Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Exodus for MoP... or not?

1789101113»

Comments

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Well, I'm still having fun. I'm on Sanctum of Rall, which is tiny in comparison to other servers. But zones are still populated for the most part. My only gripe is that we don't have enough people to fill all the zones in WvW sometimes, but that's only because people refuse to leave their high ranked servers with 3 hour queues. Nothing I can do on my end.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Originally posted by krakra70
    I never said GW2 isn't a success. It is a success but also a bad game. Just like D3.
     Just because YOU dont like it does not make it a bad game. You seem to be in the minority with that opinion so it seems GW2 is a good game that is not liked by certain types of gamers. Not a big deal, no game appeals to everyone. But your constant posts here hating on it show you have an attachment to the game. Or you just need an intervention.

[mod edit]

Well for starters, you can't be in the minority if you don't like GW2 if they only had 2 million in sales. 2 million is a minority as far as the world is considered, a minority as far as gaming is considered, and a minority as far as MMOs are considered. So let's not start pretending like the majority of people, gamers or MMO gamers like GW2. The only MMO that could possibly argue that it isn't a minority group of players might be WoW, but if you do the math even that may not have a 50% stake in the MMO market. It is ridiculous whenever someone tries to say that the majority of people like a game. Tastes are so varied in gaming that games don't pull in 50% or more of the gaming playerbase, so let's chuck that silly statement out the window and never use it again.

So if people don't like GW2 they only like sh!t games? Really? If people don't like what you like then by definition what they like is crap? That is an intelligent arguement right there.

I highly dislike GW2. I tried it, I tried every aspect of it, and it is an utterly boring game. Is it because I'm bitter or lonely like you say? No, there are games I am enjoying right now and life in general is pretty good. Am I lonely? Well I am married and have plenty of good relationships with other people so nope. I, like a lot of other people, simply do not like GW2.

There is nothing innovative about GW2, despite the fan cheers to the contrary. They took out 99% of all questing and filled the game with the kill/gather tasks that MMO players complain about in every other game. Ohh another heart area where I kill and gather things, can't wait!! There are a couple of explorable dungeons, but a game like this should have 10x the amount of dungeons. It has a couple hidden jumping puzzles, yippie that gets uninteresting fast. There are scripted events... oh wait it is more killing/gathering in the same boring area you are already killing and gathering.

To many of us well adjusted normal people, the game is a borefest. Nice try with the "anyone who doesn't like it has major issues" approach though.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Originally posted by Ryowulf

Originally posted by Stx11

Originally posted by krakra70 new stats for saturday. gw2 at 38.5k, wow at 63.5k.     comparing to last saturday (50.5k) it's a drop of 24%. last week the drop was from 65k to 50.5k (22.3%).
    Stats aren't for Saturday... Sept 28 was Friday. Also you are looking at hours played not Players. Looking at those figures WoW is at 9700 while GW2 is at 8700. I think WoW was at 9600 the day before while GW2 was at ~9000. Hardly the large population shift you seem to be hoping for. On the other hand, GW2 is #3 and #9 on Amazon's Bestsellers (only being beaten by $5 EVE and 40% off Sleeping Dogs) while WoW MoP fell to #6.
    The stats I posted are for saturday the 29th. the amazon bestesellers became irrelevant since digital sales became popular.
    My mistake on the dates X-Fire just updated for me... But I still have to laugh at how your "irrelevant" stats "matter" but others don't... such a silly bitter muppet.
    What if I told you you are the muppet?  Amazon would only be relevant if we knew what percentage of total WoW/GW2 sales came from amazon, or the exact total sales (and tracked them to find out the weekly changes). A simple ranking system without further info is worthless.
    And what about the very small change in Player Numbers? if you are comparing the numbers from thursday to friday you are doing it wrong. Or simply the fact that X-Fire numbers are only valid for X-Fire Users and we know from the X-Fire list that it isn't representative of the "general gaming population" at all? xfire users are a random selection which is statistically relevant if you can "read the numbers". I'm sure both MoP and GW2 are picking up lots of new players, virtually none of which are reflected in X-Fire. why not? are xfire users not allowed to buy games after they release? I don't know why you have such a burning pathalogical hatred of GW2 but this idea that there was any kind of "mass exodus" from the game to MoP is both silly and wrong. I don't. I just think it's a bad MMO and doesn't deserve the hype at all. Its place should be among swtor and tera and it's getting there. Some people have stopped playing and some are playing fewer hours than launch, but then that is true of pretty much any and every game, and from the way things have been trending will be true of MoP very soon as well. Except WoW peaked 5 years after its release, not 8 days.

I know its hard for you and others on this site to accept, but GW2 is a success.  Your opinion that its not a good game is in the minority.  See what you fail to get or refuse to understand is that Tor and Tera were made to be a sub games. Success for them is/was determined by player retention. Now try to follow me on this, GW2's success is based on box sales. When an expansion comes out, if it sells poorly then you might be able to say "the game is failing", but at the moment you are simple wrong.
    I never said GW2 isn't a success. It is a success but also a bad game. Just like D3.
     Just because YOU dont like it does not make it a bad game. You seem to be in the minority with that opinion so it seems GW2 is a good game that is not liked by certain types of gamers. Not a big deal, no game appeals to everyone. But your constant posts here hating on it show you have an attachment to the game. Or you just need an intervention.

[mod edit]

I think you quoted the wrong guy. I like GW2. :)

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122

monday numbers are in.

WoW 54k

GW2 30.5k (all time low and 20% drop from 38k last monday)

The freefall continues. Where will GW2 stabilize?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

monday numbers are in.

WoW 54k

You do realize that using XFire stats as a representation of the population as a whole is like going to a Tea Party rally to conduct a poll about the President and claiming that represents the country as a whole, right? You're polling a fringe element of the community and mistakenly trying to claim that it's a representation of the whole community.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452
    Originally posted by Volkon

You do realize that using XFire stats as a representation of the population as a whole is like going to a Tea Party rally to conduct a poll about the President and claiming that represents the country as a whole, right? You're polling a fringe element of the community and mistakenly trying to claim that it's a representation of the whole community.

It's funny because when GW2 is doing good on xfire, GW2 fans accept xfire statistics as an accurate representation of all the game's players.  As soon as GW2 is shown to have a decline among xfire users, they suddenly say things like you said.

Also, in before someone calls me a WoW fanboy or something.

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Volkon

monday numbers are in.

WoW 54k

The xfire community are random people who use xfire to enhance their gaming experience, not to "vote" for the game they are fanboys of. Which means they are a random selection and that makes xfire statistically accurate. (also the fact that Xfire has been never wrong)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

monday numbers are in.

WoW 54k

Player numbers 9600 vs 8000.

Hmmm, GW2 population is really low compared to WoW population..

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    What is MoP?
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    As noted previously, we've canned XFire threads because they do nothing but stir up negativity and arguments. This has become a de facto XFire thread, and it's locked now for that reason.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.