Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: How to farm Exp and Karma Fast Tactics Part 4

Comments

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    I wouldn't suggest that they ban happy now.
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    You actually made me smile with the realness in your voice. I watched your other stuff too I guess its not a act. I'm requesting you make a level 80 version to this. It's nice strats excellent for beginners but I need to know what to do once im already 80. Sigh.....gold isn't that abundant.
    Originally posted by Madamefate
    You actually made me smile with the realness in your voice. I watched your other stuff too I guess its not a act. I'm requesting you make a level 80 version to this. It's nice strats excellent for beginners but I need to know what to do once im already 80. Sigh.....gold isn't that abundant.

Whoo sorry I been busy with work RL.I am making a level 80 version I just won't have time to do it until this weekend. Thanks for the support I didnt forget the vets. Sometimes you wish you could be two people then you could make everyone happy lol..

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

Excellent vid and good attitude.

Funny on how all the established old hands in this community, can't stop falling over themselves trying to appear on the bandwagon with belated praise, but they are a good example of this rotten community. 

They have know this stuff for ages, but never shared it.  Not once.

I found you vid previously at Guild Wars 2 Guru, which has somewhat less of the me-too fanboy-ism found here.

I expect however Anet will nerf drops if enough players take up this practice. 

Well I didnt do it to shame anyone. It was mainly to stop people from buying ripp off gold guides and botting. Now I know if the person would go as far as to bot or pay for gold. My one post won't change that mindset problably 95% of the time. But for the people who just needed a non elitest approach this is for them.

I'm in the process of a lvl 80 version now. I got alot of messages for it even some flames for not doing that first. Like I said in the post above you can't make everyone happy. But i guess they will atleast smile at the 80 version but then again......lol

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Just for future reference, the trading post is game wide.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Great job!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    The prices are the same lal servers since it's linked so it doesn't matter which server you are on the prices will stil lbe the same.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

I addressed that in the vid i just didnt change the vid. Because it doesnt matter just a simple slip up. You still have to pay attention to the prices and know what to vendor/salvage/auction :). That information is the same if its a shared auction or not. No point in altering the video just for that when you can just caption it.
    I just watched your other show that was kinda good! Any word on lvl 80 gold version of this post?

I already did it just needs to be edited and approved by you tube.

How do you keep doing all these vids? Do you even sleep can't be live streams too sheesh......
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I quit GW2 at 80 when I decided I didn't want to farm anything.  I'll try to watch it for the time I eventually return.
    You should watch the other lvl 80 version that be better for you
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Nice video mate good perspective to have.

I just wanted to add if you can get a crafting disipline to 400 and make pearl items then by buying ingredients and making more you can make a few gold p/hr. In the first few weeks this was more like up to 5g p/hr but still it is a decent way that I found and wanted to share. When you get comfortable enough put the Pearl stuff into the Mystic Forge and that can be nice too if your lucky :)

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Nice video mate good perspective to have.

I just wanted to add if you can get a crafting disipline to 400 and make pearl items then by buying ingredients and making more you can make a few gold p/hr. In the first few weeks this was more like up to 5g p/hr but still it is a decent way that I found and wanted to share. When you get comfortable enough put the Pearl stuff into the Mystic Forge and that can be nice too if your lucky :)

5g per hr is rather nice how often does that work?

Yes that is nice I heard of it. But I only speak on things I actually can test. I'll definately haved to try that out later today.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Nice video and thanks for making it!

Very good breakdown on the basics, and how making money in this game really isn't that hard. I hope you plan on expanding on this video (maybe doing a beginner, intermediate, and advanced money making 3 parter). As some people have pointed out, what your video shows is actually not a very good method for making money. However, what it does show is that you can make money extremely easily in this game, and for people who are at a complete loss on how to make gold (and always find themselves broke) this method works.

Furthermore, I saw someone on the first page complaining about MF find. How people wouldn't be able to just magically have MF gear. However in your video you didn't have 100% MF and were still making decent money. Furthermore by the end of the video you have enough money to buy yourself a basic set of MF runes to increase your gain even further.

Also, by the time people hit 80, they can vendor blues & crappier greens for at least 1-2s a piece, and sometimes as much as 3-4.

Again, very nice video. I hope you expand upon it to show how that basic tip expands / scales to other lvls, and how things like dungeon running (even w/ out MF) can result in very easy money. If you wanted to take it even further, you could also get into how using the TP effectively can be used to increase those earnings 10fold.

Speaking of which, if anyone doesn't know about it, I often use this site to check the TP and watch market trends: http://www.gw2spidy.com/

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Thank you so much, Silentstorm!  I really enjoyed the video and you took time to help out your fellow players!  I'm so grateful, and I can't wait to try this out here in a bit.  I thought I had to be infront of a trader to sell on the trademarket, didn't realize I could be anywhere.  Dang! 

Loved your voice and speaking style.  Nice editorializing thrown in here and there.  Good quality on the vid.  You're good at this, keep doing it.

Once again I wish mmorpg.com would have like/dislike buttons for posts.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Guild Wars 2 Gold Vid

I did a nice live break down of making gold practices in Guild Wars. I found that these work and if you do them from the very start of playing. You will have no trouble by the time your lvl 80 in affording anything you want to buy. I did it live because I didn't want to just say look here you can make money and show you a after effect. If you don't understand anything I said leave a comment below. I'll do my best to break it down better here if need be.

This title needs to be renamed.  The guy isn't telling anyone how to get rich, he's telling people to sell everything he gets, which is common-place. 

Don't know if your trolling or you actually believe that. And yes it is common place to sell things. But what I was teach was not just simply that. I'm teaching a mindset that allows you always have gold, freedom, and still enjoy the game without grinding your brains away. But if that is all you got from the video maybe thats all you wanted to get from it. Some people don't get it thats sad buy alot of people do. I guess the reward of doing it is people happy who do.

Side note I made a lvl 80 version for veterans a part 2 so to speak 

Here

I'm saying that because I'm still getting pm's to make a veteran video place including here. Not only did I already do it but its right here in this forum lol.....I also linked it in the part 1 vid. 

The sip guy is just trolling you they do that here
    I guess he never did come back lol....
  • buckleypermbuckleyperm Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Cool video.

Some people ask 'Where's the community?' when each new MMO rolls around. I'd say the guy that takes the time to make something dedicated to helping his fellow players is a clear example of community. Whether it's a video or wiki updates or contributing to the forums or even the notable personalities in in-game chat. That's community.

Thanks for posting this, Silent!

i agree...

Originally posted by Silentstorm
    I guess he never did come back lol....

Yea I don't think he had the heart to believe that bs anyway.

Nice new vids between and part 3?