Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying Mists alone

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
I have a US WoW account I just checked thank god not hacked as of yet ...well may be I spoke too soon now. Anyway I checked about buying Mists alone digitally but it will not allow me too. I can either buy Cata alone or buy Cata and Mists together for like 28% off. What if I am not interested to level beyong Warth for now ,so I cannot buy from the site I guess. This is a real bummer cos I'm not sure how far I will play and do not wish to purchase Cata...any suggestions ?
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    I believe you have to have every xpak.

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Believe you can not do mist without Cat because of the levels involved.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i am assuming you want MOP alone - just for the monk class, but thats not possible

3 options are available to you

1. get someone to Rez Scroll your old acct, so you get Cata for free

2. upgrade a new starter acct  to MOP for 60.00

3. dont buy anything and just sub - you will have access to pandas but not monks

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Not interested in the monk class. I just want to play in the new zones with my blood elf priest I think I made her during Wrath not very high level may be 30 or so or make another toon priest or druid in Mist area which can be any race right ?

Wait a minute did you just say cata for free if I get a rez scroll ?

Chamber of Chains
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by cheyane

Not interested in the monk class. I just want to play in the new zones with my blood elf priest I think I made her during Wrath not very high level may be 30 or so or make another toon priest or druid in Mist area which can be any race right ?

Wait a minute did you just say cata for free if I get a rez scroll ?

if you need a scroll, tell us now :)  bet you will get like 5... and then have one to chose from :P

(i think email is required to send you a scroll, and you gotta be inactive on that acc for some time)

and yes, you do get cata for free and a lvl 80. prob, you either find someone on your server, or you gotta pay a server transfer next :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

You mean battlenet email. I think I will only share that with the guild I was in. I go ask them. Oh I did not know. Why would I get 5 scrolls ? I do not understand.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    You mean battlenet email. I think I will only share that with the guild I was in. I go ask them. Oh I did not know. Why would I get 5 scrolls ? I do not understand.

because if you post your mail here, everyone's gonna send you one :)

we want the mount :>

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane

yes, you do get cata for free and a lvl 80. prob, you either find someone on your server, or you gotta pay a server transfer next :)

rez scroll comes w a free transfer too

http://www.wowwiki.com/Scroll_of_Resurrection

i dont think nonpandas can visit the panda starting area

but someone please correct me if im wrong (thought it was similar to Goblin/Worgen starting area)

regarding the bulk of MOP content, you will need 85 to quest it

finally, everyone has access to all races now -- races are no longer expansion dependent

you can roll a panda on any acct you have,  even starter accts, and tour the new panda starting area

I was just thinking I could actually just resub and play till Cata content with a scroll. Then if I decide to play Mists I can buy it. By then it would be sometime and I could probably get it at a discount on Amazon. Anyway this idea of the scroll is super.Thanks all.

Don't see anyone answering on the guild webpage the US one,been like 2 years. I do not know anyone on the Euro server been like 4 years I think crap I have really let this game slide.

Chamber of Chains
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Nadia

i am assuming you want MOP alone - just for the monk class, but thats not possible

3 options are available to you

1. get someone to Rez Scroll your old acct, so you get Cata for free

2. upgrade a new starter acct  to MOP for 60.00

3. dont buy anything and just sub - you will have access to pandas but not monks

Wow. That could cut into box sales.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

people can play pandas w no MOP but they wont be able to visit pandaria

the starting area for pandas is a diferent location, the Wandering Isle and only good for levels 1-10

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaria