Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warplanes - Ummm hmm

TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

So I grabbed a Beta key for World of Warplanes because I love playing WOT and beta tested tht since it openned in North America.

Well, I do not like World of Warplanes, the controls are not great, most of the time you end up crashing into other planes.  I will admit I did not put in much more than a couple of hours, so many the planes get better and easier to fly but I cannot make it that far.

Anyone else wondering how WOT can be so fun but World of Warplanes not so fun?

What does everyone else think of World of Warplanes so far?

Sooner or Later

Comments

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

I absolutely love World of Warplanes, and have played on average 4 hours a day. I think its the best game of its type.

I have also played World of Tanks and i hate it.

I'm wondering how World of Warplanes can be so fun compared to World of Tanks, at first when i got World of Warplanes key i was afraid it would be too much of a simulation or too much arcade, and that i would hate it like i do World of Tanks, and that i would just give up on it like i did on World of Tanks, but no it has the perfect balance of simulation and arcade.

I never crash into other planes unless thats my exact attention, and i want to do it.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Has the NDA been lifted already?
    Let me double check, ive seen people talking about it all over the place, but no one actually says anything about the NDA, i might delete my whole post depending on what i find.

The forums are completely open and visible to everyone without registration and they contain sensitive information about all of the tech trees, and discussion of all bugs, or tactics within the game.

For Alpha testers there was a very strict NDA, but wargaming has not said anything about Closed Beta, neither if the very strict NDA still applies or not.

So i am atm very confused and conflicted.

I'll limit the info on my post untill i know more.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

On many sites that I have been to, they have handed out thousands upon thousands of keys.. I would dare to say that this is no longer a "closed" beta and if they planned on keeping things secret with that many testers and keys floating around it will be quite the chore keeping tabs on all of them..

I'd say that they are wanting more attention and press on the game and are at least comfortable with the game in its current condition to almost offer up an "open" door to anyone wanting to play..

The game is a blast.. The controls don't make me feel like I require a flight stick and the battles are fast and frantic. I don't like the new front end system though, it's a little more confusing than WoT and is missing the ability to actually "level up" your pilots, gunners etc..

I started playing it when it was in alpha so It was rather strict nda at the time but I havn't been in for a while and was not sure, I skimed thru the link I provied and it didn't think it looked promising, but it's 2am here so i could be just as wrong. it's the OP that needs to really check anyways.
    There's upwards to a million keys handed out i think.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

PM'ed a moderator on World of Warplanes forum, NDA is still in effect. You're allowed to say you're in Beta due to the key handouts,  but no mention of in-game stuff!

Keep it clean :3

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

seriously they're holding multiple 100k key giveouts, the forums are visible to everyone and they are still enforcing it ? 

Oh well goodbye second half of my post.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by 13lake

seriously they're holding multiple 100k key giveouts, the forums are visible to everyone and they are still enforcing it ? 

Oh well goodbye second half of my post.

The forums they have for beta participants shouldn't be open to the public to read?

I don't see how the Beta forums are public considering I can't see them not logged in going here.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

nvm 
  • TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Good think I did not post anything that would break the NDA. 

Second, What are they going to do? Take away my access to World of Warplanes? Go head, I have not touched it since I gave it a few hours and did not enjoy myself.  WoT is fun, still play that a few times a week with GW2.

Was hoping to add Warplanes to that list of games to play when tried of other games but I guess not.

Glad some are having fun, good luck to ya and fly safe.

P.S. I never signed a NDA at all. Not when I logged into website, not when I logged into the game.  Never did I sign an NDA, so I am not under an NDA.

Sooner or Later

Originally posted by TdogSkal

Good think I did not post anything that would break the NDA. 

Second, What are they going to do? Take away my access to World of Warplanes? Go head, I have not touched it since I gave it a few hours and did not enjoy myself.  WoT is fun, still play that a few times a week with GW2.

Was hoping to add Warplanes to that list of games to play when tried of other games but I guess not.

Glad some are having fun, good luck to ya and fly safe.

P.S. I never signed a NDA at all. Not when I logged into website, not when I logged into the game.  Never did I sign an NDA, so I am not under an NDA.

Pretty sure that your WoWp account is the same account as your WoT account.

You most likly did sign it or you wounldn't have been able to play it and you didn't read what you signed becuase you just wanted to get in and try the game, ....like most of us.

WoWp does really need a joystick to get the most out of it, like most airplane games.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    You don't like it because flying is actually difficult and takes skill.
  • TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

How does other planes crashing into me take skill?  Its does not take skill to fly in WoWp, not even a little, its all mouse, its easy.  The hard part is 10 other planes all circling each other, sooner or later someone turns to tight or to wide and causes a crash.

WOT takes more skill then WoWp.

Sooner or Later

• LentechLentech Member Posts: 119

How does other planes crashing into me take skill?  Its does not take skill to fly in WoWp, not even a little, its all mouse, its easy.  The hard part is 10 other planes all circling each other, sooner or later someone turns to tight or to wide and causes a crash.

its a very skill intensive game, and WoT does not require more skill than WoWp..

Maybe try the tutorials, and actually learn various flying manuevers and you wont fly into other planes..

last match i played, i took out 6 air targets and killed 10 ground targets with a Fw.57

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Real pilots learned how not to crash into eachother. Maybe you should too.

How does other planes crashing into me take skill? 

A: Thru practice and not coming into a new game and exspecting to have mastered the skill with in an hour or two.

Its does not take skill to fly in WoWp, not even a little, its all mouse, its easy.  - Yet using a good joystick really really helps.

The hard part is 10 other planes all circling each other, sooner or later someone turns to tight or to wide and causes a crash. - yer this they like to call a, "Dog fight" it's kinda what it's all about, complaining about this is like going into WoT and complaining that other players are shooting at you, also tank collisions happen in WoT aswell and yes they are just as anoying.

WoT and WoWp both take a degree of skill to play.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

PM'ed a moderator on World of Warplanes forum, NDA is still in effect. You're allowed to say you're in Beta due to the key handouts,  but no mention of in-game stuff!

Keep it clean :3

NDA lol

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by 13lake
    seriously they're holding multiple 100k key giveouts, the forums are visible to everyone and they are still enforcing it ? Oh well goodbye second half of my post.

Read your agreements, if you accept do as it states..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    How come everyone mentions something about a game in beta everyone freaks out about their breaking the NDA?  Why do you care?  As long as you aren't breaking the rules, what are you afraid of?
  • FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    How come everyone mentions something about a game in beta everyone freaks out about their breaking the NDA?  Why do you care?  As long as you aren't breaking the rules, what are you afraid of?

9.    REMEDIES. The USER acknowledges and agrees that the USER’s breach of any provision of this Agreement and/or any unauthorized use of the Confidential Information will cause irreparable harm, damage and loss to the WN, and that the WN may seek preliminary and permanent injunctive relief against the breach or threatened breach by the USER of this Agreement, in addition to any other remedies which may be available, including, without limitation, claim for damages and permanent ban of all USER’s accounts in Wargaming.net LLP games and services.

And for not having to accept it (it's dirty but it's legit >.>):

10.  ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. The USER acknowledges and agrees that USER has read and understand the foregoing Agreement and agrees that by clicking “Accept” or installing the GAME the USER is acknowledging his agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Non-Disclosure Agreement.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Because breaking the NDA is breaking the rules and can get your accounts suspended or permanently banned.

or what Freezzo said.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

WOP isnt flying