Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting irritated... 12/24 servers full on sunday morning???

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by syntax42
    I laugh when I see threads like these.  People forget that others outside of the U.S. play games too.  Yes, the Europeans have their own server but that still leaves four other continents with people who play on the U.S. servers.  If it is 9 AM on the east coast of the U.S., that means it is 10 PM in Japan, and earlier in China and the rest of Asia.  Guess where most of the botters and gold farmers play from?

Guild Wars 2 is not yet available in China.

You laugh when you see threads like these. I laugh when people like you just plain provide misinformation.

And I laugh because you think people in China can't get copies to MMOs that aren't regionalized yet... Look, ANET doesn't block server access based on region (thank god because I wouldn't be able to play). 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by xpiher
    I laugh when I see threads like these.  People forget that others outside of the U.S. play games too.  Yes, the Europeans have their own server but that still leaves four other continents with people who play on the U.S. servers.  If it is 9 AM on the east coast of the U.S., that means it is 10 PM in Japan, and earlier in China and the rest of Asia.  Guess where most of the botters and gold farmers play from?

You laugh when you see threads like these. I laugh when people like you just plain provide misinformation.

And I laugh because you think people in China can't get copies to MMOs that aren't regionalized yet... Look, ANET doesn't block server access based on region (thank god because I wouldn't be able to play). 

a lot of people play through vpn's anyway to get around that stuff even if they did region lock.. but since they don't yea it's fair game all around:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by xpiher

Non-legit copies and accounts are not official "players".

Hacked accounts is not necessarily the same as"botters" and "gold farmers".

Also, if you say that people in China will go to such lengths to circumvent regional limitation you are implying that GW2 is actually pretty popular in China? In which case that would also means that has a pretty big population regardless of number of gold farmers or botters. Which both are NOT facts.

GW2 is neither available openly in China nor is it popular in China.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Its quite busy with all those bots teleporting around going crazy. XD

Over 260 hours, 65% map completion in game and still haven't seen one on my server.  I'm sure they are there, it's just not as notorious as haters would like others to think it is.

I'm with you on Rall and have yet to see one as well unless they all hang it in zones I haven't seen yet.. every game has bots though Lineage 2 was by far the worst one I played as far as bots.

After 200+ hours, I have seen 2.  They were annoying, but it's hardly a game-breaking situation.  I reported them, a couple hours later they were gone.  

Overall, I finally feel like I'm seeing the initial signs of the economy stablizing.  I've actually sold a few crafted items lately, and the price of common goods is slowly rising, which is cool.  Rare ingredients are still pretty steep, but I guess that's normal.  

• DarkmothDarkmoth Member Posts: 174

Over 260 hours, 65% map completion in game and still haven't seen one on my server.  I'm sure they are there, it's just not as notorious as haters would like others to think it is.

I do not understand posts like this. You admit you have never seen a bot, yet opine that it's not a problem. This is not some Bigfoot/Loch Ness phenomenon, they are numerous and blatant:

The last one is particularly offensive because those bots are keeping actual players out of the WvWvW queue. Suppose someone took the next step and programmed them to keep supply depleted?

I am baffled at the laissez-faire attitude so many seem to have towards botting. Even on the forums, some guy points out a 20-toon botting operation and the followup posts...mock his video card:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/5v20-BOTS-Then-suddenly-we-crash

Ugh. Botters are the worst sort of exploiters, especially in an enviroment like WvWvW. If people shrug the problem off like it's no big deal, Anet will prioritize it's resources accordingly.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Darkmoth

I do not understand posts like this. You admit you have never seen a bot, yet opine that it's not a problem. This is not some Bigfoot/Loch Ness phenomenon, they are numerous and blatant:

The last one is particularly offensive because those bots are keeping actual players out of the WvWvW queue. Suppose someone took the next step and programmed them to keep supply depleted?

I am baffled at the laissez-faire attitude so many seem to have towards botting. Even on the forums, some guy points out a 20-toon botting operation and the followup posts...mock his video card:

Ugh. Botters are the worst sort of exploiters, especially in an enviroment like WvWvW. If people shrug the problem off like it's no big deal, Anet will prioritize it's resources accordingly.

I'm on a high population server, and they are certainly not numerous.  They're annoying though, and the 2 that I did see since beta really pissed me off.  

I agree with you though, bots in general in MMOs are a real problem and need to be dealt with right away, but it seems like Anet has been banning hundreds of people weekly, so I guess they're trying.  Must be a delicious target for the gold farmers, because they don't have to pay a monthly fee.  If they can survive without being banned, I guess it's pure profit.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I said I hadn't seen any.  They haven't bothered me. Why is that hard to understand?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

I said I hadn't seen any.  They haven't bothered me. Why is that hard to understand?

What's hard to understand is your dismissive attitude towards a serious problem, based on zero experience with it.

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152
    Bots dont sleep, easy like that, atm the game is just full of them servers full 24/7 in this case, is not something good. 

What's hard to understand is your dismissive attitude towards a serious problem, based on zero experience with it.

I'll get back to you when it's a problem for me. In the mean time I'm just enjoying the game. 

I'ts a $60 video game, nothing is a serious problem.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

I'll get back to you when it's a problem for me. In the mean time I'm just enjoying the game. 

I just now logged into Rall, and went to Kessex Hills near the centaur compound - a known botting spot. There were 5 Guardians:

Rdc Fra
    Mutian
    Yunying
    Hongli
    Lucyerg

All killing fireflies. They were teleporting across the field, and I mean hundreds of feet, in a fairly obvious pattern. I am no expert on Guardians, but I know teleportation isn't in the repertoire. And yet, no one's ever seen a bot, hundreds of hours of playtime, yadda yadda. How do you not notice teleporting Guardians??

This was ten minutes ago, mind you, not days or weeks.

That being said, I shouldn't have singled out your post - it's the general attitude that bothers me.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by TeknoBug
    So much for the mass exodus MoP was supposed to cause.Originally posted by Purutzil
    Its quite busy with all those bots teleporting around going crazy. XD
    I've been seeing these, I recorded a couple clips of them doing it, it's a third party hack that allows them to move to spawn spots without needing to physically move the character, stand there and watch them for 5 minutes, you'll see the exact same pattern over and over.

The said third party hack allows for alot more then just moving to spawn spots. They can teleport anywhere they want within the game at any time.

I just now logged into Rall, and went to Kessex Hills near the centaur compound - a known botting spot. There were 5 Guardians:

Rdc Fra
    Mutian
    Yunying
    Hongli
    Lucyerg

All killing fireflies. They were teleporting across the field, and I mean hundreds of feet, in a fairly obvious pattern. I am no expert on Guardians, but I know teleportation isn't in the repertoire. And yet, no one's ever seen a bot, hundreds of hours of playtime, yadda yadda. How do you not notice teleporting Guardians??

This was ten minutes ago, mind you, not days or weeks.

That being said, I shouldn't have singled out your post - it's the general attitude that bothers me.

Judges Intervention and Flashing Blade

I'm not understanding your problem with me not seeing any. /shrug

Fair enough, although these teleports were much, much farther than a 1200 range, and nearly back-to-back. However, I'd have to time it/measure it to be sure.

And I don't have a problem with you personally not seeing any bots (although they are hard to miss), I have a problem with the widespread apathy of the playerbase towards botting. You didn't just say "I haven't seen any", you implied it was an overblown issue ("Not as nefarious as the haters want you to think"). There's scads of evidence on how widespread it is, and the fact that I was able to find botters at a moment's notice should concern anyone.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Eletheryl
    Bots dont sleep, easy like that, atm the game is just full of them servers full 24/7 in this case, is not something good. 

i have 305 hrs logged into the game, a lvl 80 and a lvl 45 character-although botting is a problem it is not as widespread as people make it seem (but they are still there, no doubt about it-i've seen them personally). The number of real players utterly and drastically outnumber the bots that you see. WvW always still have queues, there are always zergs of people at DE's, people running dungeons all day long, healthy populations of real people in all maps and not just high lvl areas, and map chats very active. i will not lie to you, i do see bots every now and then and when i do i RAGE but to be completely honest i have not encountered them as much as i used to about two weeks ago and i play in both low and high lvl areas. its actually very random when you see them- sometimes you dont see them for days and then sometimes you see a lot of them in certain maps. maybe theyre just concentrated mostly in kessex hills and certain areas of orr?

anyway, its really not fair bringing up the bot issue since arenanet is clearly doing all they can to fix exploits, bots and things as soon as they can. nowadays i rarely see anyone spamming lion's arch like i used to several weeks ago.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Fair enough, although these teleports were much, much farther than a 1200 range, and nearly back-to-back. However, I'd have to time it/measure it to be sure.

And I don't have a problem with you personally not seeing any bots (although they are hard to miss), I have a problem with the widespread apathy of the playerbase towards botting. You didn't just say "I haven't seen any", you implied it was an overblown issue ("Not as nefarious as the haters want you to think"). There's scads of evidence on how widespread it is, and the fact that I was able to find botters at a moment's notice should concern anyone.

botting is an issue in all MMOs obviously more in some than others.. but if it was the game breaking widespread issue you are making it out to be I'd figure someone in game, one of my guildmates, anyone I have run into so far would of mentioned or talked aboujt it.. again obviously botting is going on but i have yet to see it as a major issue that is effecting peoples gameplay.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Here's the thing though: It is widespread, and potentially game-breaking. gessekai332 is absolutely right when he says that the number of real players dwarf bots. Percentage-wise, they seem to be a minor nuisance. But the fact that they can be found in clumps of up to 20 means that they are operating with relative impunity - at least for now. The danger in that is that botting, if not stamped out quickly and harshly, can be seen as an easy way to money and XP. It's a moral hazard issue.

The game-breaking part is that these bots can teleport. Despite my possible faceplant on the Guardian bots, there are recorded videos of several classes teleporting. Teleport hacks mean that the client has been compromised AND that the server trusts what the client tells it. The client says "I'm over there!" and the server says "Oh, OK".

That is a significant hole in a WvWvW game, for obvious reasons. DAOC's radar hacks, in comparison, where much milder - but they still warped the game until they were fixed. EQ1's Macroquest was another case where a compromised client changed the game significantly (radar hacks again, you could tell which mobs were "up" from across the world).

Depending on how these bots are doing mob detection, they may already have some sort of radar.

Banning a couple of accounts won't fix the client hack issue, and while that issue exists it compromises the integrity of the game. The bots are just the symptom - an infuriating nuisance - but the problem is real.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFfJ6usuYkY&feature=plcp

That was recorded on the first week of launch, and a month later, that spot is still infested with bots. I've reported bots named "Mdfeww" and "xirca" over and over and over, and a week or two later, they're STILL there!?

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    When i got up this morning 10 servers were full(12 high/2 medium) at like 9-10am EST, now its 12 servers full. its annoying because i want to get on my friend's server (which is full at peak hours) so i can quest with them DX!!! i honestly thought i would be able to move around servers more freely when MoP launched. blegh.

It not real, is pretty much all the bots around the game, like i said before, bots dont sleep. if you log in one of those servers, you´ll find that they are not full of players. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.

going by these forums it would seem ANET is making the game look full by manipulating server loads to make their game look better or more than half are bots.. at least that's what the cool kids say.

I've only seen on "cool kid" state that. What the smart kids are saying is that the sever staus in GW2 has nothing to do with load, but idicates how many accounts are bound to that server. 

I'm still looking for something official like, showing or stating this.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.

going by these forums it would seem ANET is making the game look full by manipulating server loads to make their game look better or more than half are bots.. at least that's what the cool kids say.

Oh yes, you must be right... that why I still have a queue to enter eternal BGs at 00:30 am a monday morning on my server ;-)

nope wrong again WvW is nothing but a zerg fest and no one would still be around doing  that a month after release with no incentive to fight.:P :)

Whoa whoa whoa.

We all know 92.678% of GW2 players are Chinese gold farming zerg bots. Stop lying about this "half are bots" nonsense - we all know it's a lot higher!

In fact, I woke up yesterday and all of a sudden BAM I'm in China playing at an internet cafe using teleport hacks to farm gold. That sure was an interesting phone call to explain to my girlfriend where I was.

;) /grin

Originally posted by bcbully

I've only seen on "cool kid" state that. What the smart kids are saying is that the sever staus in GW2 has nothing to do with load, but idicates how many accounts are bound to that server. 

I'm still looking for something official like, showing or stating this.

That's smart?

If that were the case no server would ever be full - as Anet would never let a server be "full" of potential accounts bound to it.

I'm sorry, but that is the most ridiculous theory I have ever heard.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

botting is an issue in all MMOs obviously more in some than others.. but if it was the game breaking widespread issue you are making it out to be I'd figure someone in game, one of my guildmates, anyone I have run into so far would of mentioned or talked aboujt it.. again obviously botting is going on but i have yet to see it as a major issue that is effecting peoples gameplay.

There is a thread in this forum talking about there are so many that they can't tag a mobs during events because the bots are instanuking them.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

There is a thread in this forum talking about there are so many that they can't tag a mobs during events because the bots are instanuking them.

I found a couple of bots farming an event in Kessex Hills, so I reported them all. Next day when I came back, they were all gone.

Only time I have ever seen botting.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

I just don't know if Jade Quarry is not that bad or something, because I have only run into bots twice in all of my play experience.....