Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dayz but less clunky and buggy and I'd buy it..

They could pretty much cut and paste DayZ, revamp all the clunky UI elements and movement, fix all the glitches and bugs, and I'd buy it.  Anything more than that is just gravy.  DayZ is its own worst enemy, I'd say 3 out of 4 of my deaths are to bugs and glitches.  Inventory management is a nightmare.  Want to chop that zombie up?  Too bad you have to drop that gun first put your hatchet on, RELOAD it, put it back on your belt, then pick it up your gun again.  By that time your face is already eaten or the zombie lost interest.  The War Z has a ton of potential, let's hope they don't screw it up.

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Iceman8235
    They could pretty much cut and paste DayZ, revamp all the clunky UI elements and movement, fix all the glitches and bugs, and I'd buy it.  Anything more than that is just gravy.  DayZ is its own worst enemy, I'd say 3 out of 4 of my deaths are to bugs and glitches.  Inventory management is a nightmare.  Want to chop that zombie up?  Too bad you have to drop that gun first put your hatchet on, RELOAD it, put it back on your belt, then pick it up your gun again.  By that time your face is already eaten or the zombie lost interest.

That's what you want.  What will most likely happen is Copy/paste WoW and add zombies.

• Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    i don't think soo :)
  • jcknowsjcknows Member Posts: 20
    I'm not sure where you get any basis for the assumption that this will be any less buggy or clunky than DayZ. From the limited amount of media that is out there? Assume all you want, but I have a feeling you(OP) and others are putting a bit too much hope into this title. Also, Dayz is going to be stand alone. Which means.... all the things you just mentioned about DayZ will be non-exsistent due to the fact that those are limitations of a mod, not the game.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    They could pretty much cut and paste DayZ, revamp all the clunky UI elements and movement, fix all the glitches and bugs, and I'd buy it.  Anything more than that is just gravy.  DayZ is its own worst enemy, I'd say 3 out of 4 of my deaths are to bugs and glitches.  Inventory management is a nightmare.  Want to chop that zombie up?  Too bad you have to drop that gun first put your hatchet on, RELOAD it, put it back on your belt, then pick it up your gun again.  By that time your face is already eaten or the zombie lost interest.  The War Z has a ton of potential, let's hope they don't screw it up.

DayZ is an ALPHA of a mod addon to ARMA II. It has only been recently that the mod was "upgraded" to a standalone game on its own. What people have seen is some amazing modding by someone that knows the ARMA II engine from the inside. Now that he will be getting help, I am sure most of those "bugs" will be quashed.

I am interested in War Z but DayZ is still a fine game. I will probably play both and let the best game win. Love that competition.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    You guys realize that WarZ was in development FIRST, and DayZ copied them right? Apparently a lot of people don't really get that.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    You guys realize that WarZ was in development FIRST, and DayZ copied them right? Apparently a lot of people don't really get that.

That I would have to question. I realise that the developers of War Z are making statements that could make people think that. The only thing that they had before Day Z though was the game engine. And if you go by game engine alone, then DayZ would beat War Z on that too as ARMA II engine  has been around much longer then War Z's engine. Now, the War Z dev's have been "spinning" the similarity between their game and War Z by saying that the "thought of doing such a game" a while back. Well, that is like saying Orvile and Wilbur Wright invented the airplane before they actually flew it.

As to the statement that DayZ copied War Z, that would be like saying they both never saw Dawn of the Dead and it was an original idea. Hog wash to that. In fact, as everyone knows, zombies in games has been popular since there have been video games.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

It's very easy to see some game successful, and then claim they were here first.  Claims with no proof is easy.  I have 10 million dollars, but I don't have to show you.  

Lets pretend for a minute that The War Z was in development first..  Who cares?  DayZ has a tangible product, and War Z doesn't.  War Z devs have another game already and are using the same engine.  It wouldn't be hard for them to whip something up real quick for some "screenshots".  

Don't get me wrong, I hope The War Z is a good game.  More choice is better, and if it is decent, I will play both.  But, I think everyones gut feeling about it being WoW with zombies is going to be closer to the truth than not. 

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    They could pretty much cut and paste DayZ, revamp all the clunky UI elements and movement, fix all the glitches and bugs, and I'd buy it.  Anything more than that is just gravy.  DayZ is its own worst enemy, I'd say 3 out of 4 of my deaths are to bugs and glitches.  Inventory management is a nightmare.  Want to chop that zombie up?  Too bad you have to drop that gun first put your hatchet on, RELOAD it, put it back on your belt, then pick it up your gun again.  By that time your face is already eaten or the zombie lost interest.

That's what you want.  What will most likely happen is Copy/paste WoW and add zombies.

They better not! I doubt they would do that, there is much less money to be had there since DayZ will soon be stand-alone.

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by jcknows
    I'm not sure where you get any basis for the assumption that this will be any less buggy or clunky than DayZ. From the limited amount of media that is out there? Assume all you want, but I have a feeling you(OP) and others are putting a bit too much hope into this title. Also, Dayz is going to be stand alone. Which means.... all the things you just mentioned about DayZ will be non-exsistent due to the fact that those are limitations of a mod, not the game.

Reading comprehension FTL.

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

OMG game c copied games a and b. Games have been drawing on other games up to the dawn of time. Checkers from chess, wow from EQ, Ms. Packman from packman.

I was sold at survival zombie MMO. If they have to kidnap the guys who made dayz, put a gun to their heads, and force them to write code.... you gotta do what you gotta do man. Do it for the children, and by children, I mean zombies.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Wait for dayz standalone.

Warz is a call of duty game with zombies.  look at the game mechanics  its dayz in a call of duty setting and even more simplified (FROM WHAT HAS BEEN SHOWS SO FAR, YOU CAN TAKE MY WORDS LIGHTLY)

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    DayZ may be too hard and the system for death seems quite hardcore here.
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by assault3hro
    DayZ may be too hard and the system for death seems quite hardcore here.

Dayz is too exploitable as a mod.

To the person saying that WarZ is a Call of Duty with zombies.  How do you know that?  We have seen two videos, both of which look very similar to Dayz in how the world is traversed.  Meaning, I don't see sprinting through the streets, lobbing grenades everywhere, doing 360 jump headshots from a catwalk style action.  I see slow, deliberate and calculated movements where if the player is near zombies, they are being incredibly cautious in what they are doing, just like DayZ.

From what I've read and watched, you need food, water, medical supplies, weapons and ammo, weapon attachments and such, very similar to DayZ.  You can kill other players and take their stuff too.  Same as DayZ.  The map is huge and a lot of it will be traveled on foot, just like DayZ.  I haven't seen any indication by any game mechanic that would suggest that WarZ is going to be a rockem sockem robot PvP arena fest like CoD.  I believe that you likely haven't played DayZ and you likely have done little research into WarZ. 

I'm glad they lock you out of your character if you die.  It may help the bandit issue a little bit.  That is one of DayZ's biggest problems.  It's horribly unrealistic to think that 99.9% of people will kill you without a word if the unrealistic zombie apocalypse ever actually happened.