Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whata ur plans for dfuw

Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107
By this I mean , when the game goes live and u log in for the ffirst time and see the bindstone glowing in the distance...... what is ur goals ? Do u plan to start grinding right away to be the first crank1( only df players will understand ) , go looking for chaos chests to get a deed to lay claim to the very limited housing plots, or simply PvP right from the get go.

I plan to log in and start looking to see if houses are the same as df. If so I want to get a spot asap even if I spend the first 3 weeks roaming looking for chaos chests lol. I know the advantages of houses and know the limited amount....so this will be my goal.

Any ways just wondering ... ( and this is more directed at vets from df )

Comments

• king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43
    Herb gathering, get dem mounts. After I get a few mounts I'm heading towards a chaos city.
  • Lord_GriffonLord_Griffon Member Posts: 5
    The first thing I'm going to do is cry at how amazing the new lighting works.
  • Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107

just wondering , whats ur names from DF 1

i was /am wizzy wizzkers

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    To keep playing Planetside 2 instead is what my plans are for DF UW.  With AV track record, it's going to be amusing to watch the drama that will unfold by those who think AV have somehow turned a new leaf.   It looks like they're going about things the same way they did  with DF1.0.  Live game on Nov 20th, yet there's  no sign of a  big closed beta with current or past  DF1.0 players. If there was there's no way it wouldn't be leaked by now. Tasos body language in that DF UW  video is well dodgy too.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I will try to find people from my old clan " the argonauts" ....  i had real fun with many of them ;)
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by IAmMMO
    To keep playing Planetside 2 instead is what my plans are for DF UW.  With AV track record, it's going to be amusing to watch the drama that will unfold by those who think AV have somehow turned a new leaf.   It looks like they're going about things the same way they did  with DF1.0.  Live game on Nov 20th, yet there's  no sign of a  big closed beta with current or past  DF1.0 players. If there was there's no way it wouldn't be leaked by now. Tasos body language in that DF UW  video is well dodgy too.

and negatism is whats wrong with this world : /

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

My first plans for df:uw is going to be find a small clan that has the same goals as myself, then work together to get a guild city started.  Then together as a guild we will fight to survive, possibly make an alliance and then live and see where the wind blows us.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

On logging in my aim is to not get killed and then kill someone else.

Seriously though I will spend some time familiarizing myself with the UI and setting up keybinds. Then I will look to get out of the starter area asap.

Once I've developed the character enough I'll switch to roaming and getting involved with a clan for major scale pew pew.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

1.) Cry with joy, playing with the new UI and selecting my class

2.) Kill a few goblins until I get enough gold for a rank20/30 weapon, a few basic staffs and the taming skill/whistle

3.) Hit bushes for steedgrass

4.) Head to a chaos city and find a small - medium PvP based clan who is living out of there

• king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Greymoor

2.) Kill a few goblins until I get enough gold for a rank20/30 weapon, a few basic staffs and the taming skill/whistle

4.) Head to a chaos city and find a small - medium PvP based clan who is living out of there

Center map or sub continent chaos city?

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    will probably rally up with my clan and find a suitable city and build it, along with getting resources and becoming familiar with the new stuff and developing my character
  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Checking out the local real estate mostly.

Gotta find where I want to hang my hat, and a hammy close to an NPC city and decent spawns seems like a good start

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by king0fmars
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Center map or sub continent chaos city?

So hard to say, Yssam would be good as wildtribes would be manageable duo maybe trio??

Niffl because of the Chaos city placement for PvP, not ruby because of the Chaos city placement and not cairn due to the mob difficulty. Maybe they've moved the chaos cities though. *Shrug*

Middle could be a solid option would be plenty to do in a decent distance.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Run around with my friends and kill everything we see especially players! I would love to find a deed to a house as well. Multitasking at best hah. Can't wait. I also like to think this game won't be delayed why else announce it 2 months before it comes out? They probably have everything pretty much how they want it. The only thing is I won't be around on launch day because I am going to Florida for Thanksgiving lol.
  • hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    i will buy a spare mouse and a slave to train for me if macros become ilegal. 
  • FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78

When our Longships reach the shores of Agon DanesLaw plan to work towards getting a holding to base ourselves out of and then start raiding and pillaging. Once we have enough warriors geared up we will start our long term plans of doing mercenary work and expanding through force of arms and clever manipulation of the political landscape.

From the start though we will be having fun as only Vikings can!

• VerticalSumVerticalSum Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Enjoy every bit of those first months.... they're the most fun you'll have in the game.

Bring it.

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Head to a sub continent to explore and make home in a chaos city out there until someone decides to take over the island. Then I'll probably join whatever zerg that is :P

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

1) Find a clan to join that I like and that likes me.

2) Go to where that clan is located.

3) Begin farming for materials for the clan and skill ups

4) Take a city for ourselves.

5) Explore the new world.

• LesrachLesrach Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

Darkfall was supposed to be the biggest vaporware of its time, yet they finally launched. Launched a game that gave me the biggest adrenaline rushes and open world experiences in any MMO/RPG till this day.

True, they failed to deliver so many patch/content deadlines that no-one is holding breath when they try to convince "Somethings Coming".

Then again I played DF1.0 for over 18 months intensively many hours a day. Yes I'm waiting for the 2.0 launch. What a beautifull mess of chaos and order in Agon it will be!

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

As of right now I want to do as I did similar to the first launch.

I always enjoy playing a melee dps or tank class, so I will definitely choose a role for that.  I will probably play the mahirim again.  My favorite part about DF besides the clan wars was the grind... unfortunately many did not like this, however I feel the worst part was that many were able to exploit and had a huge advantage.  The other downfall was 1 server where GMS also played on, and could assist their actual players clans etc... that was what lead me to actually quitting.

I would like to start the grind right away and look for a clan.  I hope to do similar to the firs and join a small clan that works with larger clans, and act as guerrilla warfare clan.. attacking to distract or take attention of real targets, or to just pick stragglers off 1 by 1.

This time around I want to be way more aggressive.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Murdus

1) Find a clan to join that I like and that likes me.

2) Go to where that clan is located.

3) Begin farming for materials for the clan and skill ups

4) Take a city for ourselves.

5) Explore the new world.

Had so much fun doing this.

I remember my clans alliance had plans to take alarge city up high on a mountain by water.  So everybody chipped in for hours supplying the mercs (as payment) to build the ship first and just obliterate the enemy.  It was very fun especially seeing everything we farmed for go to good use.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Pretty much nothing on the current map will be the same, not even sure how they will implement houses this time tbh.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Wizlock23

i was /am wizzy wizzkers

Sir Balin

NA

Incognito SG

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by afhn2110
    Originally posted by Wizlock23

i was /am wizzy wizzkers

Sir Balin

NA

Incognito SG

Yes , i know who u are :)  

cant wait to see all the old names again .. been a LONG time since i had been active in DF .