Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar (New Ultima announced!)

MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105

It looks like EA has posted up a page to register for the beta for the new Ultima game announced.  Apparently Ultima Forever is a re-make of Ultima 4.  Except this time you can play with friends and the entire game has been re-vamped with HD art.

http://ultimaforever.com/

What do you all think about this?

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Comments

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    I will certainly give it a shot. I know it's nothing like UO, however... if done right maybe they can get enough interest into the genre to boost more subscribers in UO and hopefully a new MMO.
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by MacroPlanet

It looks like EA has posted up a page to register for the beta for the new Ultima game announced.  Apparently Ultima Forever is a re-make of Ultima 4.  Except this time you can play with friends and the entire game has been re-vamped with HD art.

That yet again an old classic is getting corpse raped into a shit browser game instead of a gaming company actually trying to come up with new ideas. Just going to be one more turd in the stagnant cesspool of gaming to me.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105
    Originally posted by Tardcore

It looks like EA has posted up a page to register for the beta for the new Ultima game announced.  Apparently Ultima Forever is a re-make of Ultima 4.  Except this time you can play with friends and the entire game has been re-vamped with HD art. http://ultimaforever.com/ What do you all think about this?

That yet again an old classic is getting corpse raped into a shit browser game instead of a gaming company actually trying to come up with new ideas. Just going to be one more turd in the stagnant cesspool of gaming to me.

I do not have good experiences with browser games either, or with EA games in general. However I am probably going to give it a chance, if it even does come to PC.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

It's shocking how much seeing Bioware / EA scares me away from this. I loved my time in Ultima Online, but back then RPG's were alot more about the role playing and less about.. Well w/e it's about now..

With that said however my fond memories of the original won't let me wish ill-will on this project

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    If EA has anything to do with this game, then I will not. EA is the devil and if you feed them your money, you deserve all the crap they give you.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Yup, because they haven't raped the corpse of the Ultima franchise enough, apparently.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    If EA has anything to do with this game, then I will not. EA is the devil and if you feed them your money, you deserve all the crap they give you.

Well EA owns the IP for all things Ultima now so if anything is ever done with Ultima again EA will be involved at some level. The best we can hope for is that EA figures out that the best thing they could do for one of their games would be to pay the bills but stay out of the kitchen. Yeah right.

That it is targeted for browser doesn't have to be a bad thing. It probably will be, but it doesn't have to be. We will see.

Ultima 4 is a good choice. I really liked 4. But... if they defile my memories of 4 I will be really upset.

All die, so die well.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Hell no I'm not going to touch it.
  • Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Not touching anything close to EA ever again, no matter what it is.

Its clearly never going to be anything close to any of the Ultima world we knew and loved in the past, and due to that id rather treasure the memories than let EA leave another bad one.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

I do not have good experiences with browser games either, or with EA games in general. However I am probably going to give it a chance, if it even does come to PC.

Which is kind of why companies are turning out half arsed dross.

The simple fact of the matter is, for some reason, even though everyone knows deep down it is going to be a massive pile of shite. Many people still buy it anyway. The companies still see a return and they still see a demand and so they keep on turning out absolute garbage.

And so the wheel keeps on turning.

It's hard to ignore an old favourite, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft barge pole.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Will be garbage.  EA destroys everything it touches.

If you are really an Ultima fan, this is what you should read.  http://www.portalarium.com/index.php/ultimate-rpg?id=93

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    I was interested until I saw login to Origin.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    DOOM!!!! EA $$$ DOOM!!!!

• cantjumpcantjump Member UncommonPosts: 27
    is that the same thing as http://uoforever.com/ ??
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

This.

EA loves to shit all over everything. Just change Electronic Arts to "Eat Ass" because that's what their games are now.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Let's see... Ultima 4 in a browser with a cash shop, made by a team that couldn't make a decent MMO with $100 million+ dollars and one of the most kickass IPs on the planet...

I think they're going to crap on Ultima 4 and I'm neither happy nor excited about it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

If memory serves correctly, Ultima 4 was awesome (think 3-7 were all good) so I'll give this one a fair try.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.