Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Will Unholy Wars deliver or not?

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
So as the title states, do you think AV has really heard what the players have been saying, or will we get more fun hulks?

Comments

• king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43
    mad cuz bad? sad?
    -crag
  • Lord_GriffonLord_Griffon Member Posts: 5
    AV put their try hards on for this one. The lack of communication over the last long while was almost certainly due to the time they were putting into Unholy Wars.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Would have preferred a few more options in this poll.
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

People seem to have very short memories about this game and the studio.  Complaints about censorship on their forums were numerous not too long ago.  Complaints about AV doing nothing to stop hackers and botters were also numerous.  Do people forget these things so quickly, or is this game being driven to popularity by the fanboi crowd?

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by syntax42

People seem to have very short memories about this game and the studio.  Complaints about censorship on their forums were numerous not too long ago.  Complaints about AV doing nothing to stop hackers and botters were also numerous.  Do people forget these things so quickly, or is this game being driven to popularity by the fanboi crowd?

Or is it just that those complaints were over exaggerated? Or is it because people are tired of themepark games? Hacking became a non-issue roughly 6months after launch and hackers were quickly banned when it did happen. Exploiting was more tolerated though, and some of the people that were accused of "hacking" were simply using broken code to their advantage. Hell, a lot of people were called hackers for 180 turn jump shoots and bunny hopping. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by syntax42

Or is it just that those complaints were over exaggerated? Or is it because people are tired of themepark games? Hacking became a non-issue roughly 6months after launch and hackers were quickly banned when it did happen. Exploiting was more tolerated though, and some of the people that were accused of "hacking" were simply using broken code to their advantage. Hell, a lot of people were called hackers for 180 turn jump shoots and bunny hopping. 

Its true, I was quite proud of myself when I pulled in my first hackusation. Being called a hacker in darkfall is the best kind of compliment, it means you performed actions your opponent thought was impossible.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

First of all they need to make sure from day one that exploits and hacks are non-existant, as that allways imbalances a game that's all about PvP.

Second, they need to offer more diversified gameplay then what we've seen in DF1. There needs to be more things to do then just harvest ressources and killing each other. It needs some solid PvE-content aswell for those times where there's no war to fight.

And last but not least, they really need to deliver on the territorial warfare idea. It needs to be epic and ironed out, so that people are actually willing to take part and have incentive to fight over territories, even after they've claimed their little patch of the map.

I don't see them deliver on all of these points and they need atleast some 100k satisfied subscribers to keep the game running and buzzing aswell.
    I think DF:UW will be a flop like their first attempt.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94

I belive that the amount of work they put into this will pay off. Much of the core of the game is overhauled meaning that the issues with exploits will be microscopic compared to original DF launch. They said themselves they have learned from mistakes, and that's one of the conditions they made DF UW. So yes i think this will be a far better succes.

People keep speculating about DF UW based on DF 1, and AV said themselves that this cannot be done as it's wrong to compare changes when the the changes are in fact overhauled improved features from DF 1 re-implemented into DF UW.

This thread was made 3-4 months too early. Ask again when the game has been running for some time

Originally posted by Yalexy

First of all they need to make sure from day one that exploits and hacks are non-existant, as that allways imbalances a game that's all about PvP.

Second, they need to offer more diversified gameplay then what we've seen in DF1. There needs to be more things to do then just harvest ressources and killing each other. It needs some solid PvE-content aswell for those times where there's no war to fight.

And last but not least, they really need to deliver on the territorial warfare idea. It needs to be epic and ironed out, so that people are actually willing to take part and have incentive to fight over territories, even after they've claimed their little patch of the map.

I don't see them deliver on all of these points and they need atleast some 100k satisfied subscribers to keep the game running and buzzing aswell.
    I think DF:UW will be a flop like their first attempt.

I think you hit the nail on the head for whats important but I differ in conclusion. AV stepped up over time in dealing with cheaters. This mostly has to do with the fact that they have more than 10 employees like they did at launch. Things like this become a lot easier when you have nearly 50 employees.

Diversified gameplay? Village captures, trade routes, sea towers. The large crowd at launch never experienced many of these features and it also took years for AV to figure out how to balance them, but they finally have, using mostly community feedback.

Territorial warfare is where I am still skeptical. They claim to have implemented a real territory system that link villages with cities and hamlets. Only time will tell if they have figured it out but I am hopeful.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I really, really hope so..