Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Fail?

Comments

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by eAzydaman

when WoW came out there was no millions of mmorpg gamers around,no there wasnt,i dont think that WoW is RPG but still.

Now when there is hundreds of millions of  so called mmorpg  gamers and GW2 cant even make 5% of them interested,i think its a fail.

They tried to make something super casual,but that is their biggest mistake.

I dont understand   what they tried,game for people who play 1 second per day,who have 5 childrens and 6 girlfriends will love it ?  <-- TV-commercial about that could be really interesting.

Where the KITTEN did you find those numbers? 5% isn't even interested in the game?

This post has FAIL written all over it. Useless thread is useless.

Fact is that the servers is still FULL & HIGH in population. We know you WOW kiddies are sadface because of the lack of endgame. Move on already....

Using your ideology ,when SWTOR introduces their mega server and its full then it will be success,again ?

Still making no sense. GW2 has alot of servers on both US and EU and not a single server are below HIGH or FULL population.

SWTOR might have seen better success had it been B2P from the get go. Who knows. You can't compare a sub based game failure with B2P. And SWTOR has been out alot longer than GW2, give it time. By the time GW2 is 6-8 months old it will likely have an expansion and content updates.

Seems like you are missing the point and that is why it doesnt make sense to you.

When WoW was released it expanded MMORPG player base,(i still think that most of them are not rpg gamers,but *still)

Now GW2 cant even make those people interested or do the same that WoW did,bring new blood to the genre,well if we count these who play 1 second per day,then they changed something,but is that a good thing ?

How do YOU know that? Come on, stop grabbing things from your kitten. How do you know for a fact that GW2 doesn't have players who never touched an MMO before?

Yes the game is friendly to people who don't play more than a couple of hours a day /week. But why is that a bad thing? It still has content for people who likes to grind.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

I come to these forums only to see all the hate and laugh to it...

Really people, go play something else and enjoy it. Its not hard. Are you bored this much?

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by zakiyawow
    Originally posted by RefMinor

when WoW came out there was no millions of mmorpg gamers around,no there wasnt,i dont think that WoW is RPG but still.

Now when there is hundreds of millions of  so called mmorpg  gamers and GW2 cant even make 5% of them interested,i think its a fail.

I dont understand   what they tried,game for people who play 1 second per day,who have 5 childrens and 6 girlfriends will love it ?  <-- TV-commercial about that could be really interesting.

Assuming hundreds of millions equals two hundred million (the minimum hundreds can be) 5% of that is 10m. Do you realise you are saying any game that doesn't get 10m is a fail?

So its not even close to 5% then,but point is they tried to make somekind of casual game for everybody,pretty much like zynga games,but it didnt work out.

if you don't have a number of how many players bought the game and how many still play the game. Your assumpton is meaningles. 

I don't even get what you mean by people are not rpg gamers. I started playing RPG games since 80s and the formula is pretty much the same. You have a character, you kill monsters for xp. You level up. You advance through game by doing so. What is so different from the current game to the old game in the RPG category ?

Imagine wow @n@l chat in Ultima Online for example and you get the point,i hope.

I am sure you can see the same chat in Ultima Online. In fact, I know I have. 

• TenjouTenjou Member Posts: 20
    People assume that you have to be addicted to the game to call it successfull. I think Anet built Guild Wars 2 to be hop in/out game not to replace or compete with persons daily life. WHICH IS AWESOME!
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Where the KITTEN did you find those numbers? 5% isn't even interested in the game?

This post has FAIL written all over it. Useless thread is useless.

Fact is that the servers is still FULL & HIGH in population. We know you WOW kiddies are sadface because of the lack of endgame. Move on already....

Using your ideology ,when SWTOR introduces their mega server and its full then it will be success,again ?

Still making no sense. GW2 has alot of servers on both US and EU and not a single server are below HIGH or FULL population.

SWTOR might have seen better success had it been B2P from the get go. Who knows. You can't compare a sub based game failure with B2P. And SWTOR has been out alot longer than GW2, give it time. By the time GW2 is 6-8 months old it will likely have an expansion and content updates.

Seems like you are missing the point and that is why it doesnt make sense to you.

When WoW was released it expanded MMORPG player base,(i still think that most of them are not rpg gamers,but *still)

Now GW2 cant even make those people interested or do the same that WoW did,bring new blood to the genre,well if we count these who play 1 second per day,then they changed something,but is that a good thing ?

How do YOU know that? Come on, stop grabbing things from your kitten. How do you know for a fact that GW2 doesn't have players who never touched an MMO before?

Yes the game is friendly to people who don't play more than a couple of hours a day /week. But why is that a bad thing? It still has content for people who likes to grind.

You only need to test that product and find out.

heres my simple example.

tree cutting RPG simulator v1.0

DM - theres a green  tree.

player A -  i will saw it down

player A - is sawing the tree,tree is down (500 exp gained)

player B - i want to saw it down too

DM - but its not there anymore

GW DM  - theres tree for you too

player C - takes his chainsaw and cuts GW DM to pieces (15,000 exp gained)

ForumPvP - 1 example out of many.

Let's internet

heres my simple example.

I have no clue what you are trying to say. People share resources is a  bad thing ? 

Or, it is not realistic to have player A chop down a treen and player B comes over and chop down the same tree for rold playing aspet ? 

It is a game, not a life sim. I mean, we are carrying all those tree parts and ores and food items and running around.  The bodies of monsters vanishes after they are killed. If you are playing the game as a sim world, then its not the game's fault that it doesn function as a sim world. 

heres my simple example.

I have no clue what you are trying to say. People share resources is a  bad thing ? 

Or, it is not realistic to have player A chop down a treen and player B comes over and chop down the same tree for rold playing aspet ? 

It is a game, not a life sim. I mean, we are carrying all those tree parts and ores and food items and running around.  The bodies of monsters vanishes after they are killed. If you are playing the game as a sim world, then its not the game's fault that it doesn function as a sim world. 

I do understand that how you think about that,I really do.

And that is the problem ,Anet was thinking like that too they thought that they can deliver something for everybody but believe me that was their biggest mistake.

it starts from simple things like that ,is tree still there or not ?

giving that tree to everybody doesnt mean that it now somehow works for everybody.

Let's internet

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

About PvP equipment...

Yeah, that is rather annoying. Also, what's the point of "customizing" my sPvP armor dyes when it's gonna force me to be all red and blue when I join? And that glaring hideous red or blue.

For a game that boasts customization, it is somewhat lacking. I've been looking the same for 35 levels or so...

heres my simple example.

And that is the problem ,Anet was thinking like that too they thought that they can deliver something for everybody but believe me that was their biggest mistake.

giving that tree to everybody doesnt mean that it now somehow works for everybody.

so, you want a virtual world, not a game.

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

The concept of levelling is a bad thing in my opinion. It leads to grind and people think that wasting time is a good thing as long as you mask it as an accomplishment.

What I want is challenge and enough content to keep me trying new things for a long time.

I'd much rather have a game where I start at max level, every mob is based off of that max level so that there's no easy mobs. The progression then changes from my level to what I'm able to accomplish. I want to stretch to as far as I can and still have more difficult challenges ahead.

GW was like this. You could get to level 20 in a day, but that didn't mean the challenge was done.

It's like everyone getting a max level character with good gear, then people could do what many, including myself enjoy most. If we could jump to end game content, and that end game content was plentiful, then only a few would spend time killing rabbits and deer.

Asdar

heres my simple example.

mmmm i can make virtual worlds from a simple tree but some company cant,isnt that weird ?

Let's internet

heres my simple example.

mmmm i can make virtual worlds from a simple tree but some company cant,isnt that weird ?

Nope. Not at all. They wanted to make a game, not a life sim.

heres my simple example.

Cant say anything to this except that you are like player B then.

And again,its not for everybody and its still Anets biggest problem.

Let's internet

I still don't see why it is a "big problem" as you put it. Aside from people who expect a life sim game.

I can agree that the game is cater to particular portion of gamers which is not a bad thing. I do not believe anyone can make a game that will satisfy everyone. Themepark or sandbox, PVE or PVE. We are just all way too different as individuals.

I still don't see why it is a "big problem" as you put it. Aside from people who expect a life sim game.

I can agree that the game is cater to particular portion of gamers which is not a bad thing. I do not believe anyone can make a game that will satisfy everyone. Themepark or sandbox, PVE or PVE. We are just all way too different as individuals.

I agree and i wont bring here any Xfire or server data,time will tell how many thinks that their way is the right way,I said few months back that GW2 is going to be a vacuum cleaner which gathers players who wants to do things like Anet implemented and i can only hope that it maintains it player base and "virtual worlds" can stay safe.

Let's internet

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

It's a personal tastes thing.

For me, it's very much NOT a fail as I'm still loving it.

Sorry if you're not.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by evolver1972

I personally think GW2 is an epic game.  But then again, I'm a mostly PvE player.  I dabble some in WvWvW (I see that as something long term later after I finish the story line).  I think the problem for some people is that they rush through the game to get to 80.  Then they think, "now what?  I don't want to go back to the lower areas.  I don't get to wear my super awesome PvP gear in PvE.  So, now what do I do?"  It is a dillema for sure.

I prefer the slower approach.  See the game.  Live the game.  Enjoy it in the PvE area.  I've been exploring like crazy and following my story.  Trying to build a life for my character.  That's what makes it epic for me.

That's the problem with most MMO gamers these days. They are their own worst enemies, burning through MMO after MMO after MMO, never understanding why none of them can hold their interest for more than a month or two. Always blaming the devs, but never asking "maybe it's something to do with the way I'm approaching them?"

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Please stop with the fail threads.  They are getting old.  I can't wait for the next game to come out and the fail threads move on.  It's almost like kick the can.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

Please stop with the fail threads.  They are getting old.  I can't wait for the next game to come out and the fail threads move on.  It's almost like kick the can.

Nuuuuuuu we have to justify our gaming choice by bashing everyone else who's views differ. :p

It's no different than Football ( Soccer to the unwashed ) fans beating their chests like chimps in support of their team ... rather than actually just enjoying the match.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    If I were you I'd cancel my sub immediately and show ANET who's the boss!  image

#1 lol.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Atlan99

I agree with what you say about it being too casual to hold people.

I don't think it is a failure though. The game has made probably twice what normal mmo's do in sales, due to the cash shop.

Casual?! If you think that GW2 is too easy try doing a zone, ANY zone, without another player helping you. GW2 demands multiple player and group activity. That, to me, is not catering to the casual player. I wish all you "it is not hard enough" people would go back to Darkfall and Asian grinders.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by Requiem1066
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

Nuuuuuuu we have to justify our gaming choice by bashing everyone else who's views differ. :p

It's no different than Football ( Soccer to the unwashed ) fans beating their chests like chimps in support of their team ... rather than actually just enjoying the match.

hahahaha

You sir, made the best analogy seen on this forum for years :D

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by Connmacart
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

This game wont fail because it has no sub,

on a personal level this game wasnt for me. but im not big on themparks anyways.

Even F2P titles like GW2 can fail, if no one is playing them anymore and no one purchases stuff in their cash shop.

There is a bunch of F2P MMOs which got shut down at some point

Please swap your F and B buttons on your keyboard.

Why? I´m not getting framed by a marketing heist and someone replacing "F" with "B" and call it a new model. GW2 is F2P with a cash shop, end of story.

Uhm, no, sorry, better luck next time.

imageimage
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I like that gw2 is casual friendly. I'm older now, I like a game I can dip in and out of, I don't want a second job.

It's not the game for everyone though, its not designed for the people who like grinding stuff for 8 hours + a day.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I like that gw2 is casual friendly. I'm older now, I like a game I can dip in and out of, I don't want a second job.

It's not the game for everyone though, its not designed for the people who like grinding stuff for 8 hours + a day.

Anet would disagree with that. They want 'everyone' to play their game. That is how you beat WOW in sales and be number one. ;)

However i disagree about grinding part.  People are already grinding everyday for their legendary, exotics and other shiny stuff.