Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for Posting This Video

topherethtophereth Member Posts: 11

so there was a light-hearted rap battle going on in a thread of the guild politics section of mortal online.  i finished my second video and posted it.  obviously a joke around video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2cyWtJTKb8

i got banned for a day and the video got taken down.  it even got taken down repeatedly when i removed the references to duping and banning.  i'm just posting it here so the effort isn't a complete waste. 

here are the messages exchanged between arbowl and I: 

arbowl: 

"It's time to change the subject now, and it's time to talk about how Kuthara has all that cash. I'm pretty sure campodons don't drop hash. Or was it really cougar? He must have been using lugers. Or does he think that we're all cooks, it's pretty obvious that he ___"

This is an obvious dupe accusation, even with the blank spot added. People can be productive without breaking the rules. That section of the forum allows for smack talk, but that is taking it too far.

Regards,

Arbowl     

me:

thanks for taking the time to respond.

for one thing, it might be obvious when people are familiar with the context, sure. if they aren't, they either won't care, or won't understand. i know you're just a soldier, but i'm going to explain why this policy is dumb.

you consider violating this rule (even if this did violate it through implication, which it hardly does unless you know the context) the worse thing in the video? that's fucking ridiculous. there are way more vulgar verses that are much more insulting, such as the last one. about making the gf's of diph and merk pregnant.  like, how the fuck is suggesting(with these censorships) kuthara dupes even CLOSE to touching the other verses seriousness?((OUT OF TRANSCRIPT EDIT: the funny part is that kuthara responded in two posts after the video was posted and made a comment of how bad the other rappers in the competition were, and outright praising me for winning so far and upvoting the post with the video))

if it isn't obvious enough, i'm oronos, and i understood and accepted the first ban so i made reasonable changes. telling me to rewrite those verses and spend EVEN MORE time on something that is completely for fun which is obviously light-hearted for everyone involved in that thread is crossing a line for me. if you, or any of the mod people SERIOUSLY fucking think that someone gets offended at someone accusing them of duping, you're all out of your FUCKING minds. the only reason they EVER act offended is so the other person gets banned. this isn't to say i don't understand the need for the rule, but this is overboard for me.

yeah, you're just a soldier and don't give a fuck what i think, i get it.

i'm just going to say this. when i'm unbanned tomorrow, on my oronos account, i'm going to post
(link to censored video)
in that rap battle thread. that version, too.

i'm not trying to openly defy you or the mod team, i'm honestly just going to put all of my faith in the MO community in that post. i'm letting you know so you can expect it. i honestly have no idea why i spend the time trying to make people laugh or have fun on these forums when some bullshit like this can be pulled

if it gets deleted, i get banned, or a combination of the two, it's going to be too much for me and i'm seriously not coming back ever again.

btw, i removed the banning references after the first initial blank spot so the listeners don't know what i was talking about. it's more than just muting the dupe part. it's muting the part speculating on the consequences of the original verse.  as a final note, remember, i've made reasonable changes to the original version of the song to remove all direct implication of kuth duping. you're asking me to rewrite half the fucking song. DO NOT SAY that i refused to do anything.     

end of transcipt

he comes back to say it's still a rule, to which i respond with "that's nice that you allow very personal attacks to the listener and their family while not allowing conversation about their actions in a game which is completely removed from reality.  you can try to rationalize this rule, but there is no way that it is justified when put in the context of that video.  think about that."

now, i haven't played MO for months so it's not like it's going to matter much to them, but because of this rigidness in their policies, i'm deciding this is a perfect time for me to cut all ties with MO.  

game is about to die, anyways.  lol.

edit:  since everyone thinks they're a critic on rap battle songs, here, let me put something down that you can just copy+paste as a response.  "wow, that was so pathetic.  it was so uncreative and monotone.  you have no business doing anything with music because my dog makes more interesting music eating out of his bowl.  that could quite possibly be one of the worse things i've ever heard.  kill yourself."

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Really, you are wondering why a garbage rap song got taken down?  It's not even pleasant to listen to.  The beat is annoying and it's so monotenous that even the lyrics don't matter much. 0/10. Sorry .. I actually like some rap too :(

Nothing personal .. just constructive criticism.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• EspionEspion Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I found it ammusing.
  • IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    What a load of rubbish it seems ; A decent set of mods owned you.

• topherethtophereth Member Posts: 11

lol, yeah it's a shitty song as is its not that pleasent to hear.  it fit pretty well within the context of the original use intended for it. 

you call them decent, as i would agree in the sense that they don't budge from their firm stance of enforcing rules.  rules that are fucking dumb.

you also have to realize the the MO forums are pretty much dead and this video was meant to stimulate conversation and interest within the forums.  they decided to eliminate the potential from that at a time when that state of MO is very delicate.

edit: i'm basically pointing out that their blanket policies on certain issues harm as well as help the MO community.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Welcome to MO.

See, I read that thread last night and found it pretty funny and creative. MO seems to frown on creativity I guess because its something they do not have....

You guys seemed to be having fun and even being "insulting" it was in a good spirit and civil and (in fact) the only active thread on the forum... Seemed like you all were having a bit of fun.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Welcome to MO.

See, I read that thread last night and found it pretty funny and creative. MO seems to frown on creativity I guess because its something they do not have....

You guys seemed to be having fun and even being "insulting" it was in a good spirit and civil and (in fact) the only active thread on the forum... Seemed like you all were having a bit of fun.

lol, yeah.  we were. 

then the mods fucking crushed that even when reasonable changes were made to accomodate their completely irrational policies.

Originally posted by Karteli

Really, you are wondering why a garbage rap song got taken down?  It's not even pleasant to listen to.  The beat is annoying and it's so monotenous that even the lyrics don't matter much. 0/10. Sorry .. I actually like some rap too :(

Nothing personal .. just constructive criticism.

as a side not, you're missing the point of my entire post in an effort just to be insulting. 

wow, you're smart.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

What do you expect? The MO " staff " pool had hit bottom barrel over a year ago.

Originally posted by Hancakes

What do you expect? The MO " staff " pool had hit bottom barrel over a year ago.

i was never really expecting them to accomodate.

i suppose i just posted this to do my part as a loatheful ex-member of the MO community.

Originally posted by Hancakes

Some dude posted some really in depth ideals for prediction and how to fix it (I know this is off topic, please bear with me)- He has a Cartmen Avatar dressd as a wizard,. This dude is seriously smart and really took his time putting down a very well thought out "report" which was both time consuming and seemed to be right on the money- Granted it was "above my head" but I am not a statitician nor programmer.

Anyhow, someone commented "SV needs to hire this guy" and I laughed. SV has been "hiring" volenteers (unpaid) since Beta... And you get what you PAY for.

Thats why the GMs suck and are never on- They are NOT PAID.... But oddly enough they always have the manpower to censor the forum almost IMMEDIATLY.... Like in THIS case (see I connected it all together lol)

Its like if you are stuck in the ground- NO GM to help (sometimes for days) but bitch about it on the forum and magical manpower comes foprth to censor you.

EDIT/ADD- See the link to this thread was deleted within minites... Stuck players still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, lol. See where SVs PRIORITIES are? On covering up and not on helping or fixing problems.

Its not just about getting paid, its the pool itself.   When MO had a player base that didnt make you LOL, SV could be somewhat selective. (stroking henriks ego has always been mandatory)  Now its a matter of finding people dumb enough to email their ID/Passport  photo to SV.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    that's definately banned worthy.....it should be banned from existance actually....i'm surprised Youtube didn't ban you for uploading that....thing....
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    that's definately banned worthy.....it should be banned from existance actually....i'm surprised Youtube didn't ban you for uploading that....thing....

LOL-

The whole thing was actually really funny. Hard to follow since many posts were deleted. It was all done in fun too and everyone participating seemed to be having a blast.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by tophereth ... i'm deciding this is a perfect time for me to cut all ties with MO.  

Sounds like you would love Darkfall : Unholy Wars.  From your rap video you'd certainly fit right in with some of the players from Darkfall!   Rather than staying with negativity, how about laughing with us http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKrTwddk7eI&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Honestly I hope that MO pulls through, the more independent gamer companies making ffa pvp MMOS for players to choose from the better.  That said, it needs to get out of alpha for me to go back to try it again.

once again, someone letting the point fly completely over their head like a dumbass.

as for liking darkfall, no.  

i think i'm done with the MMO genre for awhile.  mortal was really where it was at for me, but now, it's all lost its appeal.  time to ditch all these faggots on the internet and start fostering my affinity with hiphop.  

Originally posted by tophereth

once again, someone letting the point fly completely over their head like a dumbass.

i think i'm done with the MMO genre for awhile.  mortal was really where it was at for me, but now, it's all lost its appeal.  time to ditch all these faggots on the internet and start fostering my affinity with hiphop.  

-Eh, give DF a try. I too am "out of hope" for a good sandbox but DF seems to be the best thing in the near future . I was done with MO a long time ago as I wanted a sandbox and not a PVP deathmatch (even overlooking the fact that nothing ever works with MO)

-At worst you waste $50-$60 (how much have you pissed away on an MO sub) and give it a months try.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Typically bans occur because a poster broke forum rules. It matters not your intent ... if you break a forum rule, you open yourself to penalty.

It could be swearing, trolling or simply trying to change the subject (universally restricted on any forum I am ever visited). You should go over their rules and understand what caused the ruling.

You stay sassy!

-Eh, give DF a try. I too am "out of hope" for a good sandbox but DF seems to be the best thing in the near future . I was done with MO a long time ago as I wanted a sandbox and not a PVP deathmatch (even overlooking the fact that nothing ever works with MO)

-At worst you waste $50-$60 (how much have you pissed away on an MO sub) and give it a months try.

i would, but the reason i haven't been playing MO is because i'm trying to focus on other things right now.

the only games i have interest in right now are games like ARMA3, the new metal gear game, and simulators.   i am aware of DF and the upcoming expansion, but have no interest.  thanks for the suggestion, though.

Originally posted by Tamanous

Typically bans occur because a poster broke forum rules. It matters not your intent ... if you break a forum rule, you open yourself to penalty.

It could be swearing, trolling or simply trying to change the subject (universally restricted on any forum I am ever visited). You should go over their rules and understand what caused the ruling.

Mo is the most restrictive and heavily censored forum I have ever seen. Anyone who has spent ANY time there has watched posts disappear for no reason at all while fanboys flame the hell out of people and this is allowed (defending the game at all costs while banning and silencing 'opposition')

-This is what brought MANY of us here to begin with.

The problem since awakening is that there is SO much 'negativity' that its impossible for them to censor the entire forum and thus it appears as if they may be being objective.

i would, but the reason i haven't been playing MO is because i'm trying to focus on other things right now.

the only games i have interest in right now are games like ARMA3, the new metal gear game, and simulators.   i am aware of DF and the upcoming expansion, but have no interest.  thanks for the suggestion, though.

No problem man- I didnt even know a new Metal gear was in the works- Thank =D

i am more than aware of how it came about.  i understood and accepted the ban.  i made changes to the song and asked others to post it for me.  they found the changes unsatisfactory so i made more changes.  ultimately i took a large portion of context away from the second half of the song through those changes.  they still weren't satisfied and told me it would only be acceptable if i re-wrote half of the song.  at that point, i said fuck them, cut my ties, and decided to come here and shit-talk them.  

Oh the wonders of prepubescence

i am more than aware of how it came about.  i understood and accepted the ban.  i made changes to the song and asked others to post it for me.  they found the changes unsatisfactory so i made more changes.  ultimately i took a large portion of context away from the second half of the song through those changes.  they still weren't satisfied and told me it would only be acceptable if i re-wrote half of the song.  at that point, i said fuck them, cut my ties, and decided to come here and shit-talk them.  

LOL-

Welcome aboard.

This discussion has been closed.