Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] A month has pass since launch

KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

As promised I am making this poll to get you reaction to the game as it stands today. Including your overall expereince since lauch.

Again it is a simple 1 -10

1 being the worst expereince you have ever had

while 10 being outstanding and can't wait to play it some more

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

Comments

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    I voted 7, because even though I dislike it personally and won't play it anymore, I acknowledge that it's a well made game and a valuable addition to the genre.
  • vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    Could've given it 10 or atleast 9, If only ANet gave a flying fuck about sPvP... However as former GW1 player I am deeply disapointed by the lack of work and time they devoted to sPvP in GW2...
  • DoggettDoggett Member Posts: 39

If 1 is the worst experience someone has ever had, some people must've been living in some kind of protective bubble playing kumbaya before playing gw 2 to vote 1 on this.

• camiacamia Member Posts: 18
    I voted 9. Would've given it a 10, but bugs are still being worked with and figured that warranted a notch down (since it's technically not content issues). The music's a little string-focused for my liking, but still beautiful.

From the '90s, raised on '80s, better deal with Golden Girls references!

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

I voted 6 based on what I think an MMO should be - and what GW2 actually is.

However, I recognise that as a casual themepark intended as a somewhat light experience with a limited horizon and no sub fee - it's probably more of an 8ish game. Maybe even a 9 - depending on how much you care about a well-told story and traditional RPG features like progression and gear upgrades.

It's a very competent and technically impressive semi-social experience for people who're not terribly concerned with setting goals for themselves and who aren't interested in a long-term home.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I voted 10 because I keep wanting to go home to level alts.

I got 8 character slots and my main goal currently  is getting all of them to level 80, giving me the flexibility to pick any of them to go anywhere in the world.

That and leveling all the crafting so I can make exotics for all of the alts will keep my playing for the foreseable future.

After that the plan is to pimp the characters with good looking exotic/legendary equipment while playing WvW.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336
    It is by far the best fantasy-themepark-MMO on the market. The content is very fun-oriented. Would give it a 10, if there were no waiting cues in WvWvW.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

since 10 does not not represent perfection here but instead "outstanding and can't wait to play it some more", I voted 10 because I feel it is both outstanding and addicting.

It has it's issues like anything else, but it is solid and so much fun even 100+ hours in.

For me, it's easily the best mmo since camelot.

• QuagliaQuaglia Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by DKLond

It's a very competent and technically impressive semi-social experience for people who're not terribly concerned with setting goals for themselves and who aren't interested in a long-term home.

I think you used big words for a game experience...Games are just games, not places where you set goals for yourself. Leave those for everyday life.

I voted 8, I'm having great fun and I'd like to have more time to play.

Originally posted by Quaglia

I think you used big words for a game experience...Games are just games, not places where you set goals for yourself. Leave those for everyday life.

I think you just demonstrated why there's a difference in how the game is received. If you're not aware that some MMO fans like to set goals for themselves in the games they spend so many hours of their free time playing - then I'm afraid you wil have a hard time understanding those different from yourself.

• camiacamia Member Posts: 18

I think you just demonstrated why there's a difference in how the game is received. If you're not aware that some MMO fans like to set goals for themselves in the games they spend so many hours of their free time playing - then I'm afraid you wil have a hard time understanding those different from yourself.

Is "having fun" a bad goal? This isn't a job, it's a game, and one that's focused on the adventure, not the end. You have a mind trained in a way that WoW has forced us into, and I implore you to open your mind.

From the '90s, raised on '80s, better deal with Golden Girls references!

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Doggett

If 1 is the worst experience someone has ever had, some people must've been living in some kind of protective bubble playing kumbaya before playing gw 2 to vote 1 on this.

Or they've enjoyed every other game they've bought more than GW2, which is not unfeasible if the person in question is careful about what he buys.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I gave it an 8. My complaints are, broken skill points everywhere, dungeons are too long, boring, and not worth the time (where's the loot, the coin?), and a family members account got hacked, even though she doesn't share the account, had the email made up just for the GW2 account, nothing on her machine, it's brand new, I just built it for her specifically for GW2, never been hacked in any other game she's played since Ultima Online, never....they got her account back but weren't able to restore the stuff that got stolen??? I've never seen a company that couldn't restore fully someone's account. Glad they got her account back within a few days though, and I gave her 5g to make up for what she lost from the creetin that stole her acct. Other than those things, I'm enjoying the game.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by camia

Is "having fun" a bad goal? This isn't a job, it's a game, and one that's focused on the adventure, not the end. You have a mind trained in a way that WoW has forced us into, and I implore you to open your mind.

I can't see how it's an optional goal at all. It's something that's pretty universal in any game you play - and I don't think it's a goal so much as a natural consequence of playing a game you enjoy.

I think "having fun" can be possible with and without setting goals for yourself - and it will depend on what kind of person you are.

It's interesting that you assume I've let myself be trained by a game - when I've played games for 30 years - and I've played many, many MMOs since before WoW - including similar genres like MUDs.

I'm quite able to have preferences beyond what WoW "taught me" - and I don't think GW2 is the "correct way" that everyone in the world should just accept because you personally like how it does things.

That's pretty arrogant and ridiculous of you to suggest.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by DMKano

It was about a 7 or 8 leveling up to 80. Once I got there it was a 3 or 4

Leveling an alt feels like a 5 or 6.

Good game for the first playthrough but in my experience it falls off drastically at max level and on 2nd playthrough as DEs start to feel very repetitive and boring.

My ideal game is old school gen 1 Mmos like UO, EQ and AC - no quest indicators, no hand holding, slower paced game where death had some meaning, a bit of a sting. You know a game that actually would punish you and kick your ass big time and you loved every minute of it as when you finally figured out how to overcome the challenge you actually felt something.

newer games simply do not provide that kind of an experience anymore - it all feels like autopilot with nice eye candy but zero depth.

Exactly. :((

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by DMKano

It was about a 7 or 8 leveling up to 80. Once I got there it was a 3 or 4

Leveling an alt feels like a 5 or 6.

Good game for the first playthrough but in my experience it falls off drastically at max level and on 2nd playthrough as DEs start to feel very repetitive and boring.

My ideal game is old school gen 1 Mmos like UO, EQ and AC - no quest indicators, no hand holding, slower paced game where death had some meaning, a bit of a sting. You know a game that actually would punish you and kick your ass big time and you loved every minute of it as when you finally figured out how to overcome the challenge you actually felt something.

newer games simply do not provide that kind of an experience anymore - it all feels like autopilot with nice eye candy but zero depth.

Although I feel differently than you about GW2, I feel the same as you about your ideal mmorpg as you described it above. I would love to have both types to play side by side, something new that feels like old school EQ1 or AC1, harsh dp, no map pointers, slow paced, player interdependence, etc...

If I had that game along side GW2, I'd play both and be in MMO bliss. Opposite ends of the spectrum, but I love both styles.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Voted 9, bugs prevented me from picking 10 but I know Anet are working on it since they fixed a handful of necromancer bugs.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by camia

I can't see how it's an optional goal at all. It's something that's pretty universal in any game you play - and I don't think it's a goal so much as a natural consequence of playing a game you enjoy.

I think "having fun" can be possible with and without setting goals for yourself - and it will depend on what kind of person you are.

It's interesting that you assume I've let myself be trained by a game - when I've played games for 30 years - and I've played many, many MMOs since before WoW - including similar genres like MUDs.

I'm quite able to have preferences beyond what WoW "taught me" - and I don't think GW2 is the "correct way" that everyone in the world should just accept because you personally like how it does things.

That's pretty arrogant and ridiculous of you to suggest.

Guild Wars 2, by design, lacks forms of progession for what I'll call T2W meaning time to win, that is, if I put in a lot of time I win. It fills a need and from what it looks like a big one in the MMO space. That said there is plenty to do; there are numerous thread on the long term goals guild wars 2 offers. They don't appeal to you, I get it, but doesn't mean they aren't there. It is arrogant and ridiculous to assume becaue they aren't your prefered set of goals that they are not there. I assure you for many it will be a long term home. For some, as you say it will not but it will be a game they come back to from time to time. For those that want T2W it will not be a good game for them to play they will constantly complain. 

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Since there is no "Just See results" poll option and I have not been playing GW2, I selected the middle of the road rating of 6. Nice to see the game seems to rate higher over all.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Gave it a , which would have been a 10 if not for the few bugs. Everything I have done has been extremely fun!  
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Its exactly what I wanted. I log in and have a plethora of things to do. Do I want to do personal story, do I want to explore, do I want to do some events, do I want to do a dungeon, do I want to wvw, do I want to craft, do I want to spvp??? I am not even close to getting to the 80 content since I take my time with all of these and didn't look to rush towards the end of pve content.

And the other great thing is that I have a guild for everything, A guild to run dungeons and do pve with, one to wvw and one to spvp. For me its the best of all worlds image

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

50% 8 or above.

50% 7 or below.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Ok game.  Just totally not what I am looking for on many levels.

I was caught by hype, that happens very rarily for me - first time in mmoprg genre - my first pre-order and propably last.

Aside of that it is not my TYPE of game, there is few things I could complain about so I can give it 6 / 10.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    I voted 9 because there are some odd number of ui elements missing from their game that should be there for general ease of use. (and i have a list that will be submitted shortly to them).
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully

50% 8 or above.

50% 7 or below.

73.3% 7 or above

26.7% 6 or below.

:)