Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Editorial] Torchlight 2: Beating Blizzard at its Own Game

124»

Comments

• 7star7star SeoulPosts: 405Member
    Originally posted by BrodieBroos
    Blizzard is a corporate monster now. They stopped caring about their games a long time ago. In my opinion, D3 was never really released, because that abortion they threw together calling D3 is not really D3. Never really got into TL though. Just can't get past the cartoon graphics. Not that they are bad, just don't prefer them.

I felt that way at first, but I found they start to grow and you and I like them a lot now. It probably took about 10 levels for me to readjust after playing D3. Not only that, but the randomization is great. My highest character is level 20, and my others are between 8-15. Each play so far has been very different. That is a major difference that makes me like TL2 a lot.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance ParisPosts: 1,223Member

I agree with OP overall, except that I think that TL2 is highly replayable and can be enjoyed for hundreds of hours, much like D1 and D2. That to me is the huge difference between TL2 and D3.

What I love the most is the increased randomization of loot, areas, mobs you encounter, plus there is a lot of creativity in the game. The vault in the desert area was so cool! The djinni quests are really neat too. I love the phasebeast challenges.

D3 really did not have that much randomization of either the maps or the loot and that is why I find it dull. Sure, you can get a different event from time to time in any given area, but that is the extent of it.

TL2 is also a bigger gameworld, with lots more exploration. In D3, Act 1 is by far the biggest act, Act 2 is quite a bit smaller, and Act 3 and 4 are really small. I felt a little rattled about how little time it took to complete Normal in D3. Also, the difficulty between the various D3 acts is not smooth, whereas in TL2 it is seamless from area to area.

D3 does not have challenge style dungeons in it, and very little in the way of creative dungeon areas, whereas both TL1 and TL2 had that (TL2 has more). Classes in TL2 are also more varied, more customizable, look cooler imo, and there are many ways to play a viable build. D3 offers apparent choice, but seems to demand certain specs for getting successfully through to the end of Inferno.

Sure, TL2 might not be an AAA production, but I would rather play something like this than an AAA production that is not as fun.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Kansas City, MOPosts: 4,844Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    On runics whiteboard during design meetings
    1 make a fun game

On blizzards whiteboard during design meetings
    1 maximize the moneytization of players with the real money auction house
    2 squeeze fun in where you can

No suprises which game Is the most fun

This ^^^.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• SilokSilok Mascouche, QCPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by JayBirdz
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

Everytime i open/reload this topic  this pops in to my face,if i jump to page 7 and back to page 1 it pops again.

Authentication Required:

A username and password are being requested by http://www.heresy-online.net. The site says: "Under Maintenance"

Username:

Password:

Yes, it's really annoying.  Someone has a sig that is trying to load a graphic.  Look at the website that asks for authentication and then look at the page source.

Just noticed this.

Yeah Eset smart security is blocking this every time i acces this threads. Kind of annoying..

124»