Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fifa 12 vs Fifa 13 on Wii - classy move by EA

fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/09/27/fifa-13-wii-vs-fifa-12-wii-the-shocking-truth/2/

I am only one that thinks if they don't have new game - then they just should release patch / 1$ DLC /  that would update squads for 2013 instead of releasing same game again for full price.

Anyone still surprised why EA gets flak?

Comments

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Its bad yeah, but EA pays a TRUCKLOAD of royalities to FIFA and the teams for allowing them to actualy put the real players, stadiums, and group setups, thier exclusive contract for most if not all sports titles are insanly costly, some like MADDEN and FIFA cost them over 30% of the revenue stream of a full price title, thats why you also allmost never see a major price drop on those games.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

They pay that much because they earn that much and FIFA know it.  Sport games especially FIFA are what basically allowed EA to became this huge corporation and are still amongst top earners and what's even best - FIFA earn ALOT of money every year.

Besides they always can not release instead of releasong EXACTLY SAME game. 

Originally posted by fenistil

They pay that much because they earn that much and FIFA know it.  Sport games especially FIFA are what basically allowed EA to became this huge corporation and are still amongst top earners and what's even best - FIFA earn ALOT of money every year.

FIFA actually makes them release it :P one of the reasons why its still pretty much the only EA Sports title still released for PC.

EA is is doing alot of bad things, but some shit it puts out is not completly their fault.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by DOGMA1138

FIFA actually makes them release it :P one of the reasons why its still pretty much the only EA Sports title still released for PC.

EA is is doing alot of bad things, but some shit it puts out is not completly their fault.

I very much doubt that FIFA can FORCE EA to do anything and I seriusly doubt that FIFA would break contract with EA over not releasing one Fifa one year on one platform.

@Robokapp

I have no intention buying it.  If you're bothered by this topic and my valid concerns and opinions about topic matter - you're free to just not read it.

Originally posted by DOGMA1138

I very much doubt that FIFA can FORCE EA to do anything and I seriusly doubt that FIFA would break contract with EA over not releasing one Fifa one year on one platform.

@Robokapp

I have no intention buying it.  If you're bothered by this topic and my valid concerns and opinions about topic matter - you're free to just not read it.

FIFA it self does not, the exclusivity contract does, if EA does not release a Wii game they will lose the exclusivity for that platform, or even the whole brand since that contract is the only reason the game is still released on the PC even tho it does not sell at all(40K for FIFA 12 in the US...)

The Wii version of FIFA 12 sold around 140K copies in North America and about 400K in europe, the PS3 and 360 versions sold over 10M copies combined.

Considering that the PC, 360, and PS3 are identical and require very little to no development effort to fork and port them from a single source.

EA just most likely decided that they do not want to lose money since Wii game sales plummeted pass couple years all accross the board, and the Wii U is comming out soon enough they decided to do this instead.

As for the price yeah its not worth a full price game, but i dont think any sports title is especially if they are not redesigning the entire game like they do every couple of years, but like with most licensed games they cannot actually lower the price on their own, FIFA or who ever manages the franchise on their behalf has a the say in that.

Just look at the prices of their sports titles, even with FIFA 13 out allready FIFA 12 is still a 30 US game(35 on the Wii).

• jimbiojimbio Member Posts: 11
    well i'm playing the fifa football and fifa manager games since years. and its almost the same every year. there are just too less changes in the games for the price they offer...
    Originally posted by jimbio
    well i'm playing the fifa football and fifa manager games since years. and its almost the same every year. there are just too less changes in the games for the price they offer...

No sure if it is still relevant but for the PC version ages ago(im talking like FIFA 98 and stuff) there used to be 3rd party hacks that just updated the team roosters since all players looked alike any how, not sure how it will work today since for the major teams they 3D scan the player faces and stuff so for new commers you might have to use some one elses face :P