Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom rehires staff, confirms TSW group investigation missions

KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/01/funcom-rehires-staff-confirms-tsw-puzzle-raids/

It seems they understand that they NEED to advertise the game better. Interestingly enough they did hired some folks back.

Comments

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by Kuppa

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/01/funcom-rehires-staff-confirms-tsw-puzzle-raids/

And seems to understand that they NEED to advertise the game better. Interestingly enough they did hired some folks back.

Sounds good. Thx

Hodor!

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

They brought back 3 people...  

Not to be too negative, but probably the ones that couldn´t find work elsewhere and were willing to come back at reduced pay.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Azrile

Not to be too negative, but probably the ones that couldn´t find work elsewhere and were willing to come back at reduced pay.

I don't know if this is common practice were Funcom is from but in the US almost no person would have waited for that position, they would have definately moved on.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Good news. Joel is a kickass type of guy. It seems he has firmly taken the reins.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    i listen to that podcast and its nice to hear that theyve decided to concentrate on the story elements instead of the end game raider niche..those people are like locust. id be glad to see them move on to something else..as locust do.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

Originally posted by Kenze
    i listen to that podcast and its nice to hear that theyve decided to concentrate on the story elements instead of the end game raider niche..those people are like locust. id be glad to see them move on to something else..as locust do.

Yes, they should also remove pvp all together and focus on what they are good at STORY!

Yes, they should also remove pvp all together and focus on what they are good at STORY!

i agree.

—Lao-Tze

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Cool news, interessted to see what the group investigation missions will work like and how they actually get the whole group to participate.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

i agree.

Me too! I am enjoying the game at the moment. Having a blast!  With the PVE part of the game!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by JeroKane

i agree.

Me too! I am enjoying the game at the moment. Having a blast!  With the PVE part of the game!

whoooa. I strongly disagree!! lol

The ability wheel is a pvpr dream. Just give us something to do with it. Like a pvp server! Yes it would fit if they made it fit, skip that argument. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

i agree.

The ability wheel is a pvpr dream. Just give us something to do with it. Like a pvp server! Yes it would fit if they made it fit, skip that argument. 

the head guy said in the latest podcast interview that it would take so much work to restructure the servers and the game engine that its not gonna happen. They cant even protect us from mobs during cut scenes much less griefer pvpers.

—Lao-Tze

Originally posted by bcbully

i agree.

image I find the pvp will end up being build wars, there is no room for balance with so many abilities. So, if unbalanced build of the week is what you like then I guess this game is your wet dream. If that is case they don't even need to balance armor and stats for players.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Side question. What podcast are we talking about here? The only podcast I know for TSW is the CGN one. Is there another?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

We promise and declare that never, ever, under any circumstances work on less favorable terms, or at a lower salary than what we have now promised each other.

We promise each other that in the deep realization that if we all keep this promise as the employer must meet our requirements!

While it is Norway and not Sweden it still is not US.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

Originally posted by Sevenwind
    Side question. What podcast are we talking about here? The only podcast I know for TSW is the CGN one. Is there another?
    http://oceanicgamer.com/2012/10/flash-point-42-the-secret-world-joel-bylos-interview-special-edition/

—Lao-Tze

Originally posted by Orphes

We promise and declare that never, ever, under any circumstances work on less favorable terms, or at a lower salary than what we have now promised each other.

We promise each other that in the deep realization that if we all keep this promise as the employer must meet our requirements!

While it is Norway and not Sweden it still is not US.

yeah in that podcast the guy said that those laidoff get paid 60% of their salary by the government for 1 year or some such.

—Lao-Tze