Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad Customer Service

ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Bad Customer Service

I've played this game since the beta in January 2009 and I've never been banned.

Mid last year I borrowed one of my alt- characters to a friend of mine for a few weeks to play with. I changed my password when he got his own account. Now, more than a year later Aventurine decides to ban my alt account because the friend I borrowed it to just got himself banned for talking shit and threatening people in the game.

Well, that has nothing to do with me. He hasn't been on my alt for over a year. Still I get my alt banned and lose it and everything that I was storing on it. Naturally I tried to dispute their decision and explain to them that I'm getting caught in the middle here, but all I get are rigid answers.

Hello,

Your account’s billing and personal information is related to one or more accounts that were banned for a serious Terms of Service violation.

We are not going to unblock your account under any circumstance. The decision is final and is not negotiable.

Regards,
Darkfall Support

And explaining the situation politely and to the best of my abilities yielded this:

Greetings,

As it was explained already, we are not going to unblock your account under any circumstance. The decision is final and is not negotiable.

Please bear in mind future inquiries into this matter will yield similar replies.

We extend our best regards,
Darkfall Support

Never let your friends log on your account in Darkfall. Because you will get permanently banned if your friend gets banned. Even if it's more than a year later.

I guess I am naive, but I really thought Customer Support was supposed to help out the players, rather than get them caught in the flac of rigid policies and final undisputable decisions.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Comments

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Look at it from the bright side, atleast you didn't get banned for ledning out your account.

Something...something with well deserved.

Sounds like a great company, makes me look forward to DFUW and a change to not have to play with muppets

• Just-The-FactsJust-The-Facts Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Seems your anger is misplaced. Shouldn't say bad customer service but rather bad friend. If they unbanned your account then what would stop every other banned account from spouting some weak sob story about how its not their fault..blah, blah, blah. It was YOUR account and YOU decided to lend it out but at no point did it stop being YOUR responsibility. If anything the responses from Customer Service appear to be quite professional and I for one would rather give money to a company that is willing to stand by its policies rather than cave-in to every whiney cry baby that got legitimately banned. Next time tell your friend to buy his own game and you won't have these problems. 

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by kbkid73
    Seems your anger is misplaced. Shouldn't say bad customer service but rather bad friend. If they unbanned your account then what would stop every other banned account from spouting some weak sob story about how its not their fault..blah, blah, blah. It was YOUR account and YOU decided to lend it out but at no point did it stop being YOUR responsibility. If anything the responses from Customer Service appear to be quite professional and I for one would rather give money to a company that is willing to stand by its policies rather than cave-in to every whiney cry baby that got legitimately banned. Next time tell your friend to buy his own game and you won't have these problems. 

Well put.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

first and foremost why would you even care this game is horrible and will be another letdown just like before , second judging by the responce above , why would you even want to play this game again with keyboard warrrios above posting nonsense. Third there is more to the story then what is being listed here. How can someone who hasnt touched your account in over a year get you banned for abusive language now? Game companies log chats and if your account isnt the one threatening people in game and its your friends own personal account why would they ban you? They ban accounts , not single toons so if he was doing anything wrong HIS account would be banned. You are not telling the entire story here or im missing something ...

edit- if you are saying that your alt account he is still using then yes its not customer service , its your friend you should be mad at . How does that company know you are just not making excuses not to get banned and really said it yourself and not your friend? Can you prove you were not the one online ? If he is threatening people of course most companies will ban the account doing so no questions asked

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

AV is really good in bann the bad apples. This shows how they worry about their customers who dont violate the ToS.

OP Account sharing is not permitted, simple as that.

AV does handle those type of situations very well..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Yeah, it's hard to believe because it's ridiculeous. But untill you stand in the same situation you don't believe how rigid customer support can be with their policies. Maybe it works with people who write them all sorts of complicated stories, but unfortunately normal and honest players get caught as well.

He got banned playing on his own account. The offense (ingame chat harassment) was so serious that they decided to ban every account that he has ever played on. That includes my alt account.

• Default101Default101 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Call me crazy, but I like a little cold-heartedeness from the admins. Keeps the cheaters and griefers on their toes. If a few innocents get sacrificed along the way...well that's the price of justice. Or something like that.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Again, I'd be surprised if account sharing is permitted in any form, most MMO's will ban you automatically for doing it. (except to immediate family members, and sometimes even then.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Just-The-FactsJust-The-Facts Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by ZtyX

Yeah, it's hard to believe because it's ridiculeous. But untill you stand in the same situation you don't believe how rigid customer support can be with their policies. Maybe it works with people who write them all sorts of complicated stories, but unfortunately normal and honest players get caught as well.

He got banned playing on his own account. The offense (ingame chat harassment) was so serious that they decided to ban every account that he has ever played on. That includes my alt account.

Pardon me while I call "SHENANIGANS!" Its seems to me that you are being sparse with the full details of this story. If both accounts were banned then it was for good reason (no company is in the habit of arbitrarily banning accounts that bring them a monthly revenue).  I'd suggest you get a new friend a little higher up on the maturity scale.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    OP: That really is not Bad Customer Service. That is your fault essentially. It is against TOS to share accounts and if he put his info into your account and changed that they saw as sharing. That is not allowed. It is unfortunate this happend to you but you risked your account by loaning it out. Maybe you should have had your friend play the trial instead. You got screwed over doing a nice thing but these things do happen. Any other game company would have done the same thing because it is account sharing and not allowed. If you are going to share accounts don't let him put his info in or pay for it.
  • naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    i think that here's not a problem with Costumer Service. AV isn't responsible when you are giving your account details to others, and that's why many games prohibit account sharingbecause stuff like this happens when they have to stand by their rules. You broke a rule when giving away your account and this is the price to be paid
  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Again, I'd be surprised if account sharing is permitted in any form, most MMO's will ban you automatically for doing it. (except to immediate family members, and sometimes even then.

It is against the TOS to share accounts.

The OP could get his main account banned for even admitting the fact, so my advice would be to take my licks and keep my trap shut

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

So many righteous people in here. I feel like throwing up.

You could argue that people are biased, but the people I've spoken to are disappointed with CS in this situation. Anyway, how wrong I was to look for some sympathy from strangers. It's clear to me that the majority of people don't care about anything except themselves or maybe their friends. In fact, they enjoy hearing stories about others having trouble with CS, as long as it's got nothing to do with them. I suppose it gives them an opportunity to vent their emotions towards cheaters and what not. It doesn't really matter who the person is, what the story is. You're immediately met with distrust and hostility. I can only hope that people like that will encounter something equal to the facepalm that I have to put up with from Aventurine support. I was naive to think that gamers would show some sort of solidarity towards each other.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

im sorry but reading the OP post i cant help but chuckle at this..

"Hello,

Your account’s billing and personal information is related to one or more accounts that were banned for a serious Terms of Service violation.

We are not going to unblock your account under any circumstance. The decision is final and is not negotiable." <- it says your billing and personal info was related to several banned accounts and the subject is closed.. yet you still tried to dispute it...  if you just lent it to your friend why was your alt banned with his?? or are all your accounts banned? lol
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Default101
    Call me crazy, but I like a little cold-heartedeness from the admins. Keeps the cheaters and griefers on their toes. If a few innocents get sacrificed along the way...well that's the price of justice. Or something like that.

^ agreed.

On the up side, it's not like your alt account will carry over stats and items into Unholy Wars or anything.  Just start fresh, and tell your friend to buy his own next time!

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

Sorry OP.

Account sharing is against the TOS in basically EVERY MMO. When they banned your friend, I'm fairly sure that during the process, they noticed that he had other accounts with the same info, and banned those as well.

If you came here looking for sympathy, you are not going to get it. You broke the rules, you knew the risks, you paid the price. Plain and simple.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by ZtyX   ... the people I've spoken to are disappointed with CS in this situation. ...

It is fair to say that at times Darkfall 1.0's customer service has let down its customer base, there are well known instances of completely unfair and inappropriate actions.  That is an area that also improved over time, however Aventurine would do well to implement one of the suggestions that they were given by players - Trial by Combat where a champion fights for the player to be given another chance, or Plea for Mercy, where if enough players sacrifice gold pleading for mercy for the player the player gets another chance.  

Aventurine can, and has, at times got things "horribly wrong", and those who have a good memory may well remember an incident where a customer serivce representative error eventually led to a staff member no longer being in that role.  These things happen, and Av has at times been "untidy" about fixing things.

I can and do sympathise with your plight, however in this instance, as we understand the facts to be, the issue is not with the customer service but rather with your friend who betrayed your trust so completely.  And for that betrayal, you really do have my genuine sympathy - friends should never do that to their friends.

• AzaqinAzaqin Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I have to wonder why the OP allowed his "friend" to alter the personal information on the account if he was just "lending" it to him. Seems weird.
  • 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Bad Customer Service

I've played this game since the beta in January 2009 and I've never been banned.

Mid last year I borrowed one of my alt- characters to a friend of mine for a few weeks to play with. I changed my password when he got his own account. Now, more than a year later Aventurine decides to ban my alt account because the friend I borrowed it to just got himself banned for talking shit and threatening people in the game.

Well, that has nothing to do with me. He hasn't been on my alt for over a year. Still I get my alt banned and lose it and everything that I was storing on it. Naturally I tried to dispute their decision and explain to them that I'm getting caught in the middle here, but all I get are rigid answers.

Hello,

We are not going to unblock your account under any circumstance. The decision is final and is not negotiable.

Regards,
    Darkfall Support

And explaining the situation politely and to the best of my abilities yielded this:

Greetings,

As it was explained already, we are not going to unblock your account under any circumstance. The decision is final and is not negotiable.

Please bear in mind future inquiries into this matter will yield similar replies.

We extend our best regards,
    Darkfall Support

Never let your friends log on your account in Darkfall. Because you will get permanently banned if your friend gets banned. Even if it's more than a year later.

I guess I am naive, but I really thought Customer Support was supposed to help out the players, rather than get them caught in the flac of rigid policies and final undisputable decisions.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Poor Celiah,

Unfortunately for you it is Aventurine's policy to ban any accounts "associated" with hacking.  This means if you let your friend log in to check something on your computer then he decides 6 months later hey fuck this game I'm gonna hack till I quit, your boned.

Fortunately for you its only a couple months till your accounts would have been wiped anyways.  So live and learn and punch your friend in the stomach next time you see him.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

So many righteous people in here. I feel like throwing up.

You could argue that people are biased, but the people I've spoken to are disappointed with CS in this situation. Anyway, how wrong I was to look for some sympathy from strangers. It's clear to me that the majority of people don't care about anything except themselves or maybe their friends. In fact, they enjoy hearing stories about others having trouble with CS, as long as it's got nothing to do with them. I suppose it gives them an opportunity to vent their emotions towards cheaters and what not. It doesn't really matter who the person is, what the story is. You're immediately met with distrust and hostility. I can only hope that people like that will encounter something equal to the facepalm that I have to put up with from Aventurine support. I was naive to think that gamers would show some sort of solidarity towards each other.

What did you expect?

You screwed up - you violated the TOS, reaped the consequences, and now you want sympathy on a forum? Give me a break...

AV did nothing wrong here, you did. Get over it.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    It doesn't really matter. He could have logged in at his friends house. Who are they to say he was account sharing. It's just bad customer service disguised as game security. The OP is right.
  • 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Lets be very clear about this Aventurine will not perma ban you for "playing your friends account or your friend playing your account" period end of story.

What they will perma ban you for is any association to a hacker that has been caught.  

Our friend Celiah Alley here is not being truthfull with the entire story.  I can guarantee his friend was caught hacking and they traced back all activity and found his ip/comp had been used by said friend at one point.  That is why your account was permabanned and why you won't get any sympathy from actual DF players that know how AV operates.

PS.

That being said I have always enjoyed Celiah's RP and videos as well as a couple years ago when I played with him for a little while.  This dude is an extremely emotional/crazy dude who came on here to rage at the machine.  He'll be back for 2.0 for sure.