Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 / 10 on Metacritic.

Comments

• bestiacorpusbestiacorpus Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

it's metacritic...

I want to see subscription numbers after the diablo3-WoW promo ends and the played time charts.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Haters are gonna hate.  Other than a couple of bugs, like the double chat bug and a few bugs like keg smash not working right, but overall I haven't had much problems at all.  There was a 28 person queue when I went to eat and came back, but that only took about 2 minutes.  I'm level 49 right now on my monk, and I'm still having fun.  The monk quest every 10 levels is nice, as it makes a break in between the content someone like myself has already done (altoholics).  

Edit: As far as launches go, the NA was one of the best I've seen since Dark Age of Camelot, which had really no problems, except a couple of bugs which were fixed in like 6 hours lol.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

lol a bunch of 10s and even more 0s. Remind me why metacritic user reviews are any better than official reviews?

Because splurt's review of Zero "Game sucks Nuff said!" is quality research.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

I find a lot of times that there are movies I feel are pretty good quality and they get down in the mid to high 6s and low 7s. Although I've never once looked at metacritic before buying a game (I tend to look at the early information and pile it all together to decide. I'm almost never far off with my expectation.), but I've heard similar way off scores on games before.

I'm not saying MoP is good or bad, I haven't tried it and I never will.

But I think things like metacritic tend to be far more about popularity contests then anything else. If something is cool to hate, everyone hates it. If something is trendy to love everyone loves it. And the score is up to 4.0 now when I clicked the link just as a factual FYI.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

There is a reason why some shops have many boxes and even the collector edition left in their shelves and some shops already threw  pricecuts on the game just 3 days after launch...

I didnt expect the expansion sales to turn out THAT bad.

Effectively lowering the server caps (likely fiddling with the caps through the "cross realm" server merge system) to fake longer queues  at least on a few server and adjusting server ratings (in multiple steps before the expasion, but they where still caught by player noticing their low servers suddenly where flagged medium for no reason) to fake more "high" or "medium" server on the realmlist, nor well compensated or bandwagoning "professional" reviews will change anything on it.

But dont worry not in half a year like usual but already in 4 days MOP will release in China and all "the numbers" they used to throw at naive user will look much more rosy on paper this time again!

This information isn't correct though. Maybe in your area you are still having stock on the game but where I live all the stores are sold out. There are quite a few servers on high and full currently, I know the queue on my server yesterday was around 3 hours. It surely isn't doing as well as previous expansions but it isn't doing bad by any means.

This type of "information" is always funny to me. When GW2 was "sold out everywhere" according to a lot of people on these forums within the first couple days of launch, I went to 3 different stores in a very densely populated area near a large city and they all had tons of stock.

It is just funny to always see the "It is sold out in my area so it is selling amazing" maybe your area expected little demand and only ordered 10 copies to begin with. No matter the reason (area is huge fan of the game, fewer copies were stocked, or exaggeration), a store being sold out is not real proof of everything. Just as there being copies in a store is proof of nothing at all.

The better the numbers, the faster Blizzard will release them. It is how they work. When they hit a new milestone of subscriptions from getting their game back in China, they shout it from the roof top 2 seconds later. When for years the numbers slowly go down they never comment. The longer it takes them to come out with MoP numbers the less impressive they will be. The fact I haven't heard release day sales is one indication already. If we don't hear first weekend/first week sales it will be another.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    We're up to 4.0 user score now, if we get to a 5.0 thats a damn good user score.
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

There is a reason why some shops have many boxes and even the collector edition left in their shelves and some shops already threw  pricecuts on the game just 3 days after launch...

Effectively lowering the server caps (likely fiddling with the caps through the "cross realm" server merge system) to fake longer queues  at least on a few server and adjusting server ratings (in multiple steps before the expasion, but they where still caught by player noticing their low servers suddenly where flagged medium for no reason) to fake more "high" or "medium" server on the realmlist, nor well compensated or bandwagoning "professional" reviews will change anything on it.

But dont worry not in half a year like usual but already in 4 days MOP will release in China and all "the numbers" they used to throw at naive user will look much more rosy on paper this time again!

Tinfoil hats on everyone, we got us a conspiracy!

Originally posted by rygard49

Tinfoil hats on everyone, we got us a conspiracy!

Room for two?

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

The fact that multiple people are giving it a 0 should prove how bad of a rating system metacritic is.  Just like mmorpg.com - any joe schmo can create an account and downgrade something.  In most cases these people haven't even played the game. 

On the opposite end of the spectrum - reviewers from big name game review sites are completely biased due to advertisement money and their bosses briefing down their necks.  Look at SWTOR's reviews..

Who should you believe?  Current WoW players.  They will be the most honest about how this xpac compares to previous ones.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Metacridiots strike again...

Derp derp derp, I couldn't logon once...I give this game A ZERO!!!!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

I dont play WoW but all these "tards" buying MOP and then wanting to procceed with their pve expeirience are ''tards"

this expansion focusses HEAVILY on PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP  BALANCING

UNDERSTAND?

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by TheHavok

The fact that multiple people are giving it a 0 should prove how bad of a rating system metacritic is.  Just like mmorpg.com - any joe schmo can create an account and downgrade something.  In most cases these people haven't even played the game. 

On the opposite end of the spectrum - reviewers from big name game review sites are completely biased due to advertisement money and their bosses briefing down their necks.  Look at SWTOR's reviews..

Who should you believe?  Current WoW players.  They will be the most honest about how this xpac compares to previous ones.

To be fair this expansion is the best one yet. They story is nice, the dungeons are fun and have raidish mechanics , and there is enough exploration to be done for achievements or battle pets. Is the game a 10? No, no game is perfect so that just shows that giving numerical values to an opinion based system is just stupid.

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Lol those aren't even reviews. Those are just trolls, people who obviously have nothing better to do than hate WoW.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

It seems metacritic attracts a lot of angry people.  D3 being online only and having a RMAH doomed the scores of anything else Blizzard releases after.  I have no interes tin MoP, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go and post a low score in a review for it.

It's also another example of how metacritic has zero affect on sales and neither does it reflect true consumer reactions.

Yep

I can go make 20 fake emails,then go make 20 accounts on metacittic and either give a product a krappy score,or a good one.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by expresso
    We're up to 4.0 user score now, if we get to a 5.0 thats a damn good user score.

You work for Blizzard?  That's the only way I can comprehend the "we" thing.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by zaylin

It seems metacritic attracts a lot of angry people.  D3 being online only and having a RMAH doomed the scores of anything else Blizzard releases after.  I have no interes tin MoP, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go and post a low score in a review for it.

It's also another example of how metacritic has zero affect on sales and neither does it reflect true consumer reactions.

Yep

I can go make 20 fake emails,then go make 20 accounts on metacittic and either give a product a krappy score,or a good one.

Thats quite an accusation.  I'm not surprised at the low score, since more people have quit WoW than are currently playing (Blizzard statement last year).  There are simply more people who don't like WoW than those who like it, in other words.

Cataclysm was a really sucky expansion in any event.  This could be seen as subjective, but lets be objective.  This was the first time in WoW history when WoW subscriptions fell .. and not by a little bit .. they fell by a lot.

Also game sales for MoP are down, which can be taken into consideration to the lack of interest.

To your claim, someone can easily make 20 accounts on metacritic and give the game a perfect 10 out of 10 (which appears to be also happening just as easily).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by zaylin

Yep

And so could 50 of your closest friends. That would be a significant number of user "reviews".

It's really sad that people take something useful such as Metacritic and manipulate it causing it become useless (or just less usefull)  just to satisfy their own selfish agenda.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

I had more trouble understanding how 5.0 could be considered a good score........

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

I'm not a big fan of WoW anymore, as I'm really into GW2 at the moment, but those user scores are always complete rubbish.  All the haters and lovers of whatever game just go onto that site and spam 10s and 0s and none of it means a thing.  It goes for WoW, it goes for Swtor, GW2... whatever.    

Seems these days it's not enough for some people to make a choice -- they're so insecure that they need to slam and hate on others for chosing differently to somehow validate their own decision.  

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by just1opinion

I had more trouble understanding how 5.0 could be considered a good score........

Remember: we're talking Metacritic user scores here. Anything above negative is saying something.......

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

We're upto 4.2 now.
  • IudiciumIudicium Member UncommonPosts: 19
    no words LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Remember: we're talking Metacritic user scores here. Anything above negative is saying something.......

Not really Torch Light 2, Skyrim, GW2, Medieval II: Total War, Mass effect 1&2, dead space 1&2, legend of grimrock, Sins of a Solar Empire & Rebellion, The Walking Dead Episode 1&2, The Secret World...... and a lot more have a green user ratings The Secret World pro score is 73 while user is 8.3 so I would say 5.0 is still not a good "user" score =/

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by dustyhayes
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Not really Torch Light 2, Skyrim, GW2, Medieval II: Total War, Mass effect 1&2, dead space 1&2, legend of grimrock, Sins of a Solar Empire & Rebellion, The Walking Dead Episode 1&2, The Secret World...... and a lot more have a green user ratings The Secret World pro score is 73 while user is 8.3 so I would say 5.0 is still not a good "user" score =/

Add to it the fact that threads like this one have served to mobilize fanboys to come to defense of WOW, and you have the whole picture.  IMO, it's too bad, because MOP and Cata deserve really low scores.  No innovation, no correction of prior mistakes, dumbed down story, and lackluster quests being among my issues with them.

People who talk of Metacritic user bias are a little off IMO.  It's not like they are a hive mind or something.  It's just a random cross section of people.  Things don't get less biased than that!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Sh3nanigansSh3nanigans Member Posts: 23

How could anyone possibly give MoP a bad rating? They must all be trolls and WoW haters. MoP is the best expansion to date and I can't possibly see how someone could have a different opinion then me!

/sarcasm

Blizzard fanboys MOBILIZE!

This discussion has been closed.