Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE Asks: Supporting Returning Players and ideas for Refer-a-Friend?

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=522444&post_id=5794240#5794240

The team has been brainstorming ideas that would ease the re-entry back into the game and soften the learning curve for returning players as well as creative options for a Refer-a-Friend program.

What would float your boat if you are, or were, a returning player at some point? Creative suggestions?

And do you have ideas that would make you excited to not just refer a friend, but play with them too?

goto link for player responses

Comments

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=522444&post_id=5794240#5794240

The team has been brainstorming ideas that would ease the re-entry back into the game and soften the learning curve for returning players as well as creative options for a Refer-a-Friend program.

What would float your boat if you are, or were, a returning player at some point? Creative suggestions?

And do you have ideas that would make you excited to not just refer a friend, but play with them too?

I haven't played Everquest 2 but statements like easing the re-entry and softening the learning curve sure sound to me like they are going to nerf the game and difficulty to draw in casuals.  I always hate to hear companies doing that as MMOs are too easy as it is.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I'm suprised more don't play actually. I know the feelings people have towards SoE, and they have made mistakes, but the size and depth that EQ2 has I haven't seen matched yet. It's really a shame.

Updating to a 64 bit client would go a long way.
  • KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Aelious
    I'm suprised more don't play actually. I know the feelings people have towards SoE, and they have made mistakes, but the size and depth that EQ2 has I haven't seen matched yet. It's really a shame.Updating to a 64 bit client would go a long way.

It's like a bad joke.

All these shitty games out - SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TSW, Tera, WOW, LOTRO, Warhammer, AOC etc with "tolerable" companies but unplayable, bad games.

The one good game?

Worst company in existence owns it.

GG.

• Josh007CLJosh007CL Member CommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by stratasaurus

I haven't played Everquest 2 but statements like easing the re-entry and softening the learning curve sure sound to me like they are going to nerf the game and difficulty to draw in casuals.  I always hate to hear companies doing that as MMOs are too easy as it is.

This is a big reason why people don't play it anymore. SOE dumbed it down for casuals and then put in a cash shut to get cool looking items and mounts. You no longer have to work for anything, just pay, and if you do work, that gear sucks anyways because they still want you to pay.

Josh

I know they changed the itemization so the dev team had an easier time creating new content (class specific stats) but what don't you have to work for? I may be wrong but it seems you think stated gear is on the SC marketplace which there isn't. I may have misunderstood you.
  • f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Keylogger

Originally posted by Aelious
    I'm suprised more don't play actually. I know the feelings people have towards SoE, and they have made mistakes, but the size and depth that EQ2 has I haven't seen matched yet. It's really a shame.Updating to a 64 bit client would go a long way.

It's like a bad joke.

All these shitty games out - SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TSW, Tera, WOW, LOTRO, Warhammer, AOC etc with "tolerable" companies but unplayable, bad games.

The one good game?

Worst company in existence owns it.

GG.

Probably one of the dumber comments I've read on here in a while.

Which part?
  • KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Like it or not under Smokejumpers leadership the game has been targeted to the more casual player. There are still timesinks and barriers like 90/280 AA to level to 92, but many others are gone. The game is still great IF you find an inclusive guild and IF you have the stamina to level up a toon to max level. Personally I think that the decision to stop catering to the more hardcore players was a good one. The TSO expansion with its scripted instances and focus on gear grinding was fun for many but the game lost a lot of casual players who never had a chance of doing anything fun as they where "not skilled enough" and "did not have the right gear".

In the future they have to make it easier (yes have a fit if you want) to get to 80 and start there.

In many ways the game are nicer now when the hardcores are going away, dunno where they are going but I hope they find something they like. Does EQ2 still have problems? Yes lots, but still worth playing if you find the right guild.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

With an eye towards the future for EQ2 I think extending the "agnostic" leveling to the whole game could be a step in the right direction. That and opening up classes/trades to swap between like Free Realms. Not sure how possible that would be with the coding but if you made something like that a sub feature you could lessen restrictions on other things for free players are make more happy. 2cp
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

so, they are dumbing down even more, sad i was willing to give this game a go.

I don't take this as dumbing down at all. It's simply how do you get people back playing. That and they should find a better way to show what you can do in EQ2. The way you ate dropped into a low level area for the first 10 levels before even getting to housing and crafting is not doing the game justice. There are a lot of things to do outside combat and I wonder how many people know.