Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Positive player testimony

StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

...it exists!

"With all its quirks its still the best game out there, and I have played hundreads of games. I always wind up coming back to this one. I am thankful that you and your staff are here for the love of the game and not just the money. If you were in it just for the money we would have lost this great game and the great community of players along time ago. Thank you for all your hard work."

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=400931&page=4

Some would this was fanboi ism .... others would say its just a plain fact.

Comments

• BBC4whitewmnBBC4whitewmn Member Posts: 3
    Cool story, bro.
  • HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

It helps when they spell simple words right.  What is "hundreads"?

Is that when a dog reads?  Hund-Reads

Its how they feel, but all the one off reports by non-factor nobody accounts wont matter.   Fact is CRS is dieing, and WWIIOL with them.   If they had listened to the minority of the community 8 years ago, they would have had parachuting dogs, bailing out of planes, F2P infantry, and a working HE model years ago.

So much crap, so little quality.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    "Love the game too. Free play lured me in and within two days i did the 1 month subscription to get a better feel for the game to decide if I wanna do a 6month sub or not."

Yeh - everyone hates WWIOL, anyone else is a fanboi.

"I heard about this game on 4chan forums. People were bashing the graphics and such but I still wanted to give it a shot. I did and haven't regreted it. I just signed up for the 9.99 monthly sub. I didn't want to sign up for premium though it like 18 bucks or something... 

Eitherway once you start playing you'll look past the graphics. The key win here is the challenging game play. I've never been so pissed and adrenaline filled in my life. Constant up and downs... makes me just want to play more."

STEAM.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

You forgot this little gem:

"2nd to the guy u started this THREAT...stop crying and learn the real deal man this game is not made for brainless CoD kids! so yeah learn the hard way or fuk off...if u ban my coment its prove that u early cool guys like doc just grave fro money now and u all can go fuked then! i dont need this game i dont need doc but i support this game exspecially now when the player rate drops to almost 0!!! to the frist post: just dont give CoD advice mate we dont need a new or better CoD here which makes money! we need to improve the fukin game!"

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showpost.php?p=6190089&postcount=20

Originally posted by Szyporyn

I know why, coz you miss it like crazy and your kind of pathetic, always have been always will be...

Miss it?  I've been playing it off and on since it went f2p!  

Your a fine ambassador for the game when you come in insulting people for no reason.  

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Stug your tongue must be brown with all the licking you do.

Game is still $17.99 per month.
  • SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by rendus
    Originally posted by Szyporyn   I know why, coz you miss it like crazy and your kind of pathetic, always have been always will be...
    Miss it?  I've been playing it off and on since it went f2p!  

Your a fine ambassador for the game when you come in insulting people for no reason.  

I'm not a representative of the game, I am a player.

So - you play it on and off, and still spend your time slandering the game - guess my "hung up on the ex-gf" bit is kind of right...

And axishatr - HAHA - jeeez you are funny.

Don't like it, whey spend time in here?

• CanukplfCanukplf Member Posts: 5

You forgot this little gem:

"2nd to the guy u started this THREAT...stop crying and learn the real deal man this game is not made for brainless CoD kids! so yeah learn the hard way or fuk off...if u ban my coment its prove that u early cool guys like doc just grave fro money now and u all can go fuked then! i dont need this game i dont need doc but i support this game exspecially now when the player rate drops to almost 0!!! to the frist post: just dont give CoD advice mate we dont need a new or better CoD here which makes money! we need to improve the fukin game!{C}{C}"

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showpost.php?p=6190089&postcount=20

Nice quote..........from someone I never see playing.

• EzrelayEzrelay Member Posts: 15

lol most cant handle a REAL challange. They preferr to push their agendas instead.

WWIIONLINE Isnt going no where. Its the longest MMO on the planet and will continue to hold that belt for a very long time.

***looks down*** Dam that sig is sexy!

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

Oh you can bring up anything you like on the "official" forums but you will be banned.

xoom is one of the worst there is with that.  I suppose it is because of all his shortcomings in the game and being unable to pass the squad tests for acceptance into that axis squad that makes him so grumpy.

I'm grumpy because you dont tell me what I can say or do after spending over $4000 on this game with subs and computer builds/upgrades for 10 years......

That gets me twisted.

"Keep going back to this game, the graphics may look like balls but the game completely makes up for it - 10 minutes in to your first firefight and you will forget all about it (or enjoy some nostalgia). If you are looking for a REAL MMOFPS, as in a MASSIVE seamless world where the frontlines of battle are pushed back and forward by the actions of every participant... this is your game.."

Another quote :)

Originally posted by Szyporyn   Originally posted by rendus Originally posted by Szyporyn   I know why, coz you miss it like crazy and your kind of pathetic, always have been always will be...
    Miss it?  I've been playing it off and on since it went f2p!     Your a fine ambassador for the game when you come in insulting people for no reason.    
      I'm not a representative of the game, I am a player. So - you play it on and off, and still spend your time slandering the game - guess my "hung up on the ex-gf" bit is kind of right... And axishatr - HAHA - jeeez you are funny. Don't like it, whey spend time in here?
    You don't do yourself or the game any favors by needlessly insulting others.  

I come here to chat because it's the only place we can honestly bring up some of the negative aspects of the game.  You sure can't do it on the official forums. 

I actually do apologize for insulting you, was just rather frustrated over many blatant lies being told here by some, and then the IMO needlessly negative posts that you say are just posts to bring up negative aspects of the game.

If you feel the need for that why pick this spot to do it? Would you not rather have a forum of your own where you could talk about those aspects with likeminded people?

Originally posted by Szyporyn   I know why, coz you miss it like crazy and your kind of pathetic, always have been always will be...
    Miss it?  I've been playing it off and on since it went f2p!     Your a fine ambassador for the game when you come in insulting people for no reason.    
      I'm not a representative of the game, I am a player. So - you play it on and off, and still spend your time slandering the game - guess my "hung up on the ex-gf" bit is kind of right... And axishatr - HAHA - jeeez you are funny. Don't like it, whey spend time in here?
    You don't do yourself or the game any favors by needlessly insulting others.  

I come here to chat because it's the only place we can honestly bring up some of the negative aspects of the game.  You sure can't do it on the official forums. 

If you feel the need for that why pick this spot to do it? Would you not rather have a forum of your own where you could talk about those aspects with likeminded people?

Why not this forum, you have a link to a better alternative?

Gentlemen no fighting in the war room! :-)

This thread is for positive player testimony.
  • Originally posted by axishatr
    Stug your tongue must be brown with all the licking you do.

Game is still $17.99 per month.

Game is free to play now.  Go back and check out the website:  http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/about-the-game/plans-a-pricing

Why all the misrepresentation of facts?

"Always with those negative waves Moriarity!" 

As this thread is about positive player testimiony :

"

Gibbonici 12 hours ago 

I love this game. Sure the graphics aren't the best, the controls can be a bit tricky at first and the learning curve is fairly steep, but you absolutely will not find a more immersive, more epic and more intense WW2 game out there. Or any kind of war game for that matter.

I've got so many memories from my time in this game - paradrops over contested towns, being the only man alive out of a mission of 25 to make it into a German held town, being hopelessly outnumbered in Zeebrugge yet somehow holding on for 3 hours, being pinned down in the centre of Wavre in Belgium and seeing "RAF inbound Wavre" come up on chat to cheers over TS followed by swearing when "ETA 15 minutes" followed it.

Try it, stick with it through the learning curve (2 weeks ought to do it) and it will reward you with some of the best gaming moments you will ever have. And I say that as someone who's been gaming since the start of it all.

Only reason I don't play it now is that it took up way too much of my time!"

Originally posted by Stug
    As this thread is about positive player testimiony :" Gibbonici 12 hours ago  I love this game. Sure the graphics aren't the best, the controls can be a bit tricky at first and the learning curve is fairly steep, but you absolutely will not find a more immersive, more epic and more intense WW2 game out there. Or any kind of war game for that matter. I've got so many memories from my time in this game - paradrops over contested towns, being the only man alive out of a mission of 25 to make it into a German held town, being hopelessly outnumbered in Zeebrugge yet somehow holding on for 3 hours, being pinned down in the centre of Wavre in Belgium and seeing "RAF inbound Wavre" come up on chat to cheers over TS followed by swearing when "ETA 15 minutes" followed it. Try it, stick with it through the learning curve (2 weeks ought to do it) and it will reward you with some of the best gaming moments you will ever have. And I say that as someone who's been gaming since the start of it all. Only reason I don't play it now is that it took up way too much of my time!"      

Yeah can relate to the "took too much of my time" :-)

Comment on the FPA:

"I have tried the Free to Play. With the help of veteran players, I cannot remember having such a good time. Yes the graphics need upgrading, yet as is , it is a real gem. Aacey 13th Regiment"

"
    Hi all

I have been afk for a few years and just had a quick blast on this game over the past few days and have to say its just as good as it was maybe even better

"While the graphics can be occasionally dated in some aspects, the game play and subtle tactical immersion more than make up for it. A very fine war simulation that rewards thoughtful play. Be prepared to learn how to properly fly/drive/ shoot etc etc. But thats the best part of the fun"
  • Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28

This game has afforded me some of the best gaming experiences.  I rate them as such due to the full gambit of elements that comprise this game.  The community; the squad I am a part of; the combined arms aspect of the game (e.g., it really works when properly applied); and the varying pace of the game all come together to provide a truly amazing experience that I keep coming back to. 

One of the things I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy the most is the difficulty of the game.  I am well aware of lag issues or clipping issues that have been bemoaned and chided to death.  That is not what I am addressing when I speak to 'game difficulty'.  The fact that you have to be tactically smart to be successful in this game is what I mean by 'difficulty' bringing an appreciated aspect to this game.  One cannot simply rush around in a Call of Duty esque dash for quick kills, kills in a row, and so on.  You have to move with concealment in mind.  For example, what is the best approach for infantry to move into town that provides them with the most concealment from the enemy?  Another example, albeit one that illustrates combined arms, is the employment of light machine guns and mortars to provide heavy fire while rifles and sub machine guns move toward a contested Forward Base to contest it while a team of engineers blow the spawns.  Building on the latter, the teamwork element that is necessary in this game is simply amazing.  I know of other shooter games that speak to or try an emphasize teamwork in online matches, but the reality with those is that you are really just grouping up in the effort to get more bodies in a small space so you can achieve overwhelming fire superiority.  That's it.  No comms, no movement by bounds, no working with other ground elements, much less air power that is human controlled.  In this game, when you find yourself working with a good group on voice comms and you successfully employ the aforementioned concepts to truly crush the opposing forces guarding a town or forward base, there is no other experience in gaming that can compare to it. 

The point in all this, is that you actually have to think and work with other players to be successful.  I know there are some who can go it alone and do well, but they are 1%ers.  At the end of the discussion, this game requires and rewards tactical thought; initiative; and good communications.  Then there is also nothing like hearing a squad member call out "bombs over target" on a squad night, listening to an accurate ground report, and capped off by the sound of whistling death.  That is why I keep coming back. 

"Best Game I've ever played. 500+ towns to take. Campaigns can go for weeks on end. Bombing is awesome -- can bomb bridges, tanks, destroyers etc. Really awesome when you get army, air and navy units working together to capture a town." 
  • horseshackhorseshack Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Stug
    "Best Game I've ever played. 500+ towns to take. Campaigns can go for weeks on end. Bombing is awesome -- can bomb bridges, tanks, destroyers etc. Really awesome when you get army, air and navy units working together to capture a town." 
    -- from anonymous player in 2008

Fixed it for you. 

"This game [WWIIOL] is amazing, i have it already. So much fun."

30/09/2012

EDIT: Note the other suchlike posts are positive player testimonies from 2012.

This discussion has been closed.