Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oooh [girl]: Website, LGBT/gay-friendly, PvE, WvW, Tournament PvP, friendly and fun players

Are you tired of reading guild recruitment ads that use language like:

• “Basically, our guild owns the game.”
  • “You must play our way and follow our guildmaster’s instructions.”
  • “You must have this experience with that.” 
  • “We only accept members who are (insert age/software/class/character qualification here).”

Well, so are we. Welcome to Oooh [girl]! Oooh [girl] is a fun, friendly guild composed of casual and competitive players from around Europe (and even a few in the US). Our guild’s motto is: This is just a game. Sometimes it’s a silly game, sometimes it’s a competitive game, but it’s always a game and it’s always meant to be fun. If our name made you laugh, then this is probably the guild for you!

Oooh [girl] is a predominantly LGBT guild. No, we are not a “gay guild.” Yes, most of our members are gay. No, you don’t have to be gay to join us—but you do need to be gay-friendly. As I explained it to one straight member recently, “We aren’t so much pro-gay as much as we are anti-dumb.”

Oooh [girl] logo

Visit our web site at http://o3h.does-it.net

What can you expect from Oooh [girl]?

We’re of the firm belief that gaming is neither a full-time job nor a lifestyle. It’s a hobby.

I started this guild during headstart. Originally there were two real-life friends and myself, and we’re now expanding the guild to include other gay and gay-friendly players who like to have fun, and sometimes even compete in tournament PVP. We’re proud to have an international member base comprised of male and female players, both gay and straight, in several countries. Our guild chat and voice chat is conducted in English—if you’re not a native speaker, don’t worry. We don’t care if you have an accent or if your English is less than perfect. Everyone is welcome in our guild. We have a very active group of core players who are wonderful people—great fun, great conversation, and great laughs. They're not half bad at playing, either. :P

We have members interested in just about all aspects of the game. As a guild, our goals include:

• World and dynamic events
  • Exploration-mode dungeons
  • Structured PvP
  • World vs. World PvP
  • Tournament PvP

In addition to these on-going guild activities, we have members who actively engage in (and are happy to help you with) map completion (vistas, waypoints, story-mode dungeons, and points of interest), crafting, and leveling in general.

Oooh [girl] will never be a giant guild. We’re aiming to hold at a steady 30-40 active players in the European timezones, and 10-20 active US players. You will never be anonymous, left out, or forgotten. Your contributions will always matter!

We have excellent out-of-game support, as well. Our web site features forums, private messaging, member profiles, and a guild event calendar with (optional) reminder notifications. We don’t expect you to log in every day just to find out what’s going on, nor do we expect you to spend 5 hours a week digging through forums to find activities or information you need. Feel free to visit our web site at http://o3h.does-it.net.

Currently, we’re playing on the Vabbi server. Character transfers are currently free, so feel free to give us a chat and come on over, if you like.

If you and your friends are interested in joining us, but aren’t on Vabbi and don’t want to transfer, that’s ok, too. GW2 allows you to join a guild from *any* server. You’ll be able to join us for PvE and PvP via the guesting feature (ArenaNet has stated that they are introducing this feature in the near future). You won’t be able to join us for WvW, however.

Joining Oooh

Oooh [girl] is a social guild with a very social play style. As with any social environment, people tend to become friends and sometimes talk about their personal lives, either in guild chat or on voice chat. If you’re not comfortable playing with gay guys and gals, if you frequently call people the “f” word while playing (the six-letter one), or if you just plain dislike gay people (hey, you’re entitled), then we’re probably not the best fit for you.

We don’t have an arrogant or exhaustive application process; everyone is welcome to join. We do generally have a quick, 2–3 minute chat with interested parties prior to sending an invitation. If you’re interested, just visit our web site (link below) and fill out the form. Your information will be sent to an officer who will then contact you via email or in-game to set up a time for a quick chat and an invite.

The link for new members is http://o3h.does-it.net/

We look forward to seeing you in-game! Good hunting!

Comments

• GothamCityFiascoGothamCityFiasco Member Posts: 21
    bump
  • VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I'll join! Starting to get bored with just me on my own. I'll send a whisper when i log in.

Hey guys! We had some great response over the weekend. We had 12 people join up, and about 6 others contact us just to say they liked the spirit of our guild.

We’re still looking for people, and would love to hear from you. Again, the easiest way to join is on our web site: http://o3h.does-it.net.

Just a quick bump to let everyone know we’re still open to new members. We’re over 20 people now. We had some more really great, fun people join yesterday. We’ve got a bunch of people in the EU time zones, and would love to have a few more Canadians/Americans for our few NA members to hang out with in their time zones, as well.

We’ve started doing dungeons in exploratory mode, and are forming our pvp teams.

Joining is easy, just visit our web site for more info: http://o3h.does-it.net

Great response so far! We’re nearing 30 members and still growing. Check our our site. You can apply online or in-game. Oneth Rha in-game (whisper or email) or apply on our site: http://o3h.does-it.net.

Hey guys, thanks for all the whispers and support! Our core group has really grown and solidified over the past two weeks. We have about 10 core members who play on a daily basis for most of the evening, and about 10 more who are on daily for shorter periods of time. In total, we have just over 30 members now.

We've started scheduling regular group events and activities, and we have a bunch of spontaneous stuff that goes on as well daily.

Stop by our web site and join. We'd love to have you!

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Is your guilds name a reference to Mr. Show? If so that's awesome!

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

We have 35 active members now, and are still accepting new people. We have some exploration dungeons going on this week, as well as a lot of WvW. Come to Vabbi and check us out! Server transfers are now locked to once every 24 hours, but you won't be disappointed--I promise! Visit our web site for more information and to join: http://o3h.does-it.net.

Hey guys! We're seated over 40 members, and are going to be closing membership in the next few weeks. We have a wonderful group of core people, and are starting to get our schedule in order for tournaments, wvw, and dungeon runs. Come be a part of our community! We'd love to have you!
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by GothamCityFiasco
    Our guild’s motto is: This is just a game.
    As I explained it to one straight member recently, “We aren’t so much pro-gay as much as we are anti-dumb.”

If it's just a game why bring sexual orientation into it? I think it's a little more than a game to you.

I have to disagree with the second statement. Your more about being "Pro gay" than "Anti dumb". Unless your under the illusion that homosexual are more intelligent than hetrosexuals.

Originally posted by immodium
    Originally posted by GothamCityFiasco
    Our guild’s motto is: This is just a game.
    As I explained it to one straight member recently, “We aren’t so much pro-gay as much as we are anti-dumb.”

If it's just a game why bring sexual orientation into it? I think it's a little more than a game to you.

I have to disagree with the second statement. Your more about being "Pro gay" than "Anti dumb". Unless your under the illusion that homosexual are more intelligent than hetrosexuals.

I'm sorry if you were offended by that statement. However, I've had a lot of straight people contact me not to join, but to specifically say how much they liked that statement and the guild's general spirit. They've either been on other servers, or had other reasons that they havne't wanted to come to our server (usually girlfriends on anotehr server or real life friends someplace else), but that they've contacted us at all with such positve feedback says something.

To be clear, the statement is not an assertion of superior intelligence, but a statement that bigotry is stupid.

Sexual orientation doesn't come up in our playstyle, or in guild chat, or in voice chat necessarily. But as the original post says, people do tend to be friendly on voice chat, and as people become friends, they do discuss their personal lives. I assume that you're straight, and perhaps you've never experienced a negative experience on a guild voice chat with someone eitehr making fun of you for how you speak, or asking if you're gay based on something you've said…I'll just say that some people prefer to work in a group where, if that does come up, it isn't going to be a problem. So I'll repeat: No, we're not pro-gay. And we don't have an agenda. We welcome everyone, but many of our members are gay and if that's a problem for you, this is not the right guild for you.

Wish you the best in your in-game adventures!

Originally posted by Robokapp
    whenever I read "it's just a game" I am automatically turned off and become very hesitant to be in a guild that wont take the game seriously...these kind of guilds usually don't do barely anything together and you're more alone in thm than you ever were on your own.

As said in the original post, we have a very active community of about 40 players. However, if you are the type of hardcore player who perceives the game (which we view as more of a hobby) as a daily requirement, or commitment, etc., then this is not the right guild for you. In terms of guild activity or working together, we have between 10 and 15 players on at almost any given time, frequently working together in WvW or dungeon runs. I'd say about half of our players do play every day, for 2-3 hours. In eitehr case, it doesn't seem that our guild is a good guild for you. Wish you the best in finding a better fit! :)

I just find it very unusual to promote/inform people of what you like to have sex with in a video game.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

I just find it very unusual to promote/inform people of what you like to have sex with in a video game.

That's because as a gay person - even in liberal socieys - your orientation is forced into a lifestyle since most people STILL can't handle homosexuality and use bazillions of hatewords relating to gay people. Asking people to "don't ask, don't tell" is practically saying "People won't like what you are so better stay in the basement and stop corrupting society". THAT is why you need to be open with it, to tell people to STFU with their hate-parades.

M

Originally posted by Meridion

That's because as a gay person - even in liberal socieys - your orientation is forced into a lifestyle since most people STILL can't handle homosexuality and use bazillions of hatewords relating to gay people. Asking people to "don't ask, don't tell" is practically saying "People won't like what you are so better stay in the basement and stop corrupting society". THAT is why you need to be open with it, to tell people to STFU with their hate-parades.

M

Hate parades? In a video game?

• camiacamia Member Posts: 18
    Is membership still open, comrade? Soon to submit my application, just thought I'd ask before doing so.

From the '90s, raised on '80s, better deal with Golden Girls references!

Hi, Camia! Yes, membesrhip is stil open. I recieved your email and will chat with you when I am online later on today. Looking forward to speaking with you!