Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard is killing all mmo's

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Who asked for easy ?....5 year olds ?

Blizzard made WoW for 5 year olds, and now we all have to play ALL mmo's at a 5 year old level.....Thanks Blizzard for starting the downfall of your own game and all other mmos for the past three years !!!!!

For the life of me I don't understand why all other developers think they have to follow the path of WoW.  World of Warcraft is living off it's past good name, its still a household name.  This and this alone is whats keeping the game alive.  It's cool to play WoW when your in school.  Infact I'm sure your a nothing if you don't in some schools EVEN IF YOU NINE YEARS OLD.  Other kids would look at you as " the kid that mom can't afford a computer ".

All other developers are following the sinking ship. With easy you don't need community. Without community you have 30 day mmo's.

Comments

• ZneeserZneeser Member UncommonPosts: 22

Seriously, seriously?

It is the players, not the company. They are catering the players...

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I dont disagree with you, but blizzard is solely in it for money right now, and therefore appealing to the majority, in other words casual, generates the highest ammount of that money.
  • DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177
    I didn't realize so many 5-year-olds had credit cards....

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by delete5230

Blizzard made WoW for 5 year olds, and now we all have to play ALL mmo's at a 5 year old level.....Thanks Blizzard for starting the downfall of your own game and all other mmos for the past three years !!!!!

For the life of me I don't understand why all other developers think they have to follow the path of WoW.  World of Warcraft is living off it's past good name, its still a household name.  This and this alone is whats keeping the game alive.  It's cool to play WoW when your in school.  Infact I'm sure your a nothing if you don't in some schools EVEN IF YOU NINE YEARS OLD.  Other kids would look at you as " the kid that mom can't afford a computer ".

All other developers are following the sinking ship. With easy you don't need community. Without community you have 30 day mmo's.

Aren't you guys tired of generalisations and exaggerations? i mean atleast get original with your flames. Every time same bull crap.

And WOW is a sinking ship? must be a very slow sinking because it has been 8 years now. Poor Blizzard.

Sorry but i am going to report this one for troll post.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Drevar
    I didn't realize so many 5-year-olds had credit cards....

Parents? 2:1

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Strange... I did not see any 5 year old at the World of Warcraft Worldwide Championships...
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • darkangel1x2darkangel1x2 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    blizzard killing nothing with his cartoon looklike mmo for kids, so easy that even animals playing it now
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

When the Industry Leaders speak ie: Blizzard, Sony Investors listen pretty simple. They are a Busness.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

yep, one game at a time; keep them coming

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

Blizzards successfully killing one MMO ..... World of Warcraft .

WoW lost a quarter of its playerbase in recent years so its obvious that catering for the casual crowd isn't pleasing everyone . MoP sales look like they may underperform as well so the kind of boost you normally get from WoW expansion is probably going to fail to materialise .

WoW will continue to hemorage subscriptions each year unless Blizzard changes direction .

What you have to remember though is WoW is a starter mmo . Its such an easy unchallenging game now ( a little endgame aside ) that anyone can play it and grasp it ( even if your very young or have a low IQ ) . I have a brother who is in care who has a low IQ  and learning difficulties that plays WoW. He cant read very well but he doesn't really have to in WoW . Also two of my nephews ages 7 and 9 play both of whome can kick my arse in pvp lol .

NB ******* I am not suggesting everyone that plays WoW is very young or has a low IQ . I also know plenty of adults that play it .

These people progress to other games when they get bored with WoW so in a way it helps the mmo genre .

The problem is many new AAA titles think they have to emulate WoW in some way or another .

Even GW2 which is about as far from a WoW clone ( hate that term but I will use it here for expediance sake ) as you can get has a map with everything marked out on it for you ( like a quest finder ) . This can be turned off and on but in my view it shouldn't be there in the first place because it makes things too easy .

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by delete5230

For the life of me I don't understand why all other developers think they have to follow the path of WoW.  

I think the funniest part of this post is that you start off blaming Blizzard for the downfall of MMO's in general and then with the next line you hit the nail on the head that it actually has nothing to do with Blizzard as they don't develop other peoples games!

What is even funnier still is that Blizzard get accused time and time again of not innovating and instead stealing ideas from other games and re-cycling them, so if this is the case (and it is hard to argue that it isn't) then how is Blizzard to blame at all if other people did it first?

Blizzard produced what was and still is currently the most successful subbed western MMO for various reasons, so it is bound to spawn a few copycats, but if other developers refuse to innovate that is hardly Blizzards fault, they are just the scapegoats for people with misguided rage.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

Thread locked.  Everyone is entitled to give positive or negative opinions about the game, but baiting and trolling are not allowed. 

This discussion has been closed.