Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Multiplicity 2.0: Control 2-9 Computers

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Multiplicity 2.0 is a new utility to allow a single keyboard and mouse to control between two and nine computers. Users can drag and drop of large files between PCs, copy and paste formatted content across multiple PCs, and send the audio from all PCs to one PC and a set of speakers.

NEW IN VERSION 2.0

• Send keyboard input to all computers simultaneously.

• Quickly transfer data between your PCs efficiently with no file size limitations.

• User data is always secure with AES-256 encryption and a customizable 200 character key.

• Centralize multiple PC audio to one set of PC speakers.

Find out more about Multiplicity on the Stardock site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DracondisDracondis Member UncommonPosts: 177
    In a vain attempt to generate revenue, MMORPG is now running commercials as news stories.  Film at 11.
  • J-NiusJ-Nius Member UncommonPosts: 29

Don't do that again.

I come here for real news.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Dracondis
    In a vain attempt to generate revenue, MMORPG is now running commercials as news stories.  Film at 11.

I think this coverage is just fine. Many people run multiple accounts in their MMOs. How is this not relevant?

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

This is advertising, plain and simple.

A real news story would at least compare multiple products and options.  It would also cover the advantages and disadvantages of the products.

A program I have used in the past was Synergy.  I don't know if it can do everything this program can, but Synergy is free and open-source.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

When I was playing Uncharted Waters Online on two PCs, I was looking for something like this utility. Too late for me, but maybe some dualboxers would appreciate it.

Cheers.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Advertising it may be, but its advertising for free software.

And before you start with the slippery slope arguement, they can be fun, have you not been to a water park before?

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• DracondisDracondis Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

And before you start with the slippery slope arguement, they can be fun, have you not been to a water park before?

It isn't free.  Multiplicity costs $39.95.  $40 for the "free" software.  Pure advertisement masquerading as news.  Relevant or not, it doesn't belong in a news feed.

• duomenoxduomenox Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Dracondis
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

It isn't free.  Multiplicity costs $39.95.  $40 for the "free" software.  Pure advertisement masquerading as news.  Relevant or not, it doesn't belong in a news feed.

While Multiplicity is not free, Input Director is... and it does the same thing:

http://www.inputdirector.com/

I am a happy customer of many pieces of Stardock software... but this one is too expensive and Input Director does a better job (in my opinion).

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Probably not the best timing for such an Advertorial coming right on the heels of the brouhaha over the Admin remarks in the  ad-blocker thread over the weekend.

To avoid the appearance of being an Advertorial such a news item should probably be more than a cut/paste from the company website accompanied by a link that that website...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    rofl oh yes lets make/sell software that allows goldfarming sites to over run games more O-o..  honestly i have problems using  my direct network systems to move files around my pcs. much rather have 2 keyboards so im not typing to people im talking to while trying to imput key commands for things >>"