Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: September Monthly Update Published

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Age of Conan Monthly Update has been published for September. In it, the team talks a lot about the forthcoming Secrets of the Dragon's Spine content update. The blog lays out the plan to release portions of SotDS in episodic fashion from now through an epic conclusion to the quest line in 2013. The blog also talks about other plans that are in the works as 2012 comes to a close.

The plan is then to continue with a combination of new playable areas (as with Turan and Dragon's Spine) and combine that with revamps and unchained versions of the older areas in order to keep them relevant and interesting as the game continues to mature. We want to try and avoid the situation where there is great, fun, content not being used because the meta-game of progression and expansion has moved on. Therefore we will be working on both areas moving forward, which means a ton of new free game updates coming down the pipeline.

Read the full post on the Age of Conan: Unchained site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

After approx 1 years and half out  and few mmo..i think comeback... any active guild from Québec ???Server???

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    The Game itself is good, The F2P system is one of the worst I have ever seen,  they should try to be more like Fallen Earth
  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

The F2P system is actually pretty good apart from the class limitation.

You're allowed to level up to cap level throught all zones (except of Turan). 

It is the end-game, for which you need to pay, but if you think of committing yourself to play a game even after you hit the level cap,it is reasonable to expect that you will need to pay. If you can't pay for entertainment after spending 100 hours in it already (while reaching level 80), don't blame the game.

REALITY CHECK

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

The fail comes from the ability to BUY gear... I quit (again) when i realized you could buy damn good gear from the store at HUGE prices.  I think a set of gear for a level 20 player was like 20 dollars?

Pay2Win.  Sure, endgame maybe you have to earn some of the gear but the fact that in a PvP game you can buy an advantage over another play out right is epic fail.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    I wouldn't consider AoC a PvP game anymore. It has really been a PvE for years but I do agree that you shouldn't be able to buy gear out of the cash shop. Although the $20 for gear at lvl 20 is a bit off I think it's $10 lol.