Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Combined Arms Sim

Still the best game.

the only game i continously come back to.

never gets uninstalled.

Comments

• MaxiosMaxios Member Posts: 7
    /signed

Come join the fun!

.:: www.wwiionline.com ::.

• kkelly9kkelly9 Member Posts: 6
    agreed, nobody does total war like this game. if you think eye candy equals fun, go play one of the kids games like wow or gw2. forget about Axishatr on here who is butt hurt which causes him to make all of his negative posts here.
  • SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

What makes the game unique!

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

/Signed - been on my computer since mid 2004.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Late 2002 :)

• BBC4whitewmnBBC4whitewmn Member Posts: 3
    When you have a packed server with multple AO's bulging at the seams, yes, it's the best combined arms game on the market.  But when you have 50 vs 50 like we have for the past 2 years you have a game that's just about as exciting as watching seniors playing bridge at the retirement home. 
  • I would have to agree with all of your comments here - I've been playing since 2001.  I've run through 5 machines in that time - and it was installed on all of them.

As for low numbers - WWIIonline is now free to play - and I can vouch for the fact that numbers are picking up.  If you really can't pay - or don't want to pay, you don't have to.  You still have access to a good cross section of load-outs at each tier (hell, I spawn rifle and scout vehicles mostly myself - both in the basic free list).

I will say WWIIonline is not for everyone.  If you want an arcade style gameplay in a small enclosed space - then it might not be for you.

If you want an extremely realistic combat/battlefield simulation to try your metal against - then you might find a home there.

The only way to find out is to give it a try.  Listening to trolls bait people into pointless arguments - while mildly entertaining - will not answer the question.

• makifmakif Member Posts: 5

Signed.

Best combined arms and realistic simulation, especially with organised squads.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by BBC4whitewmn
    When you have a packed server with multple AO's bulging at the seams, yes, it's the best combined arms game on the market.  But when you have 50 vs 50 like we have for the past 2 years you have a game that's just about as exciting as watching seniors playing bridge at the retirement home. 

Yup, you said it. image

But in all seriousness it is a blast when the population is right.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116

Wow someone must have posted on the ww2online playschool fourm to get this many I like comments. Really guys your not helping the game by posting this stuff. The games issue is not that it cant be fun it can and has been in the past. Most of the Vets that come here well tell you that, but with that said the game has issues such as direction of play and technical issues that have killed its massive potential.

It went from a realistic warsim years ago to what we have now which is COD on a huge map that is never used. We get to have stargates,teleporting supply,low populations, and a crappy AO/HC system that force the fight into a box. Yes thats a big one HC and the AO system have been and will continue to be a huge fail boat that kills off any original outside the box stuff beyond the simple FB to town frontal assault over and over.

Im sure some of the guys will call me a hater but the reality is alot of the guys here played 10 years they dont want the game to go under but on the same hand want the RATS to understand if they want our buisness back they need to change the coarse and get back to what made this game good which is the player driven action. Take the training wheels off allow for player lead attacks AKA:squads. Let the huge map mean something with cross country use again for attacks and defense AKA: get the fights out of the towns all the time. Let the supply be handled by the players AKA: visable supply that can be interdicted and not magic fairy dust teleporting. Stop the stargate spawning crap AKA: make lines of defense viable again players should not be punished  for good tactics just because 1 guy slipped by and created a tear in the fabric of time and space that allows aliens I mean armies to spawn in.

• Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28
    I'll echo previous sentiments and state that this is the best combined arms simulation.  Even during low population periods I have been in some really cool small unit actions.  Where else can you get on voice comms and guide in a human player to drop bombs on a treeline filled with enemy infantry or tanks? 
  • iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by Zbus
    TLDR; Burnt out player who has lost faith in CRS

I understand where you're coming from, and I agree to a point.

Having said that, the game is still unlike most games out there. The only thing that ever came close was Planetside, now Planetside 2 will take the reigns and offer up Massive Warfare on a more modern graphical scale.

However low pop does kill the fun factor a little bit in WW2O, my main issue is I was a pilot ace. Mostly bombers and running bombing runs only to kill 2 maybe 3 soft targets and MAYBE getting a armored kill is the common fact these days. When about 5 and 6 years ago I could do the same thing and score 2 or 3 times as many due to higher population enemy counts.

It is what it is, but it's still worth a try when they offer a free trial.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by NeokiNaomi

Originally posted by Zbus
    TLDR; Burnt out player who has lost faith in CRS

I understand where you're coming from, and I agree to a point.

Having said that, the game is still unlike most games out there. The only thing that ever came close was Planetside, now Planetside 2 will take the reigns and offer up Massive Warfare on a more modern graphical scale.

However low pop does kill the fun factor a little bit in WW2O, my main issue is I was a pilot ace. Mostly bombers and running bombing runs only to kill 2 maybe 3 soft targets and MAYBE getting a armored kill is the common fact these days. When about 5 and 6 years ago I could do the same thing and score 2 or 3 times as many due to higher population enemy counts.

It is what it is, but it's still worth a try when they offer a free trial.

Really? Im a burnt out player who lost faith in CRS? Why not just call me a hater and be done with it. Seems like when anyone objects to the game direction of the devs or disputes a post that is positive guys like you show up and start tossing out the labels. In the future counter the points made in the post and less judgeing of the poster.