Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$24.99 This weekend only!

eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
  If you like intelligent quests and a great story line you will like this game

Comments

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Sorry, but until they implement a significant amount of new content i have done everything this game has to offer.

FC have failed miserably to live up to their content promises, not that anyone actually expected them to achieve their goals, but their failure is pretty significant considering the tiny trickle of content they have managed to produce.

This is compunded by the fact they stated before release they had years of content ready to go....which seems to have been a lie.

If you want a great single player game with horrible pvp and limited, buggy group content but great quests and an interresting beautiful world with awesome lore that most players complete within 1-2 months then TSW is for you.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Sorry, but until they implement a significant amount of new content i have done everything this game has to offer.

FC have failed miserably to live up to their content promises, not that anyone actually expected them to achieve their goals, but their failure is pretty significant considering the tiny trickle of content they have managed to produce.

This is compunded by the fact they stated before release they had years of content ready to go....which seems to have been a lie.

If you want a great single player game with horrible pvp and limited, buggy group content but great quests and an interresting beautiful world with awesome lore that most players complete within 1-2 months then TSW is for you.

Zin when you play a game 6 hours a day 7 days a week you will finish its content quickly, I am a casual player who plays mmo's about 15 hours a week split between TSW and Vanguard. I also plan to read each quest, listen to the voice production and not cheat with google, so for me I plan many months of great play time.  There is a certain segmant of people on this forum who race through the content, space barring the quests and not even bothering to listen or read the lore, and then you hear them crying 2 months later--"until they implement a significant amount of new content I have done everything this game has to offer". 

It really is tough to enjoy a game if you do not let yourself enjoy it

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by eddieg50
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Zin when you play a game 6 hours a day 7 days a week you will finish its content quickly, I am a casual player who plays mmo's about 15 hours a week split between TSW and Vanguard. I also plan to read each quest, listen to the voice production and not cheat with google, so for me I plan many months of great play time.  There is a certain segmant of people on this forum who race through the content, space barring the quests and not even bothering to listen or read the lore, and then you hear them crying 2 months later--"until they implement a significant amount of new content I have done everything this game has to offer". 

It really is tough to enjoy a game if you do not let yourself enjoy it

This. No company can produce enough content fast enough to appease these kind of people.

I am about just to finish up Blue Mountain, so I still have Egypt and Transylvania to go. So I still have months of content left.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I like the way duplicate posts get locked or closed when we have other discussions.  Yet the number of posts pertaining to the recent price drop of this game seems to know no bounds. 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

When you say that as a company your looking at the F2P model for TSW your Life-Time subs along with others are not smileing. Seems pretty simple.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

When you say that as a company your looking at the F2P model for TSW your Life-Time subs along with others are not smileing. Seems pretty simple.

Says you? I have a lifetime sub to LOTRO and the monthly points are enough for me. Remember after the lifetime price pays for itself and you're still getting points that is a deal. 

If Funcom gives lifers a stipend each month if TSW eventually goes F2P I'll be happy.... no I'll be smiling. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Originally posted by fallenlords
    I like the way duplicate posts get locked or closed when we have other discussions.  Yet the number of posts pertaining to the recent price drop of this game seems to know no bounds. 

Well I think as many people as possible shoud know about the price drop, hey we all want to save money

Well I think as many people as possible shoud know about the price drop, hey we all want to save money

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page there is a link called contact us. I'm sure Mike B will answer our resident Funcom grump. :)

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    The price of the subscription in the UK is a lot higher than the average mmo . For that reason I've decided to pass on this offer . The game itself seemed fun in the beta but I'm not paying rip-off momthly fees for it .
    Originally posted by roo67
    The price of the subscription in the UK is a lot higher than the average mmo . For that reason I've decided to pass on this offer . The game itself seemed fun in the beta but I'm not paying rip-off momthly fees for it .

I feel for you, it sucks that it is higher, however if you find a game to be fun than you dont mind so much the monthly fees. The worst is when you pay say $60 for a game and find out it is not fun

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Sevenwind
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Says you? I have a lifetime sub to LOTRO and the monthly points are enough for me. Remember after the lifetime price pays for itself and you're still getting points that is a deal. 

If Funcom gives lifers a stipend each month if TSW eventually goes F2P I'll be happy.... no I'll be smiling. 

same here..i have a lifetime with lotro..cost me £75 2-3 yrs ago..i think i got my moneys worth and more..if it goes f2p i say bring it on..i have nothing agaist a f2p model.in the end if it gets more peeps playing and paying sobeit..i will be a happy bunny..$24.99 for this game is a bargain compared to some of the other games that are out.it is well worrth that money and more imo.

Boo Hoo Fallenlords. If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page there is a link called contact us. I'm sure Mike B will answer our resident Funcom grump. :)

I just don't like double standards if the rule is not to have duplicate threads that's the rule.   Didn't know we pick which rules to follow based on the content of the thread.   Indicates a bias in moderation and if there is a bias in moderation that brings into question the whole forum.

Why?  I doubt anybody is going to buy  with the game rumored to go free to play.   On top of which, way to go by alienating your current subscriber base.    Nothing like a half price reduction a few months after launch to make you feel you made the right decision to pre-order or buy at launch.  Sign me up for Funcom next games I want to pre-order now.

Boo Hoo Fallenlords. If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page there is a link called contact us. I'm sure Mike B will answer our resident Funcom grump. :)

I just don't like double standards if the rule is not to have duplicate threads that's the rule.   Didn't know we pick which rules to follow based on the content of the thread.   Indicates a bias in moderation and if there is a bias in moderation that brings into question the whole forum.

I gotcha, but I think you have to report the thread, use "other". I think the mods spend more time in GW2 and SWTOR forums.