Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: v1.4 - Terror From Beyond Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BioWare has announced the successful deployment of the latest update to Star Wars: The Old Republic. Called "Terror From Beyond", the update brings a host of big changes to the game including a new operation, new armor, new weapons, an improved group finder, and expressions for player faces.

Operation: Terror From Beyond will take you to the remote world of Asation where the mysterious Sith Lords known as the Dread Masters have found a way to unlock the ancient Gree Hypergate, opening a door to an unknown place and an unspeakable horror that now threatens the entire galaxy. It will be your mission to close the portal before it’s too late and to destroy whatever gets through.

Read the full patch notes on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Hopefully this will be the start of there 6 week update schedule. 

It broke the GTN (AH) on launch too, but they just patched it back up and working again.

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    [mod edit]

While u play a game full of bots, gold spammer and hacker, im actually playing with real people. And dont worry, by the end of the year we will find way more people playing swtor than gw2, actually if you look at how fast that game is losing active players maybe we dont need to wait that much.  

And yes, from this point is one content update every 6 weeks, next update is the new warzone, after that probably the F2P update. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Awesome!!
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I don't see any big changes, just more of the same.

Still, I am considering coming back to play for a month. I need to get my Sci Fi fix somewhere.

• TalonsWingTalonsWing Member Posts: 33
    New warzones..... IMHO just a way of explaining they cant handle massive PvP scaled battles.  The vision for the game seems so limited and yet there is so much potential in the SW IP I cant stand it.  So sad.
  • YazeedYazeed Member Posts: 29
    Did not try SWTOR

But i am happy to see changes and work

Most famous mmorpg games start give new patch and i am sure SWTOR will have people comming bk since gw2 is lossing active players
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Yazeed
    Did not try SWTOR

But i am happy to see changes and work

Most famous mmorpg games start give new patch and i am sure SWTOR will have people comming bk since gw2 is lossing active players

While I do hope that SWTOR keeps on going for the players' sake...I don't really think your statement makes any sense because SWTOR had already lost most of its players significantly before GW2 was even released.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Eletheryl

While u play a game full of bots, gold spammer and hacker, im actually playing with real people.

Interesting, I play with real people every day in GW2. SWTOR is littered with bots and hacks, if you think it isn't you're kidding yourself. Half the people I knew at launch space botted there way to cap and that bot still exists and functions to this day.

And dont worry, by the end of the year we will find way more people playing swtor than gw2, actually if you look at how fast that game is losing active players maybe we dont need to wait that much.  

SWTOR is about to go F2P because of the loss in subscription revenue due to an ever dwindling playerbase, it's been steadily declining for months upon months now, that is a fact. Care to post some evidence backing up your claims about GW2?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    [mod edit]

While u play a game full of bots, gold spammer and hacker, im actually playing with real people. And dont worry, by the end of the year we will find way more people playing swtor than gw2, actually if you look at how fast that game is losing active players maybe we dont need to wait that much.  

And yes, from this point is one content update every 6 weeks, next update is the new warzone, after that probably the F2P update. 

Glad you like the game, but you have to realize that EA has already layed off a majority of the team that made this game.  Expecting content every 6 weeks means, if they can make their schedule, it will be not very large.  

I still have some friends playing, they just love Star Wars, but even they don't log in much anymore, they have exhausted all the content and don't expect that to change much in the near future.

My guess is anyone leaving GW2 is probably not going back to SWTOR. 

• lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59
    i love this patch and the raid welll waht can i say? i cna't imagine a better raid than terrof from beyond
  • DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

10 comments only.

Seems nobody cares anymore for this game at all.

Sadly it could have been great.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

You won't find many fans on this forum :)

It's not a cool thing to be...

But on other note.  I am glad that updates are coming as BioWare promised. I can't wait for Makeb and HK-51 :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    next update is the new warzone

New warzone was never what the pvp crowd in swtor wanted in the first place.

They want illum fixed and rated WZ... and they messed that up.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Ilum fix is coming in January. Not sure what it will be LOL. Maybe they will just blow up Ilum out of the galaxy /grin. Alien race is supposed to be involved.

Ancient Hypergate looks promising though.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Ilum fix is coming in January. Not sure what it will be LOL. Maybe they will just blow up Ilum out of the galaxy /grin. Alien race is supposed to be involved.

Ancient Hypergate looks promising though.

I will come back and have a look if they really fix illum

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

WEll I will be watching torstatus the next few days,  I bet there will be a small upswing followed by the continued bleed off of subs.

Originally posted by erictlewis

WEll I will be watching torstatus the next few days,  I bet there will be a small upswing followed by the continued bleed off of subs.

Probably. Makeb will bring back more players as that will be a continuation of storyline.  F2P might be a game changer but we will see...  SWTOR will always have a comparably huge base of players though as fans are not going anywhere. I am not going anywhere so count me as +1. And I know my guildies are staying for good or bad as well.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I just looked at torstatus.net and wow thats interesting.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

All I got to say is no uptake?   I guess folks are waiting for them to go free to play or makeb.  

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    [mod edit]

so gw2 is losing players?

Care to back it up with official numbers, facts etc etc?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Muke
    *snip*

so gw2 is losing players?

Care to back it up with official numbers, facts etc etc?

Since there are no official numbers, no.

However when you see that the number of hours played on XFire has halved from a month ago, and that I get put into overflow less and less, if ever these days, it's kinda obvious that the game is being played less. Given the fact that not everybody is still playing anymore, it would be reaching to attribute everything to the same amount of players just playing less.

The fall on XFire is too linear to assume GW2 is not losing players. Some people went back for MoP, some back to RIFT or whatever they were playing. Some players in the guild just don't seem to log in anymore. If you need hard facts, you'll need to wait on official numbers, that doesn't mean it's at all improbable it's happening.

imageimage
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

While u play a game full of bots, gold spammer and hacker, im actually playing with real people.

Interesting, I play with real people every day in GW2. SWTOR is littered with bots and hacks, if you think it isn't you're kidding yourself. Half the people I knew at launch space botted there way to cap and that bot still exists and functions to this day.

And dont worry, by the end of the year we will find way more people playing swtor than gw2, actually if you look at how fast that game is losing active players maybe we dont need to wait that much.  

SWTOR is about to go F2P because of the loss in subscription revenue due to an ever dwindling playerbase, it's been steadily declining for months upon months now, that is a fact. Care to post some evidence backing up your claims about GW2?

What..what..what? can't even take rest of your post seriously.