Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a suggestion for what can run on my pc

Hi, i'll just cut to the chase, i need some help finding an MMO that will run on my system. Here's the specs:

CPU - Pentium Dual Core 1.6GHz

Video card - Intel 965 express chipset (eek)

RAM - 1GB

nothing too old, please, im hoping i can play something 3D

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Solitaire, probably.

You can't even run recent versions of Windows on that GPU, let alone Windows and a game at the same time.  If you want to play games, you need a new computer.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

My computer ran Windows XP when it had similar specs.  If you could put a graphics card in it, you might be able to play 2D MMOs like Ultima and Maple Story.  It sounds like you might be using a laptop though.  If that is the case, look for Scorched Earth or similar games to play.  

Consoles and handheld gaming is much cheaper to get started than PC gaming.  However, PC gaming pays off in the long-run if you play MMOs.  The problem with console games is that the vast majority of them are designed to be played for a week then tossed away for a new one.  If you consider the price of a console being $400 when they are new and $60 for games every other week, you could be spending over $1,000 in 5 months or less.  That same $1,000 would get you a decent gaming computer capable of playing many MMOs which can provide months or longer of entertainment.  Everyone is different, so the above may not even apply to you.

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    WorldAlpha the game I'm developing would run on that.  Check link in sig.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com