Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MoP, what are you enjoying so far?

ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

I haven't had a lot of time to play the expansion due to work but i am enjoying the stuff i have played so far. I love the flow of the quest chains compared to previous expansions which follows on from where Cata started and improves on it slightly in that you still have some of the 'hub & spoke' element, but the areas are tighter and the quests inevitably lead on to other areas of the map rather than having to go half way across the map to complete a quest and have to go all the way back for a hand in. Also liking the use of random quests that either pop up as you enter an area or a NPC joining you from behind a tree as you pass. 

On top of that i am also enjoying the twist on some of the quests like the SI:7 storyline at the Jinyu village or the mini bosses that require some dungeon like tactics to take on which although not difficult, do add some spice to the normal kill this, collect that format.

Although i was in Beta and know some of the stuff that is coming up for me, they have almost completely re-vamped the Jade Forest area from when i first saw it and all for the better from what i have seen so far.

So what are you enjoying about the expansion so far?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Comments

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122

Love the pet battle system. It makes exping fun again!

The new talents are a big improvement (assuming they are balanced correctly. The way they are implemented they should be much easier to balance)

I like CRZs but blizz didnt go far enough. My server only gets "temporary merged" with 1-2 other servers and the zones still feel empty. 

Monk seems kind of boring. (only level 15 though. It might change later)

Female pandaren are weird as fuck. Furries will love 'em. 

The rest I can't judge yet.

Overall rating (for now): gw2+3 / 10

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Pet Battle system and the new talent trees. 

I really didn't expect the pet battle system to have as much depth as it does.  It actually exceded any expectation I had for it; I'm very suprised. 

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

im leveling a monk and im loving it, especially healing cause its sorta a hybrid like a disc with atonement...you can heal other's by dps'ing and its sweet along with the actual heal output...played pet battle for a bit and it was fun but i quickly started leveling my actual character after getting 3 pets to lvl 5. Although i have 13 85's i decided to start fresh on a new server so i havent gotten into pandaria yet but ive heard good things about the quests/dungeons from guildies and general/trade.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Bias Opinion incoming:

I'd say Monk would be about it. Monk is just  a cool class to have around.

What I want to slap blizzard in the face for is the worst talent system I ever seen in a game. No scratch that, I refuse to call it a talent system. Just remove it blizzard if you think people are to dumb and they don't deserve any bit of customization. As much as it sucks to level and feel like you don't get anything at all out of it, seeing that new 'pick a skill every 15 levels' deal makes me cringe. COME ON. Even your reasoning you tried to push being "to give more choice" is a load of bull and you know it. Players have LESS choice and your 'point' of people falling in a nitch is just a lazy way of not fixing the talents. Your new system will be optimized, in fact I bet its already done with people optimizing it to get the best abilities out of it (which I'm sure took about 15 minutes for them to test the very few abilities that would need it, most just being a 'what would help more' question). Is the next expansion going to have a "Talent" system that involves having 5 skills you can get and you can only put a point in '1' and you will call it having even greater 'choice'? 

/endrant

But seriously, back on topic... Monk is about the only thing I enjoy. I feel it could of been implimented better but truthfully I only have some experience playing it a bit on a friend's account so meh, I'll just take it for being a monk and leaver off the point I like it. :) Not enough to ever come back to this game myself but still I give points to there being a monk.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Bias Opinion incoming:

I'd say Monk would be about it. Monk is just  a cool class to have around.

What I want to slap blizzard in the face for is the worst talent system I ever seen in a game. No scratch that, I refuse to call it a talent system. Just remove it blizzard if you think people are to dumb and they don't deserve any bit of customization. 

Thanks for the opinion, but i would personally disagree with this as i believe that the new talent systen does give you more choice to play your character the way you wish to play it. The classic example for me is my Mage, which i have always played as arcane but he now has an Ice Barrier as well which is ideal for me as a mainly PvE player. With the cookie cutter builds that existed in the previous incarnations this would not have been possible.

Just from a pure mathematics point of view you now have 729 different combinations of the new talents to choose from, so from my point of view i have much more choice now then i had before.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by krakra70

Female pandaren are weird as fuck. Furries will love 'em. 

Don't judge me. /just saying

Only played 2 evenings so far. First night was all pet battles. Second night I started my Panda chick (see above) and left her in the starting zone to get my main to Pandaria and start leveling my Engineering. Got my new gun made right before I logged out last night. Tonight: need to level Engineering some more to make the new dragon pet for my squad.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I've only had a few hours to play this week, but my new monk is level 15. I really enjoyed the Pandaren starting zone, I thought the art style was great and the story was well put together.

The pet battles surprised me a bit. I thought they were going to suck, but when I saw all the of the different options of pets just from my limited gatherings, and each had unique abilities, unique stats, and different effectiveness against different types of critter, I thought that was really cool. Then I saw that each ability evolved a couple of times for each pet I had, and it became apparent that a large amount of work went in to making this feature. And it was a lot of fun.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I'm not playing WoW now as I prefer GW2 but I did play for a month recently and did get to play the first couple of days of release . I didn't buy MoP but I did take a look at at the Panderans starting area . They wern't quite as bad as I thought they would be . I would still have far prefered to play an Ogre race ( horde ) on the horde side and something like a centaur ( alliance side ) . Pandas just dont seem to fit into the game well . Its a bit like trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole .
  • bag0glassbag0glass Member Posts: 6

I really enjoyed the pandaren starting area.  The quests don't seem as bland as most of the quests in the game.  Thers a lot more voice dialog which is nice.  I haven't done any of the new 85-90 quests yet since i've been busy but from what i've seen so far its been good.

Getting rid of the skill tree imo was a very bad idea, but whatever.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I had a rather unambitious plan.

Day 1 -  Jade Forest and Valley4Winds 

Day 2  -  Ken Wilds and Kau Summit.

Day 3 -  TS and DW

What actually happened

Day 1 -  Most of Jade Forest, because I got sucked into pet battles

Day 2 -  Finished JF,  most of Valley4Winds,  because I got sucked into hunting the rare elite spawns... which are freakin awesome.

The questing is very good.  I love the climax so far of each zone.  Obviously getting into finding the rare spawn elites as well as the rare item spawns (only one i found was the BOE dagger).

I think my biggest surprise is how much out of the way stuff there is.  In Cata, and a little in Wotlk... there was never much of a reason to explore outside of the quest areas..   I am finding a lot of caves and stuff that are not related to quests, but have cool stuff in them.

Probably the biggest thing I like is the ramp up in questing difficulty.. there are a few boss fights where you an easily die if you aren´t paying attention.  With both Cata and Wotlk.. I almost never felt I need to do anything but my basic spam attack to get through a quest.  With MoP, definitely you can get caught and die.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    [mod edit]

• xm522xm522 Member UncommonPosts: 117
    [mod edit]
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

I just can't bring myself to log in anymore, the world is no longer something I can immerse myself in and to be honest, since WOTLK it's its not a game world I could really take seriously. But this expansion takes the biscuit. When I see pandas hoping around, I feel like I'm playing with a childs toy. I don't know what market Blizzard are... pandering to but it's certainly not me.

I will probably log in again in a few months when I'm bored of GW2 and finnish up the Rift expansion and checked out a few other games. But after GW2, the gameplay and graphics seems old and tired and the thought of doing rep and gear grind doesn't motivate me to play.