Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting irritated... 12/24 servers full on sunday morning???

gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
When i got up this morning 10 servers were full(12 high/2 medium) at like 9-10am EST, now its 12 servers full. its annoying because i want to get on my friend's server (which is full at peak hours) so i can quest with them DX!!! i honestly thought i would be able to move around servers more freely when MoP launched. blegh.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    you may want to check very early in the morning; 9:00am on my server is already at full capacity

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue
    you may want to check very early in the morning; 9:00am on my server is already at full capacity

9am EST!!! its even earlier for the rest of the US.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Its quite busy with all those bots teleporting around going crazy. XD
  • cyberchipcyberchip Member Posts: 7
    GW2 players are apparently non-church going hethens.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Our friend had this issue, we logged out the two of us did and he was suddenly able to create a toon on that server. :) we logged back in with no issues. Funny how that works like that.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

So much for the mass exodus MoP was supposed to cause.

Originally posted by Purutzil
    I've been seeing these, I recorded a couple clips of them doing it, it's a third party hack that allows them to move to spawn spots without needing to physically move the character, stand there and watch them for 5 minutes, you'll see the exact same pattern over and over.

• Originally posted by cyberchip

Maybe they play in church...

I used to sleep during mass while I pretended to pray.  I think I could pull off playing an mmo.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Arenanet should turn this into a new minigame called whack-a-bot.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    You can't be right. All this forum's doom sayers are saying this game is already decaying and near death.

going by these forums it would seem ANET is making the game look full by manipulating server loads to make their game look better or more than half are bots.. at least that's what the cool kids say.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

going by these forums it would seem ANET is making the game look full by manipulating server loads to make their game look better or more than half are bots.. at least that's what the cool kids say.

Oh yes, you must be right... that why I still have a queue to enter eternal BGs at 00:30 am a monday morning on my server ;-)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Oh yes, you must be right... that why I still have a queue to enter eternal BGs at 00:30 am a monday morning on my server ;-)

nope wrong again WvW is nothing but a zerg fest and no one would still be around doing  that a month after release with no incentive to fight.:P :)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Complaining about full servers is... silly /grin. Be happy guys:) It's great that so many people playing this game.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    I laugh when I see threads like these.  People forget that others outside of the U.S. play games too.  Yes, the Europeans have their own server but that still leaves four other continents with people who play on the U.S. servers.  If it is 9 AM on the east coast of the U.S., that means it is 10 PM in Japan, and earlier in China and the rest of Asia.  Guess where most of the botters and gold farmers play from?
  • KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by cyberchip

Damn straight!

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Saw players refer a program called Xfire that said a whole number of 10!! players are still playing gw2 while there were 10 gazillion players playing WOW:MOP atm!

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by Muke

Saw players refer a program called Xfire that said a whole number of 10!! players are still playing gw2 while there were 10 gazillion players playing WOW:MOP atm!

Xfire numbers should be taken for a grain of salt.

Just like demographics are not always a good way to represent a person, Xfire is only a small sample of a certain type of gamer.  The only conclusion you can draw from low Xfire numbers is that the Xfire program does not appeal to most people who enjoy games like GW2, but it does appeal to people who like WoW.

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115

If this near death I would hate to see full health....

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    If you can stand to get up around 4:00am EST (on a weekday) then you should be able to get on any server except Jade Quarry and Henge of Denravi which as far as I can tell have always remained full.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

Originally posted by IfrianMMO
    It´s funny when two of the biggest mmorpg.com´s GW2 fanbois begin to pat each other´s back in succession. Do not get me wrong, i think GW2 is a good game, and in a few threads i even found myself agreeing with you, but with all due respect this is getting ridiculous, especially you,  Aerowyn. I honestly believe that by now, you spent more time defending the game in the boards than actually playing the game,  if we begin counting from back when you started your personal crusade againt the naysayers. We all know this website´s community is "a bit" stubborn and seems to follow two rules : -Everything is WoW´s fault and "insertcurrentexpansionorpatch" will destroy it -Anything someone likes is crap and will fail unless it matches the writer´s personal taste 100% -GW2 cannot succeed because it´s not WoW  and no game will ever match WoW´s success ever in the history of gaming. (Yes, it  contradicts the first one but it´s how they roll" But gee, i can´t open a single thread without you having 1/4 of the posts in it and at times blindly defending it in a borderline extrene fanboy manner. Chill!

show me where I'm blindly defending the game without giving several reasons or giving numerous videos to back up my claims.. again i have said several times GW2 has TONS of issues but overall those issue to me are very small in the overall scheme of things compared to the issues I have had with most of the other recent themepark releases.. just some advice use the block feature on this website save you some of the headaches of listening to people who actually like the game.

No offense but this ain´t worth the time of going thru your post history re-linking a few dozens of posts just for you to end up rebutting it with your own opinion about how those posts do not make you a fanboi, which we both know is what would happen if i actually bothered enough to do it.

I merely stated how it felt everytime i checked this website´s boards, you are welcome not to agree, not that i expected you to ,  and to ignore me / move on.

I keep thinking what i said and i know i am not the only one.

Ciao.

I find myself agreeing with both of your posts, there are a lot of good points in them with good common sense and valid reason. To the defense of some fans though, some of the persistently nonstop negative and always-complaining posters can help polarize a debate and push even a moderate fan of a game to the other extreme of always defending and talking positive about the game they like. Which leads to other posters into only summing up all the negative stuff they can find about a game and posting them in hyperboles, resulting in the constant circle discussions of extremely negative vs extremely positive that we see over and over again on this site :)
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Complaining about full servers is... silly /grin. Be happy guys:) It's great that so many people playing this game.

It's not really a complaint. It's more like an advertisement.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Over 260 hours, 65% map completion in game and still haven't seen one on my server.  I'm sure they are there, it's just not as notorious as haters would like others to think it is.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Over 260 hours, 65% map completion in game and still haven't seen one on my server.  I'm sure they are there, it's just not as notorious as haters would like others to think it is.

I'm with you on Rall and have yet to see one as well unless they all hang it in zones I haven't seen yet.. every game has bots though Lineage 2 was by far the worst one I played as far as bots.

• kluukluu Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by ChrisReitz

If this near death I would hate to see full health....

So the game is in downed state? haha

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by syntax42
    I laugh when I see threads like these.  People forget that others outside of the U.S. play games too.  Yes, the Europeans have their own server but that still leaves four other continents with people who play on the U.S. servers.  If it is 9 AM on the east coast of the U.S., that means it is 10 PM in Japan, and earlier in China and the rest of Asia.  Guess where most of the botters and gold farmers play from?

Guild Wars 2 is not yet available in China.

You laugh when you see threads like these. I laugh when people like you just plain provide misinformation.