It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Here is why... (Got 7 days in my email checked it out.)
1. The UI bug that has been there since launch, not sure if it effects all resolutions, but for those with 19-21 inch monitors after uninstalling/playing the game for the first time you have to spend about 20 minutes fixing your UI to look perfect with scale and stuff. Enmasse was notified of this on launch/beta they still have not fixed months later.
2. Pay 2 Play + Cash Shop, When I purchased TERA I expected to be getting everything for FREE with my monthly subscription I expected free customizations, recustomization etc. Instead I am told after I buy the game we are going to have a cash shop selling exclusive skins, and charge you $9.99 to change any little detail on your character each time. This drove me away immediately I subbed 1 month after to get the skins and quit.
IF it were additional skins which were added after the games release I would not mind paying for them as long as they are account bound and not like Aion, or GuildWars 2 where I would have to constantly apply to items, or of course expansions I am happy to pay for the artwork and creativity and time it takes for a MMO development team to design. ( As long as I can change and customize as I like with what I already purchased which when I purchased.)
3. Complaint with the BBB.ORG, they threw their stupid TOS in my face saying I agreed, technically I never agreed to any TOS, reguardless of what people might think I registered my account way before the game was ever released was never required to agree, when I purchased my game they gave me an invalid link, so I was never required to review any agreement I knew it was there of course, but they gave the wrong site listed on their retail package manual.
4. Loosing all its customers, Failure to listen... Seriously I asked on the forums many times give these options to consumers I am sure I am not the only one who likes being able to customize and such either, but MINEA the moderator often locks posts whatever they do not like they lock.
What could Enmasse/TERA do different?
1. Fix the UI problems.
2. Give us free recustomization if its a P2P game.
3. add support for Addon mods and skins like Tera Nu** mod and Bikini/Skins.
4. Listen to its consumers do something to prevent Ninja this might have been fixed I dunno I haven't played for a long time but there were a lot of complaints last time I saw not getting fixed for weeks/months.
It is said to say but TERA, as a company is done for. Sure they could make moeny off the subscriptions they currently have and stay open possibly I am sure, however it wil not be a successful MMO, neither will TSW because of their failures at launching the game. Could it boom again absolutely if they can get everyone on board make the right changes give us what we want, and what I want sure I would resub, but if not then the answer is no I am showing enmasse with my wallet and will not be spending another dime might check it out when it goes F2P but beyond that I am done with TERA. TSW for example on launch did the same thing but worse than enmasse giving people shitty clothing and require people to use the cash shop, the real reason I quit besides the slight loading times and lag in certain areas of the game.
There just is no excuse for such a bad game. I admit that GuildWars 2 is not the perfect game, some of the armor designs in GW2 look like crap, but hey at least the game is FREE, and I can customize for free without spending a dime plus while it is nothing ground breaking they have a lot more servers open than Enmasse did anyways.
It is just really sad to see that both TSW, and TERA two games with good potential go down the drain because of bad choices and bad management. Hopefully future MMO companies see what caused these games to derail and avoid doing what they have done .
Take DarkFall Unholy Wars for example.
I bet that on launch there are a lot of improvements, and changes that make it way better than Most current pvp sandbox MMO's. Time will tell.