Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please do not taint your memories

If you are an old WoW player from the Vanilla or BC days and are thinking of getting MoP, please do not.  You will forever taint your good memories of WoW.  It's sickening what this game has become.  Do yourself a favor and pretend that the game you used to play was shut down completely,  just like Tabula Rasa or AC2.  If you have a small child who is interested in playing WoW, you should probably tell them that they are too old for this game and they should play something more mature like Free Realms or Wizardry 101. 

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Im my opinion it was tainted with Lich King and then it was an attempted rebirth with Cataclysm which was poorly executed.

Mist of Pandaria had absolutely zero appeal for me. For me WoW died two expansions back.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

Lousy troll.

I'm 29 and feel this is a far more adult game than it's competitor's, due to it's interactions with other players (PVP, to be exact). Playpen "structured" PVP is insulting to my adult sensibilities, to be honest.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I have been in this game since beta and I am still enjoying it. And I am not a child, imagine that...

I am always amused by people who play these games and hate change yet will piss and moan when things DON'T change...

Who the hell wants to sit around for an hour trying to get a 40-man going? You actually thought THAT was fun?

To each their own.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

OP has his 

on.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I quit shortly after server first H Nef with guild and personal world rankings about 1 1/2 years ago, and became one of the biggest detractors and a very outspoken critic of the direction acti-blizz was taking WoW.  

That being said, Pandaland is pretty cool atm... I'm kinda embarrased to say it >.>

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Has it been 5 days already?

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I'm enjoying the expansion myself Just hit 90 woot
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Slampig

I have been in this game since beta and I am still enjoying it. And I am not a child, imagine that...

I am always amused by people who play these games and hate change yet will piss and moan when things DON'T change...

Who the hell wants to sit around for an hour trying to get a 40-man going? You actually thought THAT was fun?

To each their own.

Actually yes it was fun, 40 people (yeah woman play too) in a raid was the greatest raid experience i ever have. Yeah you need a guild if you didnt want eternity, but after that these raid was a blast. 40 people who nned to know they role (yes at that time role matter) and fight they way to the end. In my guild we spend more then 4 months on Molten core before pass it, can you imagine how pround we was after that? I doubt it unless you have experience something like this.

Has you said to each of their own, you might enjoy instant gratification and easy solo experience.. i do not.

• FurrballsFurrballs Member Posts: 30
    MOP is actually better than I expected, the world is very well done, the zones are way nicer than most of cataclysm. The fat lazy drunken pandas are actually fun, the whole asian theme really does work. Dungeons are good fun so far, questing is fairly decent & I dont really like questing lol. Its still wow with all the expected grinding but imho the best thing going at the moment.
  • kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Ive been playing since vanilla wow and actually like mop. They have some things i really enjoy, I love the look of the new zones and the asian themes. 

The panda are cute but so what, Why is cute a bad thing, Im 39 , My gf loves the pandas and i like the pandaran continent so far, 

People blast wow all the time but mop is actually fun, the talent tree revamp actually works pretty well even though i hated it at first, I even got over the fact they took my totem bar way on my shaman and most of my totems are utility and situational now. 

Wow is still a very fun game and they added some things that my gf loves, im not doing pet battles but my gf and nephew whose 15 love them 

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I have played WoW since Vanilla. I have not liked many of the changes to the game that have "Dumbed it down" so to speak. But those changes were added long before MoP.

If you are going into MoP expecting Vanilla WoW then you'll be dissapointed but it's probably going to be better than Catalysm.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Sorry you dont like it. Personally I think MoP is THE BEST expansion to date for any MMO period. Im happy and I've disliked WoW since BC

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Silok

To each their own.

Actually yes it was fun, 40 people (yeah woman play too) in a raid was the greatest raid experience i ever have. Yeah you need a guild if you didnt want eternity, but after that these raid was a blast. 40 people who nned to know they role (yes at that time role matter) and fight they way to the end. In my guild we spend more then 4 months on Molten core before pass it, can you imagine how pround we was after that? I doubt it unless you have experience something like this.

Has you said to each of their own, you might enjoy instant gratification and easy solo experience.. i do not.

As a player who has a RL I didn't like that "hey, join us but you HAVE to log in 7d/week and be available from 6PM-midnight: miss 2 raids and you get kicked" attitude you would get from a player half your age.......So much addicted players hungry to get their armor pieces to show it off to others....

instant gratification is no fun, but that mentality that was shown with the 40-man raids.......that wasn't it either.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Muke

To each their own.

As a player who has a RL I didn't like that "hey, join us but you HAVE to log in 7d/week and be available from 6PM-midnight: miss 2 raids and you get kicked" attitude you would get from a player half your age.......So much addicted players hungry to get their armor pieces to show it off to others....

instant gratification is no fun, but that mentality that was shown with the 40-man raids.......that wasn't it either.

Any game that is gear based is going to be like that. Fortuneately WoW has a casual gamer's system built in so you can still have fun and not deal with those lil fat kids.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz
    If you are an old WoW player from the Vanilla or BC days and are thinking of getting MoP, please do not.  You will forever taint your good memories of WoW.  It's sickening what this game has become.  Do yourself a favor and pretend that the game you used to play was shut down completely,  just like Tabula Rasa or AC2.  If you have a small child who is interested in playing WoW, you should probably tell them that they are too old for this game and they should play something more mature like Free Realms or Wizardry 101. 

Sounds like you think any change is bad. If you don't like it, just stay away, yes it's that simple. Your poor attempt on insulting the playerbase is extremely immature, and is alone reason enough to not take you seriously.

Personally I think MoP is MUCH better than expected. It's amazing how great the new zones are considering the outdated engine, the quest lines are very enjoyable, and pretty much everything is great. The ONLY thing I dislike so far, is the new talent system.

How good it will be in the long run, remains to be seen. That mainly depends on what the upcoming patches will contain.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

i really think MoP is by far the best exp Blizz has released until now.

zones are way better than ever.

quests are less boring than ever. some of them are really smart and humorous

talent system rocks, compared with the old talent trees.

pet battles are funny. its not for char proggresion. its just for fun and they do it well.

gear system through valor points has changed at last. you can just upgrade your current gear, not purchase new ones. it seperates raiders from casuals. plus its way more diff to obtain epic items.

proffesions are more interesting. not anything revolutionary, but way better than before. cooking rocks !

scenarios are a nice addition

challenge mode dungeons with the ladder is very competitive content and looks really cool

world bosses is a plus

world pvp is back again with the help of cross realms. at least for those who want to pvp-gang etc

all in all i think wow have evolved. imo is the better expansion they ever released and even if its not perfect its way better than anything else in the market right now

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    lol free realms. Well i enjoywith full  pace that expansion and i think it is the best one. Never had wow such amazing graphic and pvp as now. I think you didn't like wow before and you don't like it now :) My advice-Buy and enjoy best mmo on the market. I know it is hard for some people to watch how old mmo like wow exist even today after so many years and new games failed one after another. See ya in Pandaria! 
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

It should never be about tainting memories... it should always be about creating new ones.

There is nothing wrong with MOP infact I think its pretty decent and 100% better than cataclysm.

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

While there might've been a slight chance of me going back for a bit of WoW sometime, that will most certainly not happen now.

My account has been inactive since Cataclysm since my sub expired. A few days ago I recieved a mail from Blizz that my account has been permanently banned because of third party hacks or somesuch stuff.

I politely pointed out that this is no fault of mine since I have not been playing for ages. I said them this more than once.

You know, I didn't want to play now or maybe not in two months or maybe not ever - but I at least wanted to have the ability to do so sometime in the future.

But no.

Blizzard considers the discussion closed, myself banned, all of my characters in which I've put in at least a couple of years of work, great fun and enjoyment - gone.

Well, fuck you Blizzard.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

To each their own.

To be honest, I hope I won't have such an experience ever again. Getting 40 man raids going was already a full days work, let alone finishing the raid. I can imagine that some people miss those days, but organizing all that was pretty tiring for me. I like the current 10 man raids more. Everyone is more important and the whole deal is more intimate, but that's just my opinion.

I haven't seen much of Pandaria yet, seeing that I rolled a Panda Monk (original, I know). What I do enjoy, is the fact that the once dead zones, are populated again bij the CRZ. I read about some problems with that system, but I haven't encountered them myself (except the somewhat long respawn timers on some mobs). Furthermore, the Panda start area was a blast, I like the questing there and the aesthetics. Just beautiful. For a game that's nearly 10 years old, it's still looks pretty good.

On topic though, these "Vanilla/TBC was way better"-threads are getting as old as the original release of the game. Yes, there have been changes, but for the most, they were for the better (I do miss my paladin auras though).

This discussion has been closed.