Maybe I am in the minority but I can't work out why no one will touch an MMO with a freelancer/MMO type gameplay.
- Multiple planets spread across the galaxy
- Multiple ships to purchase and with twitch type combat
- Trying to flee to a jumpgate with all your shields down and 6 pirates on your tail
- Able to walk around on planets and visit ship vendors and traders etc
- Good old fitting out a ship how you want (get that buzzy feeling of using a kick arse gun for the first time)
Yes I know there is EvE but that really doesn't capture that freelancer feel.
Earth & Beyond got close but it didn't have that big universe feel (ceilings in space don't work!)
I really miss that old school feeling of jumping into a fighter and going out and killing 3 pirates and then flying off into space and getting ambushed by NPC's or whatever. Not to mention the trade between planets/hubs and the space chatter when you are near a station.
Jumpgate was getting there and I think Jumpgate Evo is vapour....
Anyone else feel the same? (right now I would play a single player game if it was out)