Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FTL-Faster than light

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

For the people that did buy this a play does it have staying power at all.  I did some research and it seems many people only liked the game for about 3-5 hours, than they said it got old fast. 

It looks like it might be interesting, just not sure if it is something that I am going to want to play for more than an hour or two. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Its agravatiing but it hooks ya. You have to get all the way through to win, if you die you start over.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MinjieMinjie Member Posts: 11

It does get old fast but its still a very enjoyable experience

I cant help but imagine a game like this but multiplayer where each person controls a character on the ship and explores space encountering other hostile/friendly player driven spaceships.. it would definately be interesting, but alot of in game changes would have to be made for this to work.

Ugh getting excited just thinking about it!

• littlextigerlittlextiger Member Posts: 6

I have ben playing over 40 hours and have 4/9 ships. Yes it can get repetitive becasue there are only so many weapons/upgrades/events, but its the dynamic generation that keeps me coming back. Yesterday I started a game on mantic cruiser B and got obliterated on my second jump by a drone ship. As you play you learn tactics and how to use your limited resources to greatest effect. Each ship promotes a different style of play, and each game has interesting memories.

Its not for everyone, but for those that do like the idea of commanding the people in a spaceship as the redshirts die and the engines are blown off, its a gem of a game.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

I'd rate it worth the price. For longevity depends on how much you find yourself wanting to perfect the actual gameplay and ways to win. I think the devs will probably be very successful already, and that could lead to a more story-campaign update I'd guess in good number of months. It would be a great move for them to do this.

As above, mmo-ify = dreamland ;)

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Worth the price, frustrating as hell, which is part of the 'wont hold ya' .. imho
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Perfect game to play on work ;)

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Perfect game to play on work ;)

For shame Lobotomist concider yourself on a time-out.

MAGA
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Ok, let me just take my copy of ftl with me ;)

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Nice little game but I prefer Space Rangers series 
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Nice little game but I prefer Space Rangers series 

I would really like to see a moderen updated Starflight.

MAGA
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Thanks for the input. I am downloading wing commander saga: The Darkest Dawn right now.  I will try that and may try FTL at some other point, probably at the next big steam sale.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin