Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did everyone go?

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
        TSW sounded great in theory but just turned out bad.....Funcom is the kings of great ideas and poor execution in their MMOs.
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I see pepole everywhere when I play, and finding Dungeon groups is realy easy. Im on the RP server which have very good poppulation. When Raid comes in october, when pepole are tierd of GW2 and MOP maybe the population will rise. The game is far from dead thats for sure.
  • SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56

I think with MoP and GW2 just releasing we are going to see a little low pops. Both those games are getting a luke warm response so I believe you'll see people coming back over the next few weeks.

Lukewarm? 

If you say so...

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Sluske

I think with MoP and GW2 just releasing we are going to see a little low pops. Both those games are getting a luke warm response so I believe you'll see people coming back over the next few weeks.

Lukewarm? 

If you say so...

SO If lukewarm is GW2 selling 2 million what does TSW selling only 1/10th that make it?

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69
    Originally posted by Sluske

Lukewarm? 

If you say so...

SO If lukewarm is GW2 selling 2 million what does TSW selling only 1/10th that make it?

He's speaking of the reception, not the sales....

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    Well reception wise its still gotten better marks than TSW. At least GW2 is trying to be innovative. TSW tries to be a wow clone at endgame
    Well reception wise its still gotten better marks than TSW. At least GW2 is trying to be innovative. TSW tries to be a wow clone at endgame

hahaha....pretty funny....especially since GW2 boasts that endgame starts at level 1....there is NO endgame in GW2....it's just doing stuff you could have done while leveling....TSW has a good start with endgame....nothing groundbreaking, but it's only been a few months...at least TSW won't charge another 50 bucks to play expanded content....Im afraid the beloved and overrated ANET will.

GW2 can't lay a finger on the innovation TSW has brought to the table...all GW2 did was unlock maps where other games did not...and destroy the trinity system....what an innovation...let's take two steps backward in order to innovate???

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Randayn

hahaha....pretty funny....especially since GW2 boasts that endgame starts at level 1....there is NO endgame in GW2....it's just doing stuff you could have done while leveling....TSW has a good start with endgame....nothing groundbreaking, but it's only been a few months...at least TSW won't charge another 50 bucks to play expanded content....Im afraid the beloved and overrated ANET will.

GW2 can't lay a finger on the innovation TSW has brought to the table...all GW2 did was unlock maps where other games did not...and destroy the trinity system....what an innovation...let's take two steps backward in order to innovate???

As much as I love both TSW and GW2, I gotta say TSW should have never been built with a trinity system. The open skill system would have been amazing with no trinity and a more dynamic role system. As it is, it kind of shoots itself in the foot.

"All these cool skills! but you better not use any of these ones cause you're a tank. Oh, healer? Ya don't even TOUCH these skills they are for DPSers."

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

For my part, while i really enjoyed TSW, i have finished all the content now and i see no reason to subscribe anymore.

Content updats area  joke, i might resub for a month in 12 months time, but more likely it'll be F2P by then anyway.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• templarxtemplarx Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by BrotherD
    The setting in TSW was great  but like AoC you blew through content in a month and leaving only endgame dungeons and raids to do. This only support what I have said before TSW is more like a themepark than a sandbox.

Indeed, TSW is unfortunately as much a Themepark as 90% of all MMOs out there.Even GuildWars 2 has actually done a better job at making it worthwhile "going back" to lower areas. TSW, while you can still go back to say Kingsmouth with QL10 gear and get "something" , it's not worth it, therefore the "lower" areas are getting emptier. I'm pretty sure this was not the initial idea for TSW, i always thought the idea was they were going for a GW2 type of situation where it is always rewarding to go to any area and either explore further or repeat some of the quest lines while leveling NEW weapons...but alas, somehow i did not realise.

The bigger concern is also, Transylvania has a serious increase of group quests , as in , almost half the quests are against elite mobs requiring some group play. So it might become worse for players who are trying to complete most of the quests there.

When i first entered Agartha (the travel hub) , i actually thought this is how they plan to add content and expand the world. Maybe that was the plan, dunno, but i expected a new area or zone leading from all those portals say every 3 months. As it is, they're only adding 2-4 quests per month in existing zones.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Not a lot of people joining up new, and no real incentive to create alts to re-run content, going to leave a real void at the lower levels.

Best to wait for it to go F2P which will breath new life into the lower levels. 

If/when it goes F2P or B2P I'll be joining in on the fun.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

I cancelled my sub when I heard its going f2p. Its realy sad the game din't sell that much. I loved the game, but f2p was never a way to save a game. Its a slow and painfull death.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by Default101
    Not usually a good sign when the game goes half off mere months after release.

Rift is 5 dollars at any store and the game is still awesome.

TSW is half off because it wants to sell more, but ALOT more played into it's lack of sales than building a successful game.  I think the game is great, but with lack of advertising, bad reviews (read them, they didnt even play the dang game) and all the other big title releases coming out, it was hard for them to sell.  Funcom just needs a new PR department :P

agreed .also the fact that countries which dont even have vat like pakistan have to pay it in monthly subs is a big big letdownnnn

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

TSW is probably the biggest victim of the GW2 hype.  I can't help, but feel the game would of performed better if it would have launched about a month to a month and a half after GW2.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by jdnyc

TSW is probably the biggest victim of the GW2 hype.  I can't help, but feel the game would of performed better if it would have launched about a month to a month and a half after GW2.

Launching 2-3 weeks after WoW MoP is probably not the best of ideas and also, that is in the middle of the 'holiday' releases where the big-hitters come out.

I mean, this year's holiday line up is just insane and it doesn't stop until Feb / Mar 2013.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Gw2, WoW, you name it

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

thanks, I had a good laugh X-'D

GW2 is as innovative as a pair of old broken boots with tucked on paper wings and calling it "rocket boots".

Quest hubs were the problem of old boring fetch and kill x quests? now you do the same boring stuff in yellow circles in Gw2, grouping has been killed, woah the innovation really kicks in here, holy mother of repetitive questing !

Joking aside, TSW eats Gw2 for breakfast in terms of innovation, and hey there even is something to do when you run out of missions. I can't imagine anyone who enjoys TSW would stay with Gw2 for longer than a day.

btw wowclone is medieval fantasy = GW2, not TSW

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You don't need to do the hearts or story in gw2 at all. You can just...

Level in WvW
    Level by crafting
    Level by exploring
    Level by triggering dynamic events, many if which have secret triggers.

Tsws quests are better than gw2 "quests", but your not limited to just quests in gw2. I prefer gw2 leveling pve to the hub style of wow though and especially the linear corridor fest that was swtor

Tsw Is half a game compared to gw2. Excellent quests and dungeons, nothing else to it though. It's a shame, leveling is fun,it once you hit end game its just wow again, everyone sat in agartha spamming LFG to grind dungeons for item sets.
    Tsw would have fared better going up against swtor. The basicly do the same thing, but tsw does it much much better.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    You don't need to do the hearts or story in gw2 at all. You can just...

Level in WvW
    Level by crafting
    Level by exploring
    Level by triggering dynamic events, many if which have secret triggers.

Tsws quests are better than gw2 "quests", but your not limited to just quests in gw2. I prefer gw2 leveling pve to the hub style of wow though and especially the linear corridor fest that was swtor

Tsw Is half a game compared to gw2. Excellent quests and dungeons, nothing else to it though. It's a shame, leveling is fun,it once you hit end game its just wow again, everyone sat in agartha spamming LFG to grind dungeons for item sets.

I wont comment on PVP cuz I dont PVP, but as for the rest:

Crafting = major grind in GW2...it's a very boring crafting system (would never want to level to this)

Exploring - You can actually gain quite a bit of Experience for collecting Lore in TSW (and it's actually hidden, unlike GW2 where most things are pointed out to you on the map)

"Dynamic Events" - these are your quests dude, and they suck.  I've tried about 100-150 of them in my time in GW2 and never have they been more than "kill this wave of mobs"....wait....wait..."now kill this waive of mobs"..wait...wait....etc.....and if you are really lucky you get to fight their boss who is also nothing more than a zergfest/rezfest.  

Like the responder said a few post ago....you can put paper wings on old boots, but that doesn't make them a new and wild innovation....

It's not about how many different things you can do, it's about the quality of those things.  Quality is something ANET totally forgot about when making their game.....TSW refuses to do anything but release quality content....

And btw, Im sure many will refute this, but it is true....there is no vertical leveling (as with any other game) in TSW.  The quest progression is vertical, but the skill progression is not.  You can spend your time running Polaris (in the first zone) over and over again until you get enough SP/AP to level your weaps and gear up.  Im sure it would be very painfully long, but it can be done.

Crafting isn't a grind in gw2 at all, it levels really fast if you use the discovery system.

Furthermore unlike tsw, wow etc.. crafting in gw2 is shock horror, actually bloody useful. You can craft the top gear in the game.
    There hidden lore in tsw yes.

There's way way more hidden stuff in gw2.
    There is vertical leveling in tsw. It wasn't planned that way originally, originally it was "a themepark but go on Amy ride you like"

Then at the last minute they panicked and stuck in weapeon and talisman skills forcing you to do the zones in a linear order.
    Crafting isn't a grind in gw2 at all, it levels really fast if you use the discovery system.

Furthermore unlike tsw, wow etc.. crafting in gw2 is shock horror, actually bloody useful. You can craft the top gear in the game.

what I mean by grind is that there is no "mini-game" type setup for it....it's just use said mats, for said item and make...

There hidden lore in tsw yes.

There's way way more hidden stuff in gw2.

I guess you didn't find all the lore in TSW then?  Also, I ran across some of the "hidden" stuff in GW2 and it wasn't all that spectacular....a "hidden" cave that looked like the unhidden cave I just came from....a "hidden" De that has me doing the same thing the unhidden DE had me doing.  Again, quality my friend....

Have you ever tried to explore TSW?  The exploration is 100 times better than the exploration in GW2...some of the things I stumbled across were beautiful....and I didnt need to know that I'd gain xp if I found it...