It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Need to get this game added to the list here at mmorpg.com. Its looking pretty good so far and its still quite early in development.
From an interview on Steparu (http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/897-black-desert-online-interview) here is some key information / features they touched on:
1. Beautiful looking seamless world
2. Action / Dynamic combat with manual attacking, dodging, blocking.
3. Mounted combat ( (inspired by games like Red Dead Redemption) with features like horse drifting
4. Known list of races (not confirmed if complete): Giant, Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf, Human
5. Known classes (May be incomplete, and names may change): Fighter, Ranger, Sorcerer, Beast, nd Tamer (? im assuming that is supposed to say Beast Tamer, but could be wrong, maybe 2 different things)
6. Siege system which incorporates things such as friendly fire with siege weaponry, manual moving, loading, aiming, and firing of cannonballs & cannons
7. PK is possible but the system & rules hasnt been fleshed out yet
8. There will be a guild war / GvG system
9. Chance to drop items when killing another player, though certain bound items will not drop. Sounds like a partial loot system, not full loot like in DF
10. The ability to develop unique relationships with NPCs which can gain players access to buy special items, receive gifts, special quests, access to special areas, or assistance in their journey. Developing relationships with some NPCs changes your relationships (or blocks your ability to have relationships) with other NPCs who they are opposed to.
11. Mix of open world and instanced dungeons
12. Mix of solo, party, and raid dungeons
13. A lot of cosmetic gear for unique looks
14. "Parkour System" - think along the lines of games like Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed, etc with wall climbing, crazy jumps, etc. Mor einfo on this here: http://steparu.com/latest-news/910-black-desert-online-parkour
15. Player housing. Housing can be purchased by players in fields, towns, and cities. Though you will not be able to freely build complete houses wherever you want in the fields, you will be able to setup "tents" for temporary housing. (Details so far on housing: http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/905-black-desert-housing-system)
16. Housing allows you to customize your home with things such as stores, smithing houses, etc.
For your viewing pleasure:
Preview trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtB5DoJ6OI
Unfortunately it looks tlike theyre aiming for just a Korean release in 2013, but the game is looking great so far and hopefully it makes its way to the rest of the world not long after.