Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have xfire installed on your computer(Poll)

2»

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

xfire is for noobs i havent used it since sometime around 2005ish i think. along long time ago. and even then it was pretty useless for my gaming.

people love to use the %s off xfire as grounds for game pop. but alot of people can/do leave xfire running 24/7 or even stay logged in a game (selling items in a player shop for example) so it makes the player pop % on xfire pointless

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I don't even understand the need for it,why does anyone have it installed?

You wouldn't need it to find friends ,otherwise what kind of friends are they if you can only locate them on Xfire.

xfire and gamespy before it amongst others were useful tools a long tiem ago but now most of the resons they were useful are incorporated into other services and directly into games themselves.The onyl people stillusing xfire are peopel from back then who have some sort of nostalgic attachment and the friends they force to use it.Most of us moved on and didn't look back.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by chakalaka
    Never have used it, got a lot of stuff through steam and did not want to get hacked through xfire... ><*

Yeah, I'm not in the habit of downloading anything extra on my PC.  I am sick of replacing PC's because of virus crashes so I don't even look to see if there is anything besides the game I use.  Heck, I'm piffed I have to use Pando Media Booster to download my f2p clients.  I'm not about to extend myself further.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

You wouldn't need it to find friends ,otherwise what kind of friends are they if you can only locate them on Xfire.

Not sure what you mean with that last line. Where else should you be able to talk to your friends?

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    I don't want some nerd crap running in the background on my pc.
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    It's like steam buy you can't buy anything right?
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I have used xfire and raptr in the past, yet no longer use either. I didn't see the benefit to having one of those plus steam running in the background while trying to game..

I have to say though, for all the people using xfire statistics to compute some sort of "trend" I think it only fair to add all the social gaming networks together to get a better look at plus and minuses.

Present on both top 10's with positions:

League of Legends (4th Raptr, 1st Xfire)

Guild Wars 2 (3rd Raptr, 5th Xfire)

Borderlands 2 (1st Raptr, 6th Xfire)

World of Warcraft (5th Raptr, 3rd Xfire)

Battlefield 3 (6th Raptr, 8th Xfire)

Minecraft (7th Raptr, 7th Xfire)

I guess the chief differences would be that Raptr includes all gaming systems and Xfire seems to be centered around PC gaming only, but as you can see that even for the PC iterations of the games that the top 10 is very similar.

So while a drop on either by itself may not show much of a balanced "trend" a complete drop on BOTH top 10's (like a substantial drop from say top 5 on both charts into the lower half, say positions 7-10) would present a better picture of how a game is faring to a larger pool of the playerbase..

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Drakynn

xfire and gamespy before it amongst others were useful tools a long tiem ago but now most of the resons they were useful are incorporated into other services and directly into games themselves.The onyl people stillusing xfire are peopel from back then who have some sort of nostalgic attachment and the friends they force to use it.Most of us moved on and didn't look back.

that freak gamespy, i delete it every time i can from all games. too many resources and espionage. bliah!!!

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
         THis poll has been run a few different times....The highest I ever saw was about 30% said yes.....I've never used it and have no real use for it.