Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Borderlands the MMO?

2»

Comments

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Borderlands ranked right up there as one of the worst games I ever played, and I love FPS.  Graphics looked like vomit, voice overs were terrible and annoying.  menu system look and feel was one of the worst, I could just go on and on.  So an MMO? 

Actually it would probably do well since so many people seem to like cheezy. It truely is the trailer trash of FP shooters.

• TommiJyurroTommiJyurro Member Posts: 51
    The part of me that plays FPS's says NOOOOOO!  The part of me that plays mmos says NOOOOOO!!!!  Both sides are immersed in Borderlands 2.  The Group player is happy with co-op.  The solo-er is just happy runnung around wielding a shotgun on one hand and a grenade launcher in the other humming In the Hall of the Mountain King.

Anything new here? Hmmm... Nope. o/

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    firefall? they seem very similar in my opinion.
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    If they have such a ridiculous fps issues as the original one.No thanks
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

Borderlands is the absolute best FPS I've ever played, and I've been playing games for 22 of my 27 years. Here's all they wouldl need to do imo:

1. Detailed Character creator.

2. More zones/open areas.

3. Raids(8man i think would suffice)

4. 3rd person perspective as an option.

5. BTP model with GW2 type cash shop.

6. Melee weapons are a weapon type unto themselves. (To go with creating your own character)

7. At least a total of 6 classes, 8 prefered.

Seriously this might take them about 1years worth of work to achieve if they just used what they have allready from Bl1 and 2... mostly 2.

This game would easily outdo Planetside, Firefall, Tribes, and any other mmofps out there by Far.

I would even pay a modest sub for this game if they included all that I posted above.

Also the loot system seems fine to me, esp if you can kill a boss more then once to make sure you that special weapon/item you wanted. I would NOT want them change the random Diablo style loot drop system at all.. though i wouldnt mind adding a GW2 style shared loot as mentioned in the OP.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    Love borderlands, but not everything needs to be an MMO. Why can't it just be one of the finest coop shooters ever made.

^

This.

Lets not ruin every decent franchise. Especialy one as good as borderlands

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by jdnewell
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    Love borderlands, but not everything needs to be an MMO. Why can't it just be one of the finest coop shooters ever made.

^

This.

Lets not ruin every decent franchise. Especialy one as good as borderlands

I dont think it would be ruined at all as long as the same developer worked on it and they didnt try to do more then they should. SImply making it like GW1 would be sufficient honestly.

If they followed the steps i detailed above, i think it would be an amazing mmo of sorts.

Just because most good IP's get ruined by being turned into mmos, doesnt mean that a game thats allready almost there would be. I think alot of times the developers try to bite off more then they can chew, OR, they simply deviate to much from the original design that made the IP great(ESO?).

Just keep it the same as it is, but add the nessessary features to make it mmo-ish. Simple really.

• DalekThayDalekThay Member Posts: 52

After the complete 'fuck you' Gearbox gave their fans with Aliens: Colonial Marines, I'm not inclined to spend any more money on their products. They're a shit company, run by a lying sack of human garbage. Oh, and they're plagiarists & thieves too. 

In other words, I don't care if they make a Borderlands MMO or not. I won't be buying it.