Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been playing everyday - max level toon is 17

Just curious is any other GW2 players have become so ridiculously addicted to sPvP that they've barely scratched the surface of the PvE game yet?

Seriously, I'm constantly booting up new toons to try out in sPvP... playing with different builds, comps, strategies, rune sets, weapons, traits, etc. ad inifinitum...

And I'm having a BLAST!

The best part? Glory/Rank is account-wide so no matter how many toons I make/delete.. I'm still progressing!

I'm crazy excited about PvE and Wv3, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet... I'm in no rush.

Anyone else in this boat with me?

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

Comments

• KeegarKeegar Member UncommonPosts: 19
    my "main" spvp guy is true level 8. tournaments are way too much fun, especially with 5 man premades!
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    not me as i really enjoy the PVE but my friend from work has done pretty much nothing but sPVP since launch. Not sure what rank he is upto now Ill have to ask him tonight

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    My max toon is 53, I do a ton of spvp as well and have some alts. R19 what rank are you at?

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84
    Currently Rank Level 14... though I should add that when I say I play everyday, I do mean for about an hour tops. Stupid real life stuff always pulling me away.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

Originally posted by Mikey_Hazard
    Currently Rank Level 14... though I should add that when I say I play everyday, I do mean for about an hour tops. Stupid real life stuff always pulling me away.

Ya, I play a lot of spvp in one sit down when I do. And gaining rank is SLOW lol. Still its tons of fun!

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

During the beta I did ONLY Spvp... My entire focus was to see how characters worked at lvl 80. I spent hours trying out specs and playing matches.

So when launch rolled around I was more than ready for the other parts of the game. 

As of yesterday though I have a lvl 80 thief and elementalist. I think I want to focus on gold acquisition at this point, while dabbling in WvW. 

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

My best friend is pretty much a sPvP fan as well and is rank 30 something but is only level 31 in PvE.

I myself don't understand the appeal for sPvP but then again the last 4 years of MMO gaming across 4 games has been all about battleground/warfront/sPvP style content and I am completely repulsed by the ideal to play any form of instanced based battledgrounds when I have this beautiful and epic siege/castle RvR style combat called WvW to fall back on.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

My best friend is pretty much a sPvP fan as well and is rank 30 something but is only level 31 in PvE.

I myself don't understand the appeal for sPvP but then again the last 4 years of MMO gaming across 4 games has been all about battleground/warfront/sPvP style content and I am completely repulsed by the ideal to play any form of instanced based battledgrounds when I have this beautiful and epic siege/castle RvR style combat called WvW to fall back on.

Its the challenge and the tweaking. There is no better feeling for me then when my team wins a match and I pulled of some pretty good stuff in that match. There is this period of try outs were you look for builds that are effective and suit your play style then you move on to actually getting confortable with it and start to actually do good with it, you understand situations a lot better you get a better read for others builds and when to use this or that. Its just one big challenge that AI or unbalanced pvp can't bring to the table for me. Time literally flies by...

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Its the challenge and the tweaking. There is no better feeling for me then when my team wins a match and I pulled of some pretty good stuff in that match. There is this period of try outs were you look for builds that are effective and suit your play style then you move on to actually getting confortable with it and start to actually do good with it, you understand situations a lot better you get a better read for others builds and when to use this or that. Its just one big challenge that AI or unbalanced pvp can't bring to the table for me. Time literally flies by...

QFT

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I'm with yeah there. I am not in a rush. I finally reached 36% on the world map. It amazes me that there are people who were poopooing the idea that this game had no content or the map was tiny. smh

I usually don't hurry through the game of any kind but in this case i particularly focused on NOT hurrying because i want to enjoy every aspect. I'm running thru the game exploring every nook and discovering funny things and exciting things. I found the area in which the first dragon encounter occurs. Cannot wait to get into one of those battles :)

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84

I've been playing almost every day and I have one 20 ranger and 15 elementalist and a few other low lvl alts. I've spent my time exploring, playing WvW and just running around. I haven't done any crafting yet, but I will soon. I found a really nice guild for mid-aged players on Tarnished Coast and have liked things alot more since I have like minded people to play with some. Overall I can see there being plenty of content to keep me busy for several years. No rush to be done with things in a week so I'm very content. I wish they would implement more personal or guild rewards for WvW though. Titles... etc.

Edit: oh haven't tried sPvP. Need to get my feet wet there next.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    i discovered that people are starting to get really good even in pug games. i would normally rank 1st before at launch but now im usually somewhere in the middle :(. Damn PvE taking my time away.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Originally posted by gessekai332
    i discovered that people are starting to get really good even in pug games. i would normally rank 1st before at launch but now im usually somewhere in the middle :(. Damn PvE taking my time away.

Yes, people are understanding the game better. Especially that glass cannons are only good when you know what you are doing or are part of a group.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    I hope they introduce more variety to sPvP games. But so far i do enjoy them. I just recently started getting into WvWvW, boy those sure are fun with a premade WvW guild. Now that the queues arent 3 hours long i can usually get into a hot spot in about an hour of wait.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    I hope they introduce more variety to sPvP games. But so far i do enjoy them. I just recently started getting into WvWvW, boy those sure are fun with a premade WvW guild. Now that the queues arent 3 hours long i can usually get into a hot spot in about an hour of wait.

just one talk from dev's about sPVP

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/21/guild-wars-2-pvp-designer-talks-e-sports-spectator-mode-and-streaming/

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg