Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Buying Mists alone

cheyanecheyane EarthPosts: 3,718Member Rare
I have a US WoW account I just checked thank god not hacked as of yet ...well may be I spoke too soon now. Anyway I checked about buying Mists alone digitally but it will not allow me too. I can either buy Cata alone or buy Cata and Mists together for like 28% off. What if I am not interested to level beyong Warth for now ,so I cannot buy from the site I guess. This is a real bummer cos I'm not sure how far I will play and do not wish to purchase Cata...any suggestions ?
image

Comments

  • PigEyePigEye campbellsville, KYPosts: 78Member
    I believe you have to have every xpak.

    PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

  • AusareAusare adamstown, MDPosts: 850Member
    Believe you can not do mist without Cat because of the levels involved.
  • NadiaNadia Topsham, MainePosts: 11,866Member Uncommon

    i am assuming you want MOP alone - just for the monk class, but thats not possible

     

    3 options are available to you

    1. get someone to Rez Scroll your old acct, so you get Cata for free

    2. upgrade a new starter acct  to MOP for 60.00

    3. dont buy anything and just sub - you will have access to pandas but not monks

     

  • cheyanecheyane EarthPosts: 3,718Member Rare

    Not interested in the monk class. I just want to play in the new zones with my blood elf priest I think I made her during Wrath not very high level may be 30 or so or make another toon priest or druid in Mist area which can be any race right ?

     

    Wait a minute did you just say cata for free if I get a rez scroll ?

    image
  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,512Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Not interested in the monk class. I just want to play in the new zones with my blood elf priest I think I made her during Wrath not very high level may be 30 or so or make another toon priest or druid in Mist area which can be any race right ?   Wait a minute did you just say cata for free if I get a rez scroll ?

    if you need a scroll, tell us now :)  bet you will get like 5... and then have one to chose from :P

     

    (i think email is required to send you a scroll, and you gotta be inactive on that acc for some time)

     

    and yes, you do get cata for free and a lvl 80. prob, you either find someone on your server, or you gotta pay a server transfer next :)

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • cheyanecheyane EarthPosts: 3,718Member Rare
    You mean battlenet email. I think I will only share that with the guild I was in. I go ask them. Oh I did not know. Why would I get 5 scrolls ? I do not understand.
    image
  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,512Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cheyane
    You mean battlenet email. I think I will only share that with the guild I was in. I go ask them. Oh I did not know. Why would I get 5 scrolls ? I do not understand.

    because if you post your mail here, everyone's gonna send you one :)

     

    we want the mount :>

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • NadiaNadia Topsham, MainePosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Thane yes, you do get cata for free and a lvl 80. prob, you either find someone on your server, or you gotta pay a server transfer next :)

    rez scroll comes w a free transfer too

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Scroll_of_Resurrection

  • NadiaNadia Topsham, MainePosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Not interested in the monk class. I just want to play in the new zones with my blood elf priest I think I made her during Wrath not very high level may be 30 or so or make another toon priest or druid in Mist area which can be any race right ?

    i dont think nonpandas can visit the panda starting area

    but someone please correct me if im wrong (thought it was similar to Goblin/Worgen starting area)

     

    regarding the bulk of MOP content, you will need 85 to quest it

     

    finally, everyone has access to all races now -- races are no longer expansion dependent

    you can roll a panda on any acct you have,  even starter accts, and tour the new panda starting area

     

     

  • cheyanecheyane EarthPosts: 3,718Member Rare

    I was just thinking I could actually just resub and play till Cata content with a scroll. Then if I decide to play Mists I can buy it. By then it would be sometime and I could probably get it at a discount on Amazon. Anyway this idea of the scroll is super.Thanks all.

     

    Don't see anyone answering on the guild webpage the US one,been like 2 years. I do not know anyone on the Euro server been like 4 years I think crap I have really let this game slide.

    image
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,809Member Rare
    Originally posted by Nadia
    i am assuming you want MOP alone - just for the monk class, but thats not possible   3 options are available to you 1. get someone to Rez Scroll your old acct, so you get Cata for free 2. upgrade a new starter acct  to MOP for 60.00 3. dont buy anything and just sub - you will have access to pandas but not monks  

    Wow. That could cut into box sales.

  • NadiaNadia Topsham, MainePosts: 11,866Member Uncommon

    people can play pandas w no MOP but they wont be able to visit pandaria

     

    the starting area for pandas is a diferent location, the Wandering Isle and only good for levels 1-10

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaria

     

Sign In or Register to comment.