Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Where did everyone go?

13

Comments

  • MystlynxMystlynx Rochester, MNPosts: 68Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Crafting isn't a grind in gw2 at all, it levels really fast if you use the discovery system.

    Furthermore unlike tsw, wow etc.. crafting in gw2 is shock horror, actually bloody useful. You can craft the top gear in the game.

    Crafting in GW2 is a grind, even with the discovery system.  I was already making things over and over that were unneeded by my character and wasn't even to 75 skill yet.  Total standard mmo grind crafting system all the way.  And the stuff you make in TSW is useful to your character, all the way up through the zones.  I am almost always fitted with weapons or talismans I made myself.

     

    Sure, you can use the stuff you make in GW2, but I don't need 12 sets of pants.  Gotta level the skill though, make more, make more.

  • RandaynRandayn Sellersville, PAPosts: 883Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    There is vertical leveling in tsw. It wasn't planned that way originally, originally it was "a themepark but go on Amy ride you like"

    Then at the last minute they panicked and stuck in weapeon and talisman skills forcing you to do the zones in a linear order.

    Is that why Im wearing QL10 in Egypt?  because it's all vertical?  Tell it to someone who doesn't play the game please

    image
  • RandaynRandayn Sellersville, PAPosts: 883Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mystlynx
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Crafting isn't a grind in gw2 at all, it levels really fast if you use the discovery system.

    Furthermore unlike tsw, wow etc.. crafting in gw2 is shock horror, actually bloody useful. You can craft the top gear in the game.

    Crafting in GW2 is a grind, even with the discovery system.  I was already making things over and over that were unneeded by my character and wasn't even to 75 skill yet.  Total standard mmo grind crafting system all the way.  And the stuff you make in TSW is useful to your character, all the way up through the zones.  I am almost always fitted with weapons or talismans I made myself.

     

    Sure, you can use the stuff you make in GW2, but I don't need 12 sets of pants.  Gotta level the skill though, make more, make more.

    this!

    and TSW endgame doesnt consist of collecting even more mats to build an epic weapon of doom....

    image
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Lol get back to me when you can make 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 or 10.4 gear in tsw.

    At the moment if you want 10.4 you HAVE to grind dungeons, no other option.

    You can get 10.3 by pretending to pvp though.

    In gw2 I have full exotic,half the pieces from WvW, couple from crafting and rest from outdoor pve. Because gw2 let's me play how I like and the gear just cones with it.

    Now I could go for ledgendaries, for a nicer look but no better stats, but yes that is a craft grind or even more so through the dungeons, but I'm not forced to do it like in wow clone games (which I'm afraid tsw is at endgame, if not while leveling), its just there for the people that do like grind.

    Also what do you people do in tsw that have manged to grind out your 10.4 set? Are you just sat waiting for the raid to launch?
  • smh_alotsmh_alot Area 51Posts: 976Member
    Originally posted by Mystlynx

    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Crafting isn't a grind in gw2 at all, it levels really fast if you use the discovery system.

    Furthermore unlike tsw, wow etc.. crafting in gw2 is shock horror, actually bloody useful. You can craft the top gear in the game.

    Crafting in GW2 is a grind, even with the discovery system.  I was already making things over and over that were unneeded by my character and wasn't even to 75 skill yet.  Total standard mmo grind crafting system all the way.  And the stuff you make in TSW is useful to your character, all the way up through the zones.  I am almost always fitted with weapons or talismans I made myself.

     

     

    ? Not my experience but maybe it depends on what you do. I leveled purely on fabricating the required components, and then use it all for discovery that delivered always enough to get me to the next stage. Get yourself about 300 of the base component, either already obtained by your own gathering or else tradepost. Refine it, then use it to make the components, and then go to the discovery tab and see what the options are. If you do some calculations, you'll be able to figure out how many you need of each component to do all the discoveries you like. So, it's not really standard in GW2 if you're doing it smart, although I find TSW's crafting system enjoyable as well.
  • smh_alotsmh_alot Area 51Posts: 976Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

    Also what do you people do in tsw that have manged to grind out your 10.4 set? Are you just sat waiting for the raid to launch?

     

    This is just a silly and unnecessary question. It's the same for every MMO, GW2 included. After the first 200 hours of gameplay, it's PvP and dungeons/raid content that remains as the main part of gameplay content, because repetitive content like that is simply part of the equation after someone has played his first 200 hours in an MMO. Don't make the mistake to think that's different for GW2: you'll have WvW, SPvP, dungeons as main part of the gameplay. Or redoing the PvE content, either via alts or by redoing the DE's in zones you've been in.
  • rivetman13rivetman13 mascoutah, ILPosts: 34Member

    I tried the 3 day free thing. I played for about a day all together. Tried hard to like the game, I have been watching it for a long time now. I did not enjoy the cut scene movies when doing the quests. seemed like they were more often than needed. The game did seem emmersive though, which i did find enjoyable. I wouldnt say it is a bad game or one I wouldnt try in the future, I just didnt enjoy it enough to continue playing it.

    It didnt keep my attention.

    some of the abilities, like the assault rifle ability that is supposed to slow down the enemies I never saw work, ever.

    Maybe I was doing it wrong but hover over the ability, it says slows enemy movement, click it, it hits but doesnt slow them down.

    There were parts I did enjoy, just not enough to continue or pay box prices for. I will most likely play it when it goes f2p as long as its not everquest restrictive lol

  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect CardiffPosts: 1,243Member

    Well, I finally decided to unsubscribe and uninstall, though not for any major reason. I don't hate the game, I don't even dislike it, I think it's a good game.. just, for some reason, I can't seem to be bothered with it. The game is very well designed and some areas are graphically beautiful, but it really needs players in those areas which is it's current major problem. I had the most fun when with other people, as is the case with all MMO's, running dungeons and duoing out in the open.

    As more and more people finish the content, there's less and less people left in the early stages, and the way the game has been designed doesn't really give any motivation for people to go back to them. You could run Kingsmouth for fun, but you'll find the majority of people will rerun the higher level content for faster AP's and SP's. That then leaves a vacuum in the lower levels, making it hard for the new people to progress, causing them to quit in frustration which removes more people from the lower levels and it's just a downward spiral to a dead game.

    It's a shame as I haven't enjoyed an MMO as much since Lord of the Rings Online (before it went F2P), it's a fantastic game, it just needs players to make it worthwhile and fun.

  • YalexyYalexy BerlinPosts: 1,053Member Uncommon

    The empty world of TSW has nothing to do with GW2, so stop this useless discussion.

    The only reason for why TSW is a wasteland with less and less people loggin each day is, that the people have finished all the content TSW offered, or they're fed up with the bugs, lag and whatever.

    Let's face it. Players were gaining XP way too fast, having completed 100% of the skillwheel at the end of the first month.
    Players were starting running nightmares within the first month and after running them for some 50-60 days (without using any "shortcuts") they had a full set of 10.4/10.4.

    Creating alts is not necessary in TSW, so people simply have nothing left to do now, 3 month after release.

    PvP is a joke and people have no interest doing it. Running nightmares is pointless with a full set of 10.4/10.4. Repeating the quests is pointless with 100% skillwheel completed. Farming lairs is pointless, when you've killed each lair-boss once, and we did that some two month back allready.
    The only thing left that's not 100% done allready is farming signets for having all epic signets, allthough there's no point to it, as you can't really farm the signets in a reliable way. I've stopped farming them after I got all my signets in rare quality (blue).

    So yeah, it's quiet simple actually... TSW is lacking content after these first three month.

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by UsualSuspect

    I had the same problem though Egypt and the start of Transylvania, there was just nobody around to do anything with. It just felt so empty, I never saw anyone speaking on the open channels, never saw dungeon group requests, I eventually asked if anyone was out there and had one reply. I guess they nailed that Egypt feel - it was literally like walking alone through a desert.

    You were probably there ahead of the main curve.

    Right now I am finishing up in Blue Mountain, still going back and forth between kingsmouth and savage coast and still see tons of people running around and plenty of groups forming for Polaris each night.

    I had a first peak in Egypt this weekend and saw quite some people there too now.

  • KaspanovaKaspanova LondonPosts: 61Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    There is vertical leveling in tsw. It wasn't planned that way originally, originally it was "a themepark but go on Amy ride you like"

    Then at the last minute they panicked and stuck in weapeon and talisman skills forcing you to do the zones in a linear order.

     

    How long were you on the Funcom Development team for? ....whats that, you wasn't? Oh.

    Don't pull stuff like that out of nowhere, it makes no sense and you look a bit silly.

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,261Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kaspanova
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    There is vertical leveling in tsw. It wasn't planned that way originally, originally it was "a themepark but go on Amy ride you like"

    Then at the last minute they panicked and stuck in weapeon and talisman skills forcing you to do the zones in a linear order.

     

    How long were you on the Funcom Development team for? ....whats that, you wasn't? Oh.

    Don't pull stuff like that out of nowhere, it makes no sense and you look a bit silly.

    No he is correct in the sense that skill points were added. The reason being was that you could be gifted the best gear after leaving creation when there wasn't 

     

    He's wrong in having to go in order though. You can skip zones completely if you want. 

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    I was in cb.

    Skill points were are recent addition
  • halflife25halflife25 Toronto, ONPosts: 737Member

    Where did everyone go?

    Well i am playing GW2 ;)

  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Osaka, ARPosts: 363Member
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Where did everyone go?

    Well i am playing GW2 ;)

    You really have some balls to admit that, so you have my sympathy and respect.  The best thing to get over the embarrassment is telling everyone publically. Look at the bright side and all the "bored by GW2 threads", there is still hope for you. Cheer up.

  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect CardiffPosts: 1,243Member
    Originally posted by JeroKane

    You were probably there ahead of the main curve.

    Right now I am finishing up in Blue Mountain, still going back and forth between kingsmouth and savage coast and still see tons of people running around and plenty of groups forming for Polaris each night.

    I had a first peak in Egypt this weekend and saw quite some people there too now.

    Unfortunately I wasn't, I think I was behind it. I did the first few areas up to Blue Mountain about 3 times, gathering AP's and SP's to get different builds. I had a healer build and had completed Pandemonist before I hit Egypt, took a break for a few weeks, came back, kept playing through Egypt in silence and then on to Transylvania, where I finally gave up due to lack of other players around.

    This is how I looked a few quests into Transylvania - http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Krysti

    I was just starting to work on the Neoshaman deck. Players had just vanished. Travelling through Agartha there was a fair bit of activity, but most other places seemed dead. I even tried going back to Kingsmouth but that only had a few running around too.

  • ConnmacartConnmacart OsloPosts: 681Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Where did everyone go?

    Well i am playing GW2 ;)

    You really have some balls to admit that, so you have my sympathy and respect.  The best thing to get over the embarrassment is telling everyone publically. Look at the bright side and all the "bored by GW2 threads", there is still hope for you. Cheer up.

    There is a reason why you don't see those for TSW, but I'll let you figure that out on your own. It's not that people think it's the most brilliant game ever. Before you give that response.

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by UsualSuspect
    Originally posted by JeroKane

    You were probably there ahead of the main curve.

    Right now I am finishing up in Blue Mountain, still going back and forth between kingsmouth and savage coast and still see tons of people running around and plenty of groups forming for Polaris each night.

    I had a first peak in Egypt this weekend and saw quite some people there too now.

    Unfortunately I wasn't, I think I was behind it. I did the first few areas up to Blue Mountain about 3 times, gathering AP's and SP's to get different builds. I had a healer build and had completed Pandemonist before I hit Egypt, took a break for a few weeks, came back, kept playing through Egypt in silence and then on to Transylvania, where I finally gave up due to lack of other players around.

    This is how I looked a few quests into Transylvania - http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Krysti

    I was just starting to work on the Neoshaman deck. Players had just vanished. Travelling through Agartha there was a fair bit of activity, but most other places seemed dead. I even tried going back to Kingsmouth but that only had a few running around too.

    I find that strange, you must be on a low pop realm then? I am on the main RP realm and there is still lots of activity in even Kingsmouth, Savage Coast, Blue Mountain and in Scorced Desert I just had a quic peek at this weekend.

  • jpnzjpnz SydneyPosts: 3,529Member

    Is any MMO not experiencing some sort of decrease activities right now?

    I mean, we are in the middle of the holiday releases where so much games are coming out that I'm in my local EB Games store every week picking up 2-3 games.

    FIFA13, PES2013, Borderlands 2, Torchlight2, Tekken Tag2, FTL, DOA5, RE6 and Dishonoured (Soon) etc

    It is just relentless and it doesn't stop till Mar 2013 when Bioshock Infinite (I think) comes out.

    Not to mention all the sequels like AssCreed3, NBA2k13, NFS, COD: Make Acti Money,  BF and heck even the WII U (which is just /facepalm but it'll sell millions) etc etc.....

     

    Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

  • ZigZagsZigZags Modesto, CAPosts: 328Member
    Originally posted by Kyleran

    Good news, seems there's a 1/2 price sale for TSW this weekend, could bring an influx of new players soon.

     

    Having to say this within a few months of release is pretty evident that the game is not very good.

    Now: Skyrim
    Later: ?
    Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
    BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect CardiffPosts: 1,243Member
    Originally posted by JeroKane

    I find that strange, you must be on a low pop realm then? I am on the main RP realm and there is still lots of activity in even Kingsmouth, Savage Coast, Blue Mountain and in Scorced Desert I just had a quic peek at this weekend.

    I can't remember what the realm was called now, but it was the second RP realm. I was on the first originally but after restarting a character the server became overloaded and wouldn't let me back on, so I moved to the other server. It was fine while I was playing in Kingsmouth and Savage Coast, I was doing dungeons multiple times a day, but after a small break and coming back into the last few quests of Blue Mountain it was like wandering a ghost town. Egypt was the worst, I've never seen such a quiet area, but it didn't get any better after that.

  • eckardteckardt FaroPosts: 47Member
    There were many people even in starting areas this weekend, it seemed day one
  • DraronDraron A town in, KYPosts: 993Member
    Originally posted by ZigZags

    Having to say this within a few months of release is pretty evident that the game is not very good.

    Not pointing out this post in particular, but it made me think there's some real bias in the MMO industry. I don't want to make it seem like TSW is Democrats and the MMO gamers are Fox News bias, but Rift went $5 several times the first few months after it dropped to $20 in base price. Now you can find it anywhere for $5 or $10, but no one says it's because the game is "not very good".

  • MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member
    Originally posted by UsualSuspect

    Well, I finally decided to unsubscribe and uninstall, though not for any major reason. I don't hate the game, I don't even dislike it, I think it's a good game.. just, for some reason, I can't seem to be bothered with it. The game is very well designed and some areas are graphically beautiful, but it really needs players in those areas which is it's current major problem. I had the most fun when with other people, as is the case with all MMO's, running dungeons and duoing out in the open.

    As more and more people finish the content, there's less and less people left in the early stages, and the way the game has been designed doesn't really give any motivation for people to go back to them. You could run Kingsmouth for fun, but you'll find the majority of people will rerun the higher level content for faster AP's and SP's. That then leaves a vacuum in the lower levels, making it hard for the new people to progress, causing them to quit in frustration which removes more people from the lower levels and it's just a downward spiral to a dead game.

    It's a shame as I haven't enjoyed an MMO as much since Lord of the Rings Online (before it went F2P), it's a fantastic game, it just needs players to make it worthwhile and fun.

    I didn't completely finish the game either, but played most of it including tons of elite and some nightmare runs.  What happened to me was seeing the writing on the wall.  I saw that my future would consist of repetetive dungeon speed runs, which I had already been doing much more than I wanted.  I also saw that the monthly updates weren't going to be big enough to warrant the fee, nor was the game social or hybrid enough in design as it should have been.

    I don't know how anyone could find doing dungeons over and over and over again to be gameplay they enjoy.  I've never understood this about any themepark.

    Now we know the dev team is on life support, which means other than some content updates, what you see is what you get.  Little or no hope for deeper gameplay in the future.

    A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

  • jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 sacramento, CAPosts: 94Member
    Cant expect a game despite all its claims of innovation, to do well, when it is just another wow clone but modern day
Sign In or Register to comment.