Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting irritated... 12/24 servers full on sunday morning???

Comments

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Darkmoth
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Judges Intervention and Flashing Blade

I'm not understanding your problem with me not seeing any. /shrug

Fair enough, although these teleports were much, much farther than a 1200 range, and nearly back-to-back. However, I'd have to time it/measure it to be sure.

And I don't have a problem with you personally not seeing any bots (although they are hard to miss), I have a problem with the widespread apathy of the playerbase towards botting. You didn't just say "I haven't seen any", you implied it was an overblown issue ("Not as nefarious as the haters want you to think"). There's scads of evidence on how widespread it is, and the fact that I was able to find botters at a moment's notice should concern anyone.

botting is an issue in all MMOs obviously more in some than others.. but if it was the game breaking widespread issue you are making it out to be I'd figure someone in game, one of my guildmates, anyone I have run into so far would of mentioned or talked aboujt it.. again obviously botting is going on but i have yet to see it as a major issue that is effecting peoples gameplay.

Wait until you hit Orr, and then please come back and tell me the bots are not a problem for anyone.

Or come on over to Tarnished Coast or Fort Aspenwood server, then head to Orr, and just head over to the Plix DE chain event, or the 2 DEs in the waypoints under that. Stand around and watch them, then when the DE is over, watch the ranger/guardian bots magically disappear only to reappear across the river at the broken DE event with infinite mob spawns.

Hopefully by the time u guys are in the zones, Anet wouldve swung the banhammer.

Back on topic: WvW queues are still long, Im having fun in gw2. I don't get all this doom&gloom. I only wish the guesting feature was available as promised. I would like to play with my friends on diff servers since it is difficult to transfer over when there server is almost always full.

[mod edit]

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Nevulus

I have never seen the drug called Meth, I do not know anyone that has been affected by it in anyway, yet I don't go around pretending it isnt a taint in our society and not a problem.

I like that analogy! +1

I too hope by the time I hit 80 Anet has swung the banhammer hard and patched whatever code is allowing such botting and/or exploits to occur.

Report every time you see them. Enforcement starts with us!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by bcbully

Fair enough, although these teleports were much, much farther than a 1200 range, and nearly back-to-back. However, I'd have to time it/measure it to be sure.

And I don't have a problem with you personally not seeing any bots (although they are hard to miss), I have a problem with the widespread apathy of the playerbase towards botting. You didn't just say "I haven't seen any", you implied it was an overblown issue ("Not as nefarious as the haters want you to think"). There's scads of evidence on how widespread it is, and the fact that I was able to find botters at a moment's notice should concern anyone.

botting is an issue in all MMOs obviously more in some than others.. but if it was the game breaking widespread issue you are making it out to be I'd figure someone in game, one of my guildmates, anyone I have run into so far would of mentioned or talked aboujt it.. again obviously botting is going on but i have yet to see it as a major issue that is effecting peoples gameplay.

There is a thread in this forum talking about there are so many that they can't tag a mobs during events because the bots are instanuking them.

I just don't know if Jade Quarry is not that bad or something, because I have only run into bots twice in all of my play experience.....

I hear you kuppa a couple few weeks ago I saw a couple, but nothing like what is being shown now. I actually logged in the other night to go look at the level 70+ zones where I heard it was the worst. I died on my swim (yes swim) to orr with no waypoints found on the way... That was the end of my journey for eye witness proof...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Judges Intervention and Flashing Blade I'm not understanding your problem with me not seeing any. /shrug

Wait until you hit Orr, and then please come back and tell me the bots are not a problem for anyone.

Or come on over to Tarnished Coast or Fort Aspenwood server, then head to Orr, and just head over to the Plix DE chain event, or the 2 DEs in the waypoints under that. Stand around and watch them, then when the DE is over, watch the ranger/guardian bots magically disappear only to reappear across the river at the broken DE event with infinite mob spawns.

Hopefully by the time u guys are in the zones, Anet wouldve swung the banhammer.

Back on topic: WvW queues are still long, Im having fun in gw2. I don't get all this doom&gloom. I only wish the guesting feature was available as promised. I would like to play with my friends on diff servers since it is difficult to transfer over when there server is almost always full.

P.S. I have never seen the drug called Meth, I do not know anyone that has been affected by it in anyway, yet I don't go around pretending it isnt a taint in our society and not a problem. I guess that's the point the poster above has with some of these blind fanboy responses.

like I said not only have I not seen one but have yet to see anyone talk or complain about the issue in any zone I have been in.. again obviously they are out there and cause issues my point is they aren't as widespread as people are making them out to be...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Has anyone considered the possibility that servers being listed as full has absolutely nothing to do with actual populations and has everything to do with relative populations?

Maybe ANET wants to balance out PVP queues and so they are keeping servers such as JQ closed until other servers like Davona's Rest are equalized in stable populations.

Anyway, I seriously doubt Botting is the cause of the OP's issue and unless that really is the cause, Thread is wildly off topic.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Kuppa

There is a thread in this forum talking about there are so many that they can't tag a mobs during events because the bots are instanuking them.

I just don't know if Jade Quarry is not that bad or something, because I have only run into bots twice in all of my play experience.....

I hear you kuppa a couple few weeks ago I saw a couple, but nothing like what is being shown now. I actually logged in the other night to go look at the level 70+ zones where I heard it was the worst. I died on my swim (yes swim) to orr with no waypoints found on the way... That was the end of my journey for eye witness proof...

I was going through your post history trying to refresh on what you've said about GW2 1-2 weeks ago, I think I remember you saying you were at end-game and that it was very bland, and lacks a "what do I do now" type feeling. (not exact words, but should cover it) But with 20+ pages of posting 95% on why GW2 is so bad, and why it's failing, I couldn't manage to find what I was looking for.

But I find it odd that you've reached that end-game yet don't have any WP's in Orr or Straights of Devastation. (or really any high-level zone)

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Has anyone considered the possibility that servers being listed as full has absolutely nothing to do with actual populations and has everything to do with relative populations?

Maybe ANET wants to balance out PVP queues and so they are keeping servers such as JQ closed until other servers like Davona's Rest are equalized in stable populations.

Anyway, I seriously doubt Botting is the cause of the OP's issue and unless that really is the cause, Thread is wildly off topic.

That would be interesting, but at this point, any theory on what ANets server listings mean is just that, a theory. 

I think they DO need to do something, all the solo's/small man guilds are going to want to transfer up the ladder to a "winning" team. Honestly blocking them off would be a good idea (IMO ofcourse).

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.

going by these forums it would seem ANET is making the game look full by manipulating server loads to make their game look better or more than half are bots.. at least that's what the cool kids say.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.

going by these forums it would seem ANET is making the game look full by manipulating server loads to make their game look better or more than half are bots.. at least that's what the cool kids say.

I've only seen on "cool kid" state that. What the smart kids are saying is that the sever staus in GW2 has nothing to do with load, but idicates how many accounts are bound to that server. 

I'm still looking for something official like, showing or stating this.

I have proof, a friend of mine and I were trying to get another friend online on our server, he hit the same wall, so we both logged and he was instantly able to log in and create a toon. We logged back in to be placed in overflow. :)

There yeah go!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Servers full?!?!?!  NO!!!!

[Puts fingers in ears and rocks back and forth]

GW2 is a flop

GW2 is a flop

[Weeps a little]

GW2 is a flop

GW2 is a flop...

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Wolvards

Originally posted by GeezerGamer Has anyone considered the possibility that servers being listed as full has absolutely nothing to do with actual populations and has everything to do with relative populations? Maybe ANET wants to balance out PVP queues and so they are keeping servers such as JQ closed until other servers like Davona's Rest are equalized in stable populations. Anyway, I seriously doubt Botting is the cause of the OP's issue and unless that really is the cause, Thread is wildly off topic.
    That would be interesting, but at this point, any theory on what ANets server listings mean is just that, a theory. 

I think they DO need to do something, all the solo's/small man guilds are going to want to transfer up the ladder to a "winning" team. Honestly blocking them off would be a good idea (IMO ofcourse).

I don't think it's a matter of trying to deceive people into thinking they have more population than they really do. Because ultimately, the game is doing what it was intended to do based on being a B2P model.

Those world population scales are being used to guide and direct where players can create or transfer to. That is their only function. I think even ANET would say that logging into the world selection screen to say "See, GW2 is all full!" is silly.

But I do believe that they are manipulating those. But it's not for the reasons stated in this thread. It's to maintain some order within the populations. We all know what would happen if some of the more successful PVP servers opened up again.

EDIT:
    Also, I think it might be worth mentioning that the fact that GW2 has WvW queues, means that ANET had an idea of just how many players would ultimately stick around. It was obviously designed with a particular number of concurrent players in mind. and the fact that we still have queues means that at least that part of the game is meeting ANET's expectations. Unless they planned on queues from the beginning.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    14 full servers on monday afternoon. game is going hella strong. 
  • nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by cyberchip
    GW2 players are apparently non-church going hethens.

We believe in iron, not false gods! (I speak as a Charr no less).

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Wolvards
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer Has anyone considered the possibility that servers being listed as full has absolutely nothing to do with actual populations and has everything to do with relative populations? Maybe ANET wants to balance out PVP queues and so they are keeping servers such as JQ closed until other servers like Davona's Rest are equalized in stable populations. Anyway, I seriously doubt Botting is the cause of the OP's issue and unless that really is the cause, Thread is wildly off topic.

I don't think it's a matter of trying to deceive people into thinking they have more population than they really do. Because ultimately, the game is doing what it was intended to do based on being a B2P model.

Those world population scales are being used to guide and direct where players can create or transfer to. That is their only function. I think even ANET would say that logging into the world selection screen to say "See, GW2 is all full!" is silly.

But I do believe that they are manipulating those. But it's not for the reasons stated in this thread. It's to maintain some order within the populations. We all know what would happen if some of the more successful PVP servers opened up again.

EDIT:
    Also, I think it might be worth mentioning that the fact that GW2 has WvW queues, means that ANET had an idea of just how many players would ultimately stick around. It was obviously designed with a particular number of concurrent players in mind. and the fact that we still have queues means that at least that part of the game is meeting ANET's expectations. Unless they planned on queues from the beginning.

You should almost always encounter WvWvW ques. It is when you do not that you should be worrying about the population.

The WvWvW zone pop limits are really small. In the 300 range per side per WvW zone (if not smaller). On a server your more then likely looking at around 7k to 15k players per server. So you can easily see how you should almost always be encountering a WvWvW que.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Here's a quote I saw from the GW2 official forum:

The full servers are locked to new people. GW2 doesn’t go by how many people are on, but the amount of people that has their home server set to that given server.

If the above quote is true, then there will be a problem for new players.

Saying the server load is based on how many accounts are on that server is silly, if that's true then players that aren't even online would be taking up a slot, not true because the server status changes throughout the day.

Lastly, why would Anet do this to "pretty" up their state of the game? They want more players right, then they would need to let more players on.

Originally posted by TeknoBug
    The full servers are locked to new people. GW2 doesn’t go by how many people are on, but the amount of people that has their home server set to that given server.

Saying the server load is based on how many accounts are on that server is silly, if that's true then players that aren't even online would be taking up a slot, not true because the server status changes throughout the day.

Lastly, why would Anet do this to "pretty" up their state of the game? They want more players right, then they would need to let more players on.

I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Personally, I think they have locked the servers. But that's just my opinion. But the reason is simple.

If they unlock the servers there will be a mass migration from the losing PVP servers to the winning ones. It will perpetuate the situation, and the servers will be out of balance. Some servers will be desolate while others won't even have breathing room. PVP queues will be hrs long on the winning servers and nothing on the losing servers. Basically, it will be a mess. It makes sense to keep the servers locked down during this period of free transfers.

• jimbiojimbio Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    When i got up this morning 10 servers were full(12 high/2 medium) at like 9-10am EST, now its 12 servers full. its annoying because i want to get on my friend's server (which is full at peak hours) so i can quest with them DX!!! i honestly thought i would be able to move around servers more freely when MoP launched. blegh.

had the same problems when i bought the game. couldnt join friends bc the servers were full. i think i was on for almost 24 hours and watching the server population decrease to make a char lol.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

What's hard to understand is your dismissive attitude towards a serious problem, based on zero experience with it.

I'll get back to you when it's a problem for me. In the mean time I'm just enjoying the game. 

I'ts a $60 video game, nothing is a serious problem.

I just now logged into Rall, and went to Kessex Hills near the centaur compound - a known botting spot. There were 5 Guardians:

Rdc Fra
    Mutian
    Yunying
    Hongli
    Lucyerg

All killing fireflies. They were teleporting across the field, and I mean hundreds of feet, in a fairly obvious pattern. I am no expert on Guardians, but I know teleportation isn't in the repertoire. And yet, no one's ever seen a bot, hundreds of hours of playtime, yadda yadda. How do you not notice teleporting Guardians??

This was ten minutes ago, mind you, not days or weeks.

That being said, I shouldn't have singled out your post - it's the general attitude that bothers me.

I play on Anvil Rock and have seen botters in the majority of zones. The common spots seem to be on most if not all servers.

As for Guardians they do have a small teleport when using one handed sword in the main hand.

Originally posted by Eletheryl
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    When i got up this morning 10 servers were full(12 high/2 medium) at like 9-10am EST, now its 12 servers full. its annoying because i want to get on my friend's server (which is full at peak hours) so i can quest with them DX!!! i honestly thought i would be able to move around servers more freely when MoP launched. blegh.

It not real, is pretty much all the bots around the game, like i said before, bots dont sleep. if you log in one of those servers, you´ll find that they are not full of players. 

You will say anything to pretend this game has a bad population. Your new theory is the game is all bots. You sir are not very honest.

I've only seen on "cool kid" state that. What the smart kids are saying is that the sever staus in GW2 has nothing to do with load, but idicates how many accounts are bound to that server. 

I'm still looking for something official like, showing or stating this.

No the smart kids are not saying that the server status is due to accounts bound to that server. You can claim that so you can claim to be part of the smart kids, but that would be untrue.

On Friday we went almost all day with no server at full, yet on Sunday we have 10? And you think the "smart kids", as you called them, are right or understand? Sorry but the group you call the smart kids all seem to be haters of the game. I would not call them smart kids at all. I would call them something less kind.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

After reading the original post all I could think was "aren't people saying that the game is losing people?"

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Sovrath

After reading the original post all I could think was "aren't people saying that the game is losing people?"

yeh it's so horrible and boring. b2p is a big mistake lol. everyone is quitting and going back to pay for wow :P

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

Originally posted by TeknoBug

I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Personally, I think they have locked the servers. But that's just my opinion. But the reason is simple.

If they unlock the servers there will be a mass migration from the losing PVP servers to the winning ones. It will perpetuate the situation, and the servers will be out of balance. Some servers will be desolate while others won't even have breathing room. PVP queues will be hrs long on the winning servers and nothing on the losing servers. Basically, it will be a mess. It makes sense to keep the servers locked down during this period of free transfers.

theyre not locked. servers can change between full and high within minutes. I know this because i periodically switch from server to server because i have friends/guilds on different servers that are frequently full.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by scotty899
    Originally posted by Sovrath

yeh it's so horrible and boring. b2p is a big mistake lol. everyone is quitting and going back to pay for wow :P

All new releases lose folks. If they go anywhere it's not back to WoW. I'm playing it and even with the cross-realm zone system in, it is still fairly sparse on my server.

As far as GW2 goes, I see a lot more people playing on Sanctum of Rall than in WoW. /shrug.

Maybe they are going to other AAA games. it has nothing to do with B2P.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201
    The funny thing is nobody has pointed out that WOW has triple the amount of servers also when everyone in the world has to play on 24 servers they tend to fill quick when they only hold about 5000 people not including the overflow. Also In the Mop zones they are overly crowed so much so they had to up the spawn rates in a hot fix. Wo servers hold up to 15000 when full again triple the amount a anet server holds goodbye point proven.