Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did everyone go?

danh2osdanh2os Member UncommonPosts: 24

I played TSW for about 3 weeks during August. Got to Blue Mountains and put the game down to play some GW2. I just came back yesterday and Blue Mountains is a ghost town. I talked to some folks about it and they said that most people are at QL10 already!

Sounds like the people that really like this game already blew through the content and are playing endgame content already. The others seem to have left for GW2.

I'm curious about what other people percptions of the game are. I'm bummed becuase I really enjoy the horror setting but I'm getting stuck at the midlevel content looking for groups.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Not a lot of people joining up new, and no real incentive to create alts to re-run content, going to leave a real void at the lower levels.

Best to wait for it to go F2P which will breath new life into the lower levels.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Still playing and loving the game. Issue 3 just came out and the ny raid coming in October. don't let the bastards grind ya.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Too many new games/expansions just came out (GW2, MoP, TL2, BL2) and people are dispered among those.  I'm sure the population will pick back up after the newness of these wears off a bit.
  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

I had the same problem though Egypt and the start of Transylvania, there was just nobody around to do anything with. It just felt so empty, I never saw anyone speaking on the open channels, never saw dungeon group requests, I eventually asked if anyone was out there and had one reply. I guess they nailed that Egypt feel - it was literally like walking alone through a desert.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Be difficult to pick up casual gamers for the rest of the year I would have thought.  Some big ordinary titles coming out between now and Xmas.  I think a game like Dishonored is going to draw a lot of people, then FPS mayhem season starts and popular ip's like Assassins Creed 3/Far Cry 3.   If everything hits release date quite a jam packed few months.
  • BrotherDBrotherD Member Posts: 52
    The setting in TSW was great  but like AoC you blew through content in a month and leaving only endgame dungeons and raids to do. This only support what I have said before TSW is more like a themepark than a sandbox.

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend
    Have Played: TSW, SWG, AO, EVE, WOW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, GW,CoH, DCUO, RotMG, WAR,

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Gw2 / Tl2 in my case.

Was fun while levelling, don't regret my purchase like with d3 or swtor.

But I'm just not that into dungeon grinding, gw2 gives me more endgame variety with WvW, crafting, outdoor pve and spvp. If tsw had something like WvW, I would probably have kept playing it.
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    What do you mean where did everybody go? We're all hiding in the shacks trying to get away from the zombies. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Good news, seems there's a 1/2 price sale for TSW this weekend, could bring an influx of new players soon.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80
    this game has been bleeding subs for quite some time, was nto suprised at all for price reduction.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I was only about QL6 I think been playing GW2 but I have lifetime for tsw so been thinking about hopping back on.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by danh2os

I played TSW for about 3 weeks during August. Got to Blue Mountains and put the game down to play some GW2. I just came back yesterday and Blue Mountains is a ghost town. I talked to some folks about it and they said that most people are at QL10 already!

Sounds like the people that really like this game already blew through the content and are playing endgame content already. The others seem to have left for GW2.

I'm curious about what other people percptions of the game are. I'm bummed becuase I really enjoy the horror setting but I'm getting stuck at the midlevel content looking for groups.

I actually am in Egypt right now and yes, it's a ghost town, but my guild chat is more than alive and well.  I realize that alot of people are endgame, so I just go through by myself and do it.  Haven't had any trouble in Egypt so far and almost to the second area in it (city of the sun god?)....The best thing about egypt so far is the exploration.  The mobs aren't as "sardine packed" as they were in Savage Coast and Blue Mountain....they are very open and offer themselves well to exploration.  Last night I ran around it for maybe 3 hours and found quests I dont think I would have ever found had I not gone and searched for them myself.

The game is still great and very exploration friendly, but the lower levels are not very populated, so you probably wont be running too many of the dungeons til endgame

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Being it is "A Secret World" I cannot pass up saying, "It is a secret!"

(I hope I got a little smile with that :) )

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They really dropped the ball with pvp.

They have a cool build system, they have 3 factions, they should have stuck to their original Agatha and leveless plans and had something to compete with gw2 pvp wise.

Instead they introduced levels and gear dependancy and thought some lake wintergrasp type set up would surfice against the better pvp competition in 2012 - gw2 and soon ps2
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by danh2os

I made a post about this a few days ago because I left GW2 after a couple of weeks of play to come back to TSW. I think with MoP and GW2 just releasing we are going to see a little low pops. Both those games are getting a luke warm response so I believe you'll see people coming back over the next few weeks.

Or maybe check out other servers, doesn't matter when i go i see people everywhere in TSW.

Peace

Lascer

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    What do you mean where did everybody go? We're all hiding in the shacks trying to get away from the zombies. 

lol agreed

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    They really dropped the ball with pvp.

They have a cool build system, they have 3 factions, they should have stuck to their original Agatha and leveless plans and had something to compete with gw2 pvp wise.

Instead they introduced levels and gear dependancy and thought some lake wintergrasp type set up would surfice against the better pvp competition in 2012 - gw2 and soon ps2

I said it before the game even came out man....Funcom has NEVER focused their attention on PVP....they are a PVE MMO maker....always have been.  To compare them to GW2 and PS2 is a little unfair....their bread and butter is PVP...

• Default101Default101 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Not usually a good sign when the game goes half off mere months after release.

Originally posted by Default101
    Not usually a good sign when the game goes half off mere months after release.

Rift is 5 dollars at any store and the game is still awesome.

TSW is half off because it wants to sell more, but ALOT more played into it's lack of sales than building a successful game.  I think the game is great, but with lack of advertising, bad reviews (read them, they didnt even play the dang game) and all the other big title releases coming out, it was hard for them to sell.  Funcom just needs a new PR department :P

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94

Ive been a lifetimer since beta. The game is literally dead right now. Most only log in for dungeons or the updates (which are getting smaller statrted at 6 and now only 2 quests 2 months later). The problem lies with endgame, its a horribly bad wow clone

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I loved the flavor of this game, but it's far too shallow for me.  It should have been more of a hybrid themepark/sandox instead of a pure themepark.  They blew it on that.

I really miss the game, but once you quickly burn through the limited content, and you've done 50,000 instance runs, it gets old fast.  Unfortunately even casual players can complete this game from 30-60 days without even trying hard.

Missed opportunity in my opinion, because the characters, world and lore kick ass.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• plutosamsplutosams Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Probably most people have moved past Egypt, the game has been out for a few months now.  I just got into Transylvania and there are always people around.  In my guild I would saw about half playing are at end game and the other half and spread throughout Transylvania and Egypt, with a few stragglers still in New England.
    Originally posted by plutosams
    Probably most people have moved past Egypt, the game has been out for a few months now.  I just got into Transylvania and there are always people around.  In my guild I would saw about half playing are at end game and the other half and spread throughout Transylvania and Egypt, with a few stragglers still in New England.

No one is in transylvania either, the game is literally hemmorhaging subs

Originally posted by jayfeeler69
    Originally posted by plutosams

No one is in transylvania either, the game is literally hemmorhaging subs

hahaha....that's funny...my cabal is bustling everytime I log on...if Im in Argatha (havent been to Trans yet...still in Egypt) I can't read my ever-flowing guild chat because there are too many people speaking on Argatha chat....but i guess it's dead.

The endgame isn't the best, but it's there.  It's only been a few months since launch....I can remember vanilla WoW having close to no endgame (as a matter of fact most of the level 50 - 60 zones were incomplete)....why do so many people expect so much from a company that just released a game?  Especially one with a smaller budget than most companies....

You only have to look at AoC to realize that endgame content will more than likely quadruple by the end of year 1 and you won't even recognize the game by year 2.

Nobody is coming back to this game, thats the biggest fanboi statement Ive constantly heard. Listen people are leaving because the game is a very bad incomplete wow gear grind clone. The game has the WORST pvp system around. The story is unrepeatable just like TOR. Thats why people are leaving. Anyone who says the game is bustling is flat lying. Look at chronicle, every day leaders on top are disappearing as their sub runs out.