Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn Based MMORPG

ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

Please list some higher quality turn-based mmorpg. 

Ones that are not pay-2-win even  subscription base would be fine. 

The only one I know of is Altanica online which i heard is extremely pay-2-win and fairylan which i refuse to play. 

I know about dofus but I am on the fence about that one. 

I am currently waiting for Taoyuan to release SEA version so I can play it but until then am i out of luck? =/

Comments

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Wakfu

Sandboxy and extremely interesting classes (except that sword guy)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/345/Wakfu.html

Customers service was extremely bad though.

Let's internet

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

yeah i had problems with their customer service before...

Are there any others or is that about it for the turn-based games?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
       You'll probably need to do some research on browser games to find many turn based....There should be a decent selection there though if browser based doesnt bother you.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Er, how is it even possible to have something be turn based and call it an MMO. Do you wait for thousands of other people to have their turns?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Er, how is it even possible to have something be turn based and call it an MMO. Do you wait for thousands of other people to have their turns?

Usually turn-based MMO means that battles are turn-based. Traveling the world is done in real-time. Then you only have to wait for those in same battle with you take their turns, not for everyone.

It's also possible to reduce the wait by having everyone select their action for next turn at the same time, and also by having then everyone act their turn at the same time. But it's done only in some of the games.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

Wakfu and Dofus are good turn-based MMOs with Final Fantasy Tactics -style combat.

Wizard 101 is good turn-based MMO with card-game -style combat. It's meant for kids, but if you can get over it the combat is complex (or will be after you get enough cards to buff/debuff spells).

Pirate 101 is a turn-based MMO currently in closed beta. It's worth checking out once it releases, likely in a couple of months.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

thanks for all the response tried wakfu before and had a horrible experience with their customer service and I will check out pirate when it comes out since wizard seems way too kiddie to me=/.