so much so they had to up the spawn rates in a hot fix. Wo servers hold up to 15000 when full again triple the amount a anet server holds goodbye point proven.

5000 IIRC was the server cap at release. I do believe those servers were upgraded to about 10k per server now. Also there is not just 24 servers for the whole world to play on. Did you do your research on this post in the land of make believe? Nothing like not knowing the subject you try to post about.

So the only point you have proven is your ability to use made up numbers that are not fact. Yes you have proven a point.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

So much for the mass exodus MoP was supposed to cause.

Originally posted by Purutzil
    Its quite busy with all those bots teleporting around going crazy. XD

I've been seeing these, I recorded a couple clips of them doing it, it's a third party hack that allows them to move to spawn spots without needing to physically move the character, stand there and watch them for 5 minutes, you'll see the exact same pattern over and over.

And I report them every day...   And one of these days, ANets going to put a little detection routine in their program and when the bot starts up, say hello to Grenth:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fFYug8nXcM

Originally posted by syntax42
    I laugh when I see threads like these.  People forget that others outside of the U.S. play games too.  Yes, the Europeans have their own server but that still leaves four other continents with people who play on the U.S. servers.  If it is 9 AM on the east coast of the U.S., that means it is 10 PM in Japan, and earlier in China and the rest of Asia.  Guess where most of the botters and gold farmers play from?

Do you think they're AWAKE?    They even bot the selling of drops.   I've watched them do it in Glendarren fields.   They sell to the kid with the dog who sells you apples.

Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.

Saw players refer a program called Xfire that said a whole number of 10!! players are still playing gw2 while there were 10 gazillion players playing WOW:MOP atm!

Xfire numbers should be taken for a grain of salt.

Just like demographics are not always a good way to represent a person, Xfire is only a small sample of a certain type of gamer.  The only conclusion you can draw from low Xfire numbers is that the Xfire program does not appeal to most people who enjoy games like GW2, but it does appeal to people who like WoW.

And that is just wishful thinking.  

Originally posted by Amjoco

Judges Intervention and Flashing Blade

I'm not understanding your problem with me not seeing any. /shrug

My main is a guardian.   That's not JI and they're not equipping long-swords or weapon swapping.   JI is a LEAP you can follow with your eyes.

These bots TELEPORT, not leap, from spawn-point to spawn point.   They typically grind easier-to-kill mobs like fireflies in areas where DE's that might give them aggro issues don't spawn. 

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Originally posted by zephermarkus
    The funny thing is nobody has pointed out that WOW has triple the amount of servers also when everyone in the world has to play on 24 servers they tend to fill quick when they only hold about 5000 people not including the overflow. Also In the Mop zones they are overly crowed so much so they had to up the spawn rates in a hot fix. Wo servers hold up to 15000 when full again triple the amount a anet server holds goodbye point proven.

5000 IIRC was the server cap at release. I do believe those servers were upgraded to about 10k per server now. Also there is not just 24 servers for the whole world to play on. Did you do your research on this post in the land of make believe? Nothing like not knowing the subject you try to post about.

So the only point you have proven is your ability to use made up numbers that are not fact. Yes you have proven a point.

I think it must be 10-12k max players per server, indeed. At the time when they reported 400k concurrent players, there were something like 40-45ish servers. That'd mean about 10k avg per server. Logic says that not all servers will have the exact amount of players, some will have more, some less. So I think 11-12k as concurrent player cap per server should be a safe bet.

As for the impact of MoP, I think that a number of people have gone to play MoP, just as a number have started playing GW2 less or stopped playing for various reasons. How many exactly remains a guess.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by MosesZD

My main is a guardian.   That's not JI and they're not equipping long-swords or weapon swapping.   JI is a LEAP you can follow with your eyes.

These bots TELEPORT, not leap, from spawn-point to spawn point.   They typically grind easier-to-kill mobs like fireflies in areas where DE's that might give them aggro issues don't spawn. 

Ya, my main is guardian also. I was just trying to point out to him guardians do have teleportation. I hadn't seen what he had, so I was just confirming that they do have teleportation. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by MosesZD

Ya, my main is guardian also. I was just trying to point out to him guardians do have teleportation. I hadn't seen what he had, so I was just confirming that they do have teleportation. :)

flashing blade is a teleport. my main is also a guardian so i guess when i saw bots do it i didnt think much of it i just assumed they were using flashing blade. but yeah i'm sure that the teleport hack other people are talking about is actually real and not just flashing blade.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.

Saw players refer a program called Xfire that said a whole number of 10!! players are still playing gw2 while there were 10 gazillion players playing WOW:MOP atm!

Xfire numbers should be taken for a grain of salt.

What a grain of salt might look like

• risenbonesrisenbones Member Posts: 194

Just thought I would say something about x-fire.

It tracks how many hours people play if they have it installed on their system.  The data is collated and they put it together in pretty graph form so people can look at lines going in a general downward direction from left to right.  Generally speaking you can't really use it to determine player numbers or such like but more general trends in how much people who have x-fire installed on their systems play it.  Right now what x-fire is telling us is that like every Game when it was released lots of people played lots of hours followed by a downward trend that usually starts a couple of days after.

Why this is so well the obvious is some people don't like the game and stop playing all together.  After a couple of days you need a Doctors slip to explain your absence from school/work and so those who used a sickday or two have less time in a day to play the game so they drop hours.  Some people used vacation time and so after a week they also run out of hours in a day and so they too play the game less.  After about a month the numbers settle down into a rythem where the drop offs are pretty much all people who stop playing because the game is not for them hopefully from the publishers stand point these people are replaced by people who just picked the game up because like to let a game mature for a month or two before they play it.  This is pretty much the trend for all games and sofar GW2 appears to be behaving as normal.  It's also why x-fire shouldn't be used to either crow about success of a game or doomsay about how a game is bleeding players and thus failing especially within the first month of release.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

There is nothing more dangerous than a true believer.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by TeknoBug
    Here's a quote I saw from the GW2 official forum:
    The full servers are locked to new people. GW2 doesn’t go by how many people are on, but the amount of people that has their home server set to that given server.

If the above quote is true, then there will be a problem for new players.

Saying the server load is based on how many accounts are on that server is silly, if that's true then players that aren't even online would be taking up a slot, not true because the server status changes throughout the day.

Lastly, why would Anet do this to "pretty" up their state of the game? They want more players right, then they would need to let more players on.

I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Personally, I think they have locked the servers. But that's just my opinion. But the reason is simple.

If they unlock the servers there will be a mass migration from the losing PVP servers to the winning ones. It will perpetuate the situation, and the servers will be out of balance. Some servers will be desolate while others won't even have breathing room. PVP queues will be hrs long on the winning servers and nothing on the losing servers. Basically, it will be a mess. It makes sense to keep the servers locked down during this period of free transfers.

I'm on Yak's Bend, it's not "full" and there are people transferring from/to there because of WvW. Therefore it's NOT locked.